Neurologist, Pain management Medicine

Aug 12th, 2016

amazing compassionate physician after so many cruel docs

My opinion of my pain management doctor and his staff show details My opinion of my pain management doctor and his staff
by TLCooper on Jun 23rd, 2016

Dr. J Unger has a great personally and his staff is great. I have been going to him for a year now and he has done many tests to find the cause of my pain. He does't just write you a prescription for medication, he does all kinds of tests to fix the problem not mask it. In the past few months he has updated his Lafayette office and it looks very nice and is always clean. His staff listens to you and really seems to care about you . I think he is one of the better pain management doctors in this town because he doesn't just take your money and write you unneeded meds. He is thorough, and even makes you laugh. He is serious and he does do drug screens with every appointment but if more docs did that some of the abuse and pain meds wouldn't end up where there not suppose too. I enjoy my visits.

by Amanda on Jun 22nd, 2016

Dr. Ungar is an EXCELLENT doctor and is very compassionate, and caring to all of his patients. It's sad how many negative reviews I read on here about him, he is the complete opposite of all of them! He goes above and beyond to help and treat me the best way he can, and I am very grateful he's my doctor!!!

May 25th, 2016

does very well love him i wouldnt go to anyother doctor ungar is my doctor till i get better. does very good work. and is the sweetiest doctor ive been with n a few years.

by Brandie on May 13th, 2016

I would recommend dr Ungar to anyone in need of a neurologist he is very thourogh

by Todd on Feb 29th, 2016

Finally a Dr who wants to treat his patients not just shoe them out the door. I feel finally in good hands

by Lorna Pennington on Sep 10th, 2015

I would like to make sure that everyone knows what a terrific Dr. Julian ungar is. He has been my Dr for 12 wonderful years And I have been very well treated. I will continue to be a patient with him as long as I need to be.

patient show details patient
by berri humphrey on Aug 17th, 2015

as a patient of Dr. Ungar, for one year, I can honestly say I'm pleased with the progress, he has done with me. I suffer from cluster head aches on a daily basis. my first visit with him wasn't exactly what I was wanting to hear, but giving him time to figure out what works for me! this Dr. can help u with a little patients. I understand I will never live a normal life again, But he is the best chance i have to living one.

AMAZING COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR show details AMAZING COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR
by SANDRA HILL on Jun 3rd, 2015

This doctor is the most compassionate doctor he doesnt give you medication and shove you out the door he finds out what is wrong with you and fixes you to the best he can if its not curable. I have seen some of his patients get angry because they want pain meds well most doctors can tell when one is addicted to pain meds and he is one of them. He will prescribe what you need for your needs nothing more nothing less. He is an amazing doctor and I alone have recommended 8 people to him and he has helped them already.

Dr Unger a great doctor show details Dr Unger a great doctor
by Diane Clayton Fowler IN on May 26th, 2015

I've been with Dr Unger For almost five years. I find him very nice and understanding. I will continue to see Dr Unger cause I Believe he know my illness in details.I urge you to go and see him.

May 24th, 2015

Amazing caring doctor

May 20th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Ungar for almost 2 years before I started seeing him I was on 5 different narcotics he is the only doctor that his attempted to try and figure out a way to stop my pain without handing me more prescriptions that were doing nothing to control my pain anyways I've been out of pain for almost 1 year he has wonderful bedside manners he is just an all-around awesome Dr I would recommend him to anyone

by Jeremy morrison on Mar 6th, 2015

After several years of varied (good & very bad) medical care I was referred to Dr. Ungar . The Doctor quickly identified my issues & started treatments . After years of intense pain, I'm finally able to live in a state relative comfort & return to some normal activities .I'm very happy with & appreciative To Dr. Ungar & his Staff

Feb 10th, 2015

The first time I saw Dr. Ungar he yelled at me for smoking! Then while I was waiting in the waiting room for my ride to pick me up he walked in spraying men's cologne all over the waiting room saying he stunk ( which we all took it like we stunk)! I left his office feeling very, very offended! My second visit was much nicer. He really listens to you! He's very attentive! I think he's a really good doctor but his bedside manner totally sucks!

