Dr. Joseph Kandel MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2017
Very poor repor with patients
Very rude

August 27th, 2016
He believed my late Husband was lying about his pain in order to collect workers compensation and therefore didn't listen to the real problem he was having. My husband subsequently died from a blood clot in his leg. All dr landed had to do was listen and order a simple ultrasound.

July 20th, 2016
Very disappointed!
I am having a lot of issues and am in severe distress. After my first appt he did a follow up a month later. Diagnosis was not given, still in a lot of distress. Finally gave me a pill and sent me off to a chiropractor and said to come back in three months. When I asked about a diagnosis for my condition, he could not answer and offered no other tests. I am right back where I started and don't know where to turn. Need a Neuro, but my first time seeing one now makes me want it to be my last....

April 22nd, 2016
He listened to me without interruptions. As a post heart surgery stroke victim, he was patient and helped with a precise diagnosis of my disability.

December 5th, 2015
A 5 star combination for people with severe back problem,as I had, is Dr.Kandel for diagnosis and Dr. Gerber or surgery.

September 29th, 2015
By far the best and most knowledgeable doctor that I have had!

September 22nd, 2015
Prompt and thorough.

March 31st, 2015
Gen Secretary
The Dr. is a wonderful people person. He makes you feel welcome and takes his time while he is in the office with you. He makes sure he listens and explains the why of all your pains. The lady that did all the test is super friendly and talks to you to distract you from how painful the tests might be. His nurse practitioner is excellent, The girl that makes the appointments is not very friendly or even tries to be. She is in the wrong seat, A new young girl being trained in the front office as a receptionist has the same attitude. It is sad to have them at the beginning and end of a Dr.'s visit when you are there not for the love of pain.

January 6th, 2015
I LOVE DR. KANDEL! HOWEVER, I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR QUITE AWHILE AND AM LIKELY IN HIS ARCHIVES OF PAST PATIENTS. YESTERDAY I CALLED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF PAIN AND WAS TOLD MY CALL WOULD BE RETURNED TO SET- UP AN APPOINTMENT. AFTER SEVERAL HOURS WITH NO RESPONSE, I CALLED AGAIN. THIS TIME I WAS TOLD I COULDN'T MAKE AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL DR. KANDEL HAD REVIEWED MY RECORDS LIKELY AT THE END OF THE DAY. IT IS THE FOLLOWING AFTERNOON AND I HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED. VERY DISAPPOINTING IN MANY WAYS. I WONDER IF HE IS AWARE OF THIS "PROTOCOL"?

October 13th, 2014
Best neurologist in southwest Fl!
Compassionate, caring and thorough. He took care of me after a serious auto accident and took care of my daughter from long term complications from chemo and radiation. He was accessible, listened, and easy to get into in an emergency.

October 5th, 2014
GREEDY AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!
All he is interested in is how much money he can make off of you. Will also pass you around to other doctors within his group so they too can get a take. He does not like the AMA--and my guess is the AMA would not approve of him. VERY unprofessional and a poor excuse for a doctor.

July 23rd, 2013
find someone else
He started out very nice, but always in a rush. Than after ins had maxed out he was no longer interested, said I don't need anymore help, go home and keep up with stretches. Very patronizing, and while I was still asking questions just walked away. Some of the staff not very friendly. However PT staff very nice. But would not recommend this Dr. ever !!! By the way just found out the reason Im in so much pain is I have Spondylolisteisis and need surgery. I have been suffering for a year, What a Jerk.