Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Gen Secretary show details Gen Secretary
Mar 31st, 2015

The Dr. is a wonderful people person. He makes you feel welcome and takes his time while he is in the office with you. He makes sure he listens and explains the why of all your pains. The lady that did all the test is super friendly and talks to you to distract you from how painful the tests might be. His nurse practitioner is excellent, The girl that makes the appointments is not very friendly or even tries to be. She is in the wrong seat, A new young girl being trained in the front office as a receptionist has the same attitude. It is sad to have them at the beginning and end of a Dr.'s visit when you are there not for the love of pain.

by BECKY JARRELL on Jan 6th, 2015

I LOVE DR. KANDEL! HOWEVER, I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR QUITE AWHILE AND AM LIKELY IN HIS ARCHIVES OF PAST PATIENTS. YESTERDAY I CALLED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BECAUSE OF PAIN AND WAS TOLD MY CALL WOULD BE RETURNED TO SET- UP AN APPOINTMENT. AFTER SEVERAL HOURS WITH NO RESPONSE, I CALLED AGAIN. THIS TIME I WAS TOLD I COULDN'T MAKE AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL DR. KANDEL HAD REVIEWED MY RECORDS LIKELY AT THE END OF THE DAY. IT IS THE FOLLOWING AFTERNOON AND I HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED. VERY DISAPPOINTING IN MANY WAYS. I WONDER IF HE IS AWARE OF THIS "PROTOCOL"?

Best neurologist in southwest Fl! show details Best neurologist in southwest Fl!
by Kim S. on Oct 13th, 2014

Compassionate, caring and thorough. He took care of me after a serious auto accident and took care of my daughter from long term complications from chemo and radiation. He was accessible, listened, and easy to get into in an emergency.

GREEDY AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!! show details GREEDY AND UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!!!
Oct 5th, 2014

All he is interested in is how much money he can make off of you. Will also pass you around to other doctors within his group so they too can get a take. He does not like the AMA--and my guess is the AMA would not approve of him. VERY unprofessional and a poor excuse for a doctor.

Bad Experience show details Bad Experience
May 15th, 2014

I had a bad experience with this dr late in 2013. He was quite brash, I would say almost nasty at times. He ordered several expensive tests that in retrospect I am sure were unnecessary. I have a high deductible and the the tests came to almost $2500. Somehow we got talking about the AMA and he sort of went berserk. "Spit on them!" he shouted twice. Quite unprofessional. He's the kind of doc that, if he read this review, would say "Screw you! I don't care what you think!!" I am 60 years old and have never had a worse experience with a dr.

find someone else show details find someone else
Jul 23rd, 2013

He started out very nice, but always in a rush. Than after ins had maxed out he was no longer interested, said I don't need anymore help, go home and keep up with stretches. Very patronizing, and while I was still asking questions just walked away. Some of the staff not very friendly. However PT staff very nice. But would not recommend this Dr. ever !!! By the way just found out the reason Im in so much pain is I have Spondylolisteisis and need surgery. I have been suffering for a year, What a Jerk.

Greedy and Non caring!!! show details Greedy and Non caring!!!
Mar 9th, 2013

Stay away from this doctor.......he will diagnose you with things that will haunt you in the future just to line his pocket!!!!

Good doctor, terrible office staff show details Good doctor, terrible office staff
Sep 27th, 2012

I saw Dr. Kandel for some nerve pain I'd been experiencing. He diagnosed it accurately and competently. I think he is good at what he does but his office staff was so lax in following up, scheduling appointments, and just generally doing anything that it became a real problem. Do not think that you will get any clear answers, appointments, or assistance from his staff. It was a real nightmare when I was already in pain to have it made more difficult by office employees who just couldn't seem to be bothered to schedule followups, MRIs, etc. as directed by the dr. I'd go somewhere else.

simply the best show details simply the best
Aug 14th, 2012

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Kandel. His diagnosis, treatment plan, and follow-up were and continue to be of the highest caliber. He is my doc and will continue to be. He has improved the quality of my life, and his office staff is as kind, caring, and professional as he. I highly recommend Dr. Joseph Kandel.