Best dr I have found show details Best dr I have found
by Melissa mcguire on Dec 21st, 2014

Kind curious and thorough. He really cares for his patients

by Deborah Reames on Oct 15th, 2014

Dr. ungar is the best. He cares about his patients. He has a sense of humor that more doc's need to have. He believes in the oath he took as a doctor. I have been in pain managment since the late 80's and not one doc has searched to find out what was really wrong, Dr. Ungar did. all of my past doc's were content to give powerful pain meds and let it go at that. Dr. Ungar has found the problem and now I don't need those drugs. He has looked out for me, helping me get the relief I have been trying for 17 years to find. God bless this man, without him I would still be on the pain meds and searching for the answer. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Ungar for all he has done. last but not least.....I have some problems with multipual personalities and disassotive amnesia, most Docs would make fun of this, telling me that it wasn't true, just a crutch. not Dr. Ungar, right from the start he has been very supportive and kind. the only one in all these years who truly cared. The man was sent by God and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Where to begin? show details Where to begin?
Sep 15th, 2014

I can't think of any nice way to describe my interactions with this doctor. Staff was nice but unkempt and unprofessional. If you have options go somewhere else. Nice to know that I am a drug addict who can't possibly know from experience what is wrong with me. I even have the xrays to prove it. I give up. After seeing "dr" ungar I truly give up. After 2 visits I knew I was never getting through to him. Before seeing him I had a little hope and some help from meds...and now I give up. Meds that helped some taken away. I am screwed. But hey, who would trust a junkie like me?! Hint: i am not a drug abuser.

Caring Doctor show details Caring Doctor
by Glen Lechlitner on May 20th, 2014

I had seen over 12 different doctors through the years, all telling me there was nothing wrong, before I found myself sitting in front of Dr. Ungar. After a few test and three visits, he had the answers noon of the other doctors could come up with. Although my condition is not revisable, he had treatment options that helped relieve the pain. This is a doctor unlike any other, he actual cares about his patients.

amazing compassionate doc show details amazing compassionate doc
by john p sanders on Feb 5th, 2014

the best doctor in years who cares about me as a total person first time in years i am pain free without narcotics amazing guy

Never again show details Never again
Dec 13th, 2013

He is the worst neurologist I have ever encountered. Between my 2 visits, I would estimate he spent a total of 10 minutes with me. He NEVER examined me, refused to treat me without my records, but continued to want me to come in for appointments and charge me. I gave his staff everything they needed to request the records and on my second visit, I asked the status and THEY HADN'T SENT OUT THE REQUEST. Oh, and when I asked him to refill my scripts, he decided to change all the doses and remove some of the medications that I've been on since I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I refuse to schedule another appointment.

compassionate caring physician and staff show details compassionate caring physician and staff
by Amy on Sep 9th, 2013

a great neurologist who finally gave me a diagnosis where others had failed. at last i can get the care i need. great bedside manner would recommend him to anyone with serious neurological disease

Diagnosis & support with worker's comp. show details Diagnosis & support with worker's comp.
Jul 12th, 2013

A life with chronic pain is not what I had planned. Dr Ungar has helped me see that different is not bad, just different. And his goal of quality of life with as few meds as possible is vastly different than other drs who want to give me pill after pill after pill. He was a God send when no one else was helping me.

Mistreated patient show details Mistreated patient
by former patient on May 20th, 2013

I have to say that I have nothing positive to say about this Dr. Not only did he have a horrible bed-side manner, but also treated me like I was a joke. I was never given a formal diagnosis, and did not receive any relief, or even given a CLUE about what was wrong with me. Several appointments were made, and I arrived on time, every time remaining respectful to all the staff. Most appointments, I walked out crying because I wasn't getting ANY help that I so desperately needed. I wanted to know what the HECK was wrong with me, but all I received was a condescending attitude from him, and I was treated as if I wasn't worth his time.

compassionate physician show details compassionate physician
May 8th, 2013

great compassion great expertize great staff

The Doctor from H E L L show details The Doctor from H E L L
Apr 2nd, 2013

He accused me of being a doctor shopper and presented a report from the drug monitoring service showing prescription purchases from out of town. Which was simply not so and I tell him I have not had ANY prescriptions filled outside the local area. He tells me to take the report, review it and note the errors and call the monitoring service and get it straightened out. Well here is where it gets very unprofessional on his part. Upon reviewing the report, I noticed the search results not only contained my RX records but another person with the same first name and same date of birth. The second party even had the address (same City) of the out of town drug stores and doctors he accused me of using. I quickly figured it out that he was looking at a report containing two peoples prescription purchases. I showed it to the pharmacist where I buy my prescriptions and they saw the other name right off the bat. And to take it further, as a courtesy to me the pharmacist verified I had never bought any prescriptions outside my local area. In fact I bought from only one drug store. I called the doctor the next day and kindly told him if he would look on page two of the report he would see the other guys name. He was arrogant, would not accept any responsibility for the oversight and hung up on me. He had told me the day of the appointment to go back to the doctor who had been treating me, then behind my back he called my prior doctor and black-balled me. I went from a year long high daily dose of pain meds to nothing overnight because of this guy. And the sad thing was I was not guilty of doctor shopping. He simply did not pay close enough attention to his report. He does all the talking and would not let me say much of anything. RUDE & ARROGANT. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! I suggest think twice before seeing this guy.

