Psychiatrists

West Los Angeles
1823 Sawtelle Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310-826-3180
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Thinking of U Often, Dr. Lam  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2012

Dr. Lam's diagnosis/treatment on the intensity of my bipolar illness was exact and on-point. Dr. Lam treated me for 10 years,,,,,approximately 23 years ago. Presently, my life living with bipolar is undectable by others due to the medical plan she set for my life years ago. Today, I have a moderately effective & functional lifestyle and by using the tools Dr. Lam provided during my sessions with her ~ I lead a peaceful and confident life. Sincere thanks to Dr. Lam. By Carole M. King

|  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

She just wasting my time. Totally useless.

|  Horrible!!!  |  show details
by M. on Dec 1st, 2009

I went to Dr. Lam for over a year, simply because I needed someone to continue to write my prescription. She is a joke. She is cold, demeaning, unorganized, never remembers who you are and her true purpose seems to be making the prescription companies money. Her office is extremely messy and covered in free prescription trials. She continued to try to push new, expensive medicines on me that didn't work and gave hoorible side effects. Luckily, I know myself and my illness as I have dealt with it for 20 years, and basically I just had to tell her what to do. As for the "receptionist". Where to even start. The other reviewer was kind in there report of her. She doesn't answer the phones, as she explains that she is so busy, she just lets the messages pile up and then returns phone calls. You don't deal with her in person, only over the phone. She is the rudest, most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with in any type of Dr's office, customer service or any other capacity. And I have been a teacher, counselor and worked in office settings with very unruly and immature people. After leaving me a long lecturing demeaning message about how much money I owed them, which was incorrect by several hundred dollars, we then had several horrible phone conversations where she wouldn't let me talk. Very long story short, she made a lot of accusations and said very rude things to me, and then refused to let me speak to her or address any of them. This woman should never be allowed in a job that deals with people. I sure hope she never get a call from someone with a mental illness that is having issues as she could severely damage them. I have actually contacted ethics board about her and Dr. Lam. I really hope that people do their research and find another doctor.

|  Horrible Pschiatrist and office staff  |  show details
by matina at Citysearch on Dec 1st, 2009 on citysearch.com

I went to Dr. Lam for over a year, simply because I needed someone to continue to write my prescription. She is a joke. She is cold, demeaning, unorganized, never remembers who you are and her true purpose seems to be making the prescription companies money. Her office is extremely messy and covered in free prescription trials. She continued to try to push new, expensive medicines on me that didn`t work and gave horrible side effects. Luckily, I know myself and my illness as I have dealt with it for 20 years, and basically I just had to tell her what to do. As for the \"\"receptionist\"\". Where to even start. She doesn`t answer the phones, as she explains that she is so busy, she just lets the messages pile up and then returns phone calls. You don`t deal with her in person, only over the phone. She is the rudest, most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with in any type of Dr`s office, customer service or any other capacity. And I have been a teacher, counselor and worked in office settings with very unruly and immature people. After leaving me a long lecturing demeaning message about how much money I owed them, which was incorrect by several hundred dollars, we then had several horrible phone conversations where she wouldn`t let me talk. Very long story short, she made a lot of accusations and said very rude things to me, and then refused to let me speak to her or address any of them. This woman should never be allowed in a job that deals with people. I sure hope she never get a call from someone with a mental illness that is having issues as she could severely damage them. I have actually contacted ethics board about her and Dr. Lam. I really hope that people do their research and find another doctor.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Horrible Pschiatrist and office staff  |  show details
by matina on Dec 1st, 2009 on citysearch.com

I went to Dr. Lam for over a year, simply because I needed someone to continue to write my prescription. She is a joke. She is cold, demeaning, unorganized, never remembers who you are and her true purpose seems to be making the prescription companies money. Her office is extremely messy and covered in free prescription trials. She continued to try to push new, expensive medicines on me that didn`t work and gave horrible side effects. Luckily, I know myself and my illness as I have dealt with it for 20 years, and basically I just had to tell her what to do. As for the "receptionist". Where to even start. She doesn`t answer the phones, as she explains that she is so busy, she just lets the messages pile up and then returns phone calls. You don`t deal with her in person, only over the phone. She is the rudest, most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with in any type of Dr`s office, customer service or any other capacity. And I have been a teacher, counselor and worked in office settings with very unruly and immature people. After leaving me a long lecturing demeaning message about how much money I owed them, which was incorrect by several hundred dollars, we then had several horrible phone conversations where she wouldn`t let me talk. Very long story short, she made a lot of accusations and said very rude things to me, and then refused to let me speak to her or address any of them. This woman should never be allowed in a job that deals with people. I sure hope she never get a call from someone with a mental illness that is having issues as she could severely damage them. I have actually contacted ethics board about her and Dr. Lam. I really hope that people do their research and find another doctor.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Never Again  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2009

I have seen a few psychiatrists here in the West Los Angeles area but Dr. Lam is definitely one of the worst. I found to be her very cold and demeaning. She didn't seem to really care about me at all. I never really understood that, if you are someone who deals with unstable individuals why would you act this way? Also, her receptionist is very rude and I'm not even a sensitive/ easily offended person.