The Worst Neurologist show details The Worst Neurologist
Jul 20th, 2012

I notice the reviews are very old. I suppose he must have changed. I WAS a patient, I will NEVER see him again. I would rather be unable to walk and be in severe pain. He diagnosed me with Cancer. His words:" you have cancer everywhere." He based this on the fact that I recently lost weight. I was diagnosed by a competent physician that I have Diabetes! you h

The "Dr. House" in diagnosing, but without the "Dr. House" manner show details The "Dr. House" in diagnosing, but without the "Dr. House" manner
Apr 25th, 2011

Dr. Kandel is one of the few doctors left who truly cares. He takes the time to figure out what is wrong with his patients. He carefully reviews everything from your medications to your history and pieces it all together to figure out your own personal puzzle.I know that there is no better doctor to take care of me than Dr. Kandel. I feel safe in his care, and I know when I call his office to tell them something is wrong, I will be taken care of. This man CARES. You are not "just" another patient. He has a wonderful manner about him that no medical school could teach; it is something innate in him that suits him perfectly for being a medical doctor. That, combined with his ability to diagnosis problems like Dr. House make him the best doctor. I began seeing him in 1999 or so for a variety of neurological issues, and as each new one cropped up or disappeared, he has been able to help me manage them.I feel blessed to have found him. To the person who said he starts off nice and being nasty, well, I don't know what's going on there, but I've never in my years of seeing him experienced anything like that with Dr. K or his staff. This man is one of the most genuine people I have ever met, and I thank God for him.

Apr 12th, 2011

I saw Dr.Kandel for both cervical problems including headaches as well as lower back problems. Under his direction, I had a lamanectomy with fusion in February of 2006. We moved away from Naples in 2009 to Tennessee. Our house is currently up for sale so that we can return to Naples. I think Dr. Kandel had done more for me in the seven years I saw him than any 20 doctors put together. He is always courteious and has the best caring attitude of any doctor I have ever seen.You will be well treated if you see this man - but please not to many of you scheule with him before I get back to Naples. I really wanted to keep him my secret but he is just to good not to share.

Great Doctor with a Outstanding staff show details Great Doctor with a Outstanding staff
Nov 24th, 2010

I've seen Dr. Kandel for over 10 yearsconcerning several long care problems Ihave had due to an earlier injury. Hehas been the only Doctor that has helpme with my pain and is up to date with any new innovations that can help his patients. He has given me aquality of life that I didn't think I would have. I can't thank him enough andwould highly recommend this Doctor. I must also thank his staff who are courtesy, friendly and caring which is a great reflection of this Doctor.Anthony K.

Sorry! show details Sorry!
by Sorry! on Jul 29th, 2010

This Dr. started out being extremely nice and concerning. After about 3 yrs. seeing me maybe (1) time a year he got really nasty and would tell you things that were not true. I have been told by several in Naples this is the way he is. He starts out being nice then he becomes non caring and nasty. Sorry!

Dr. Kandel has changed the quality of my life. show details Dr. Kandel has changed the quality of my life.
by Laura W. on Apr 16th, 2010

Since seeing Dr. Kandel over a year ago, my life has changed in so many ways. I am happier, healthier and feel better as a whole. He is the most kindest and sincere doctor I have ever met. He is one of a kind. He takes as long as you need to discuss your health and makes you feel at ease with his genuine kindness and sense of humor. I wish all doctors could take a lesson from Dr. Kandel in speaking with their patients as their personality and bedside manner is just as important as their knowledge and education. Dr. Kandel gets this and does is so well.

I am very glad I met you show details I am very glad I met you
Oct 16th, 2009

Thank you Dr. for everything you've done for me. My life has change since you have treated me. God bless you, and I hope to see you soon.