Dr. Joseph Cruz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

September 22nd, 2016
Patient
T His office is not even taking calls during business hours. Cant make an appointment. I went to the office to make an appointment and they refused. this would have been a post op. I was told the dr would review who needed to be seen or not and they would call me back. my labs are off my med needs adjusting. He has been my md for at least 15 yrs i have an hmo he is my primary and is not doing his job BEWARE

July 15th, 2016
Choose a different physician.
Incompetent doctor. Unbelievably discourteous an even more incompetent staff.

November 9th, 2015
He is a very caring Dr.

June 23rd, 2015
"If this is a medical emergency, please hang up and dial 911"
Wait 6 to 8 weeks for an appt.. No follow up with prescriptions. Got a new blood pressure medication. Had to stop because it made me sick, told staff and went without blood pressure meds for a month until my follow up visit. Was given new medication with Rx and weeks sample. Medication is not on Insurance drug formulary. Again I set without blood pressure medication. But hey, why worry, my follow up visit is in three weeks. I've seen this Doctor for several years and finally got fed up and got a new Primary Care Provider.

May 5th, 2015
Outstanding with amazing bedside matter; truly knows and sincerely cares about his patients!!! He and his staff always have a smile that brightened my day.

February 26th, 2015
speech pathologist retired
Horrible. never met him. could not identify him a line up. idiot nurse prac. did she really get an education. Treated by 2 year old students who new less than i did from internet. How does this happen. moved here from Indiana. had great md and great care. what is with you guys?

April 15th, 2014
Dr. Cruz is a solid doctor. Unfortately, he has surrounded himself by completely incompetent nurse practitioners and a rude office staff that fails at their jobs too often. Dr. Cruz is gone a lot and many appointments get changed in the patient. The nurse practitioner Steve is ok if the patient does the research for him and brings him the info needed to diagnose issues. I doubt he is able to find much or solve many problems on his own. Nice guy though. The nurse practitioner Kelly is one of rudest people I have ever dealt with and not very competent to add insult to injury. In addition, the times I have been forced to deal with her, Dr. Cruz has had to change her diagnoses/prescription. She is completely incompetent and I have reported her to nursing licensing board. It is unfortunate that Dr. Cruz does not manage his office and his personnel very well.

January 15th, 2014
How did he ever get his MD?
As bad a doc as he is, his staff is even worse. Stay far away.

October 16th, 2013
Is this what you want to pay for???
Can't really write a Dr. Cruz review as in `10 years Only saw him less than a dozen times... wouldn't know me if he saw me...thanks Dr. Patient rapport, right??? If you want a place who violates your request for privacy...hangs up on you...their staff feels they are no better than a slam 'em through community health center...makes you fight to leave a message for your own health care provider..who feels a need to review all calls before they go through...then with a request for privacy...has the same rude receptionist call back with information...you asked to be kept personal and private.. all while battling 4 days of 101-102 degree fever... THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!! The only reason I stayed with them was their Nurse Practitioner, Steve, seemed to care more about your health than $$$$... Not now and doesn't care if your request is sensitive ir not...once your "Ordained" good enough to leave a message...he'll just hand it off to someone else.. Again if you like being treated like dung...this is for you...Steve knows I would only call if I really needed medical treatment...been more than a year since I've been in... Now I start to recall several other instances where I was ignored for days at a time.... I was going to leave at least a "2" due to Steve...but as I read this... gotta downgrade more... sorry the first review has to be this...hope to save one person the headaches it took me 10 years to realize...

May 1st, 2013
Review
Both Dr. Cruz and Steve are very nice and easy to talk to but the staff is inefficient and rude. They have messed up my presecriptions and dropped the ball on referrals several times. When I get any types of tests or MRI's, I have to call them for the results, they never call me. I never got a return call on my last phone call requesting my results. Don't wait for a follow up call either. I do however have an appointment for a new doctor and maybe he can read my results to me.

February 25th, 2013
Terrible patient service
Previous review was spot on and that was 4 yrs ago. Dr. Cruz is way too busy and his staff does not care about you. The PA and office supervisor never returne calls. They (the office staff) lied, yes lied to me, they forgot that we spoke and then lied about the reason for not fulfilling prescription request. It has taken over two weeks to get one perscription request answered on a medication that I have been taking for awhile. I guess when you are still taking new patients you don't have to care about ones that you already have. There is a shortage of Drs in the area so they really don't care about you. If you leave somebody else will take your place and finding a Dr who is taking new patients is hard as all the good ones are not taking new patients at this time. Your choices are new dr or ones that are too busy making money by overbooking and providing shoddy service.

September 15th, 2009
Dr. Cruz
Dr. Cruz is a very nice Dr. if you get to see him....He is EXTREMLY hard to get to see, most the time you have to see his NP, who is nice to, but doesnt know as much. His Assistant is not very friendly, and she is hard to get ahold of. She NEVER returns calls, if you do get a call back, look out your window to see if pigs are flying!! And good luck getting your referal approved because she probably will never get it going, and if she does your lucky. Dr. Cruz is super nice, and easy to talk to. But I switched Dr.s cuz I never get to see him, and I got sick of dealing with his staff