Worst ever! show details Worst ever!
Feb 23rd, 2013

Worst experience with a Dr. in my life! Rude!! Kept asking questions continually without giving a chance to respond!!! His staff is a joke!! They all like dirty skanks with tattoos all over!!' The office was dirty and I would not take my dog to his office!!!

amazing doctor show details amazing doctor
by carl on Feb 13th, 2013

amazing doctor who cares about his patients and accurate diagnsotician

Very compassionate,cares about your pain show details Very compassionate,cares about your pain
Oct 12th, 2012

Knowledgable,has extensive training,well educated.I would recommend him to friends.

great diagnostician show details great diagnostician
Sep 27th, 2012

great bedside manner and compassiongreat diagnostician

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Ungar is rude and unprofessional. He made me wait 3 days before I accidentally contacted him on the phone through a number I got off the internet. He yelled and screamed at me, called me a pill seeker, then told me to call police because my medication had been accidentally destroyed!! He said he thought I was a joke!! Never before have I been so belittled!!!

great diagnostician show details great diagnostician
Dec 1st, 2011

where others misdiagnosed me and wrote me off as a "in the head" he found out my central nervous system rare diseasegreat diagnsotician!!

COMPASSIONATE PHYSICIAN show details COMPASSIONATE PHYSICIAN
Aug 26th, 2011

came to him after misdiagnosis elsewhere, finally a compassionate doctor who actually listened to me!Now being treated appropriately for the first timethank you thank you!!

amazing diagnostician show details amazing diagnostician
Apr 13th, 2011

where others failed he made the diagnosis of my rare medical conditionamazingfinally getting the relief i sought for so many years thankyou thankyou!!!!!!!!!!

sensitive MD show details sensitive MD
Apr 11th, 2011

really cares about his patients and fights for their disability!

excellent clinician show details excellent clinician
Jan 26th, 2011

this doctor was able to diagnose my father with a rare hereditary disorder where others had failed.

compassion show details compassion
Jan 25th, 2011

a compassionate physician who understands the frustration of living with chronic illness

penny show details penny
Jan 9th, 2011

amazing physician

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS show details MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
Dec 15th, 2010

A SKILLED PHYSICIAN WHO WAS ABLE TO DIAGNOSE MY CONDITION WHERE OTHERS HAD FAILED. PRACTICES INTUITIVE MEDICINE AND GREAT CLINICL JUDGEMENT

Dr. Julian Sargon Ungar show details Dr. Julian Sargon Ungar
Oct 4th, 2010

I would trust him with my life ..He is an excellent doctor..

Deeply cares for patients show details Deeply cares for patients
Jul 22nd, 2010

Dr. Ungar deeply cares for his patients. He ordered the correct tests to accurately diagnose my grandmother when her previous GP was allowing her to emaciate. He truly takes the Hippocratic Oath seriously and does all he can for his patients - including being available by phone (even cell phone). I am most impressed with how he helped my father. Dr. Ungar worked very hard to get my father the disability benefits and Medicaid he had previously been denied. He also took a very strong position to get a highly skilled surgeon to agree to remove my dad's massive cerebral aneurysm. Dr. Ungar refused to take "No" for an answer. Years later, my dad needed to be in a nursing home because of some strokes, and Dr. Ungar is again taking the reigns to ensure that he has the most suitable care for him and the Medicaid coverage to pay for it. Dr. Ungar continues to impress me by providing unsurpassed care to my family for more than 5 years.

Mar 9th, 2010

delighted with his care accurate diagnostician compassionate and caring neurologist

Jan 10th, 2010

great physician empathetic and caringalways answers calls directlyavailable 24/7 for his patientsskilled pain interventionalist

Jay Winters show details Jay Winters
by J Winters on Nov 1st, 2009

Great diagnostician

best in diagnosis show details best in diagnosis
by dorothy warran on Feb 9th, 2009

terrific and competent in diagnosis where others have failed