A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Koen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Koen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Koen, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Koen graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Koen has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Sentara Obici Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph L Koen MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph L. Koen practice?
- Dr. Joseph Koen has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Koen practices Neurological Surgery near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Neurological Surgeons.