Neurologist, Pain management Medicine

8315 Six Forks Rd
Ste 101
Raleigh, NC 27615
219-866-7222
Locations and availability (3)

|  amazing compassionate doc  |  show details
by john p sanders on Feb 5th, 2014

the best doctor in years who cares about me as a total person first time in years i am pain free without narcotics amazing guy

|  Never again  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2013

He is the worst neurologist I have ever encountered. Between my 2 visits, I would estimate he spent a total of 10 minutes with me. He NEVER examined me, refused to treat me without my records, but continued to want me to come in for appointments and charge me. I gave his staff everything they needed to request the records and on my second visit, I asked the status and THEY HADN'T SENT OUT THE REQUEST. Oh, and when I asked him to refill my scripts, he decided to change all the doses and remove some of the medications that I've been on since I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I refuse to schedule another appointment.

|  compassionate caring physician and staff  |  show details
by Amy on Sep 9th, 2013

a great neurologist who finally gave me a diagnosis where others had failed. at last i can get the care i need. great bedside manner would recommend him to anyone with serious neurological disease

|  Diagnosis & support with worker's comp.  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2013

A life with chronic pain is not what I had planned. Dr Ungar has helped me see that different is not bad, just different. And his goal of quality of life with as few meds as possible is vastly different than other drs who want to give me pill after pill after pill. He was a God send when no one else was helping me.

|  Mistreated patient  |  show details
by former patient on May 20th, 2013

I have to say that I have nothing positive to say about this Dr. Not only did he have a horrible bed-side manner, but also treated me like I was a joke. I was never given a formal diagnosis, and did not receive any relief, or even given a CLUE about what was wrong with me. Several appointments were made, and I arrived on time, every time remaining respectful to all the staff. Most appointments, I walked out crying because I wasn't getting ANY help that I so desperately needed. I wanted to know what the HECK was wrong with me, but all I received was a condescending attitude from him, and I was treated as if I wasn't worth his time.

|  compassionate physician  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

great compassion great expertize great staff

|  The Doctor from H E L L  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2013

He accused me of being a doctor shopper and presented a report from the drug monitoring service showing prescription purchases from out of town. Which was simply not so and I tell him I have not had ANY prescriptions filled outside the local area. He tells me to take the report, review it and note the errors and call the monitoring service and get it straightened out. Well here is where it gets very unprofessional on his part. Upon reviewing the report, I noticed the search results not only contained my RX records but another person with the same first name and same date of birth. The second party even had the address (same City) of the out of town drug stores and doctors he accused me of using. I quickly figured it out that he was looking at a report containing two peoples prescription purchases. I showed it to the pharmacist where I buy my prescriptions and they saw the other name right off the bat. And to take it further, as a courtesy to me the pharmacist verified I had never bought any prescriptions outside my local area. In fact I bought from only one drug store. I called the doctor the next day and kindly told him if he would look on page two of the report he would see the other guys name. He was arrogant, would not accept any responsibility for the oversight and hung up on me. He had told me the day of the appointment to go back to the doctor who had been treating me, then behind my back he called my prior doctor and black-balled me. I went from a year long high daily dose of pain meds to nothing overnight because of this guy. And the sad thing was I was not guilty of doctor shopping. He simply did not pay close enough attention to his report. He does all the talking and would not let me say much of anything. RUDE & ARROGANT. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! I suggest think twice before seeing this guy.

|  Worst ever!  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2013

Worst experience with a Dr. in my life! Rude!! Kept asking questions continually without giving a chance to respond!!! His staff is a joke!! They all like dirty skanks with tattoos all over!!' The office was dirty and I would not take my dog to his office!!!

|  amazing doctor  |  show details
by carl on Feb 13th, 2013

amazing doctor who cares about his patients and accurate diagnsotician

|  Very compassionate,cares about your pain  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Knowledgable,has extensive training,well educated.I would recommend him to friends.

|  great diagnostician  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2012

great bedside manner and compassiongreat diagnostician

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. Ungar is rude and unprofessional. He made me wait 3 days before I accidentally contacted him on the phone through a number I got off the internet. He yelled and screamed at me, called me a pill seeker, then told me to call police because my medication had been accidentally destroyed!! He said he thought I was a joke!! Never before have I been so belittled!!!

|  great diagnostician  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

where others misdiagnosed me and wrote me off as a "in the head" he found out my central nervous system rare diseasegreat diagnsotician!!

|  I can only conclude some personal animosity  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

I can only conclude some personal animosity towards me, as, in my case, perhaps because I was a chronic migraneur who had needed pain medication in order to function (as an attorney). We spoke of this--I provided him with all my records, including the successful treatment I had been receiving prior to having to switch neurologists. He refused to treat my chronic daily migraine pain, discontinuing all successful treatments & replacing them with no treatment, overnight--just one unsuccessful nerve block attempt (more lucrative than treating me as my records had shown); & a couple of useless neck massages, in each case a two hour drive. I provided him with peer-reviewed hard data supporting the already successful course of treatment Ifor been on before he upended my life. I told him about the last time this had happened, in another state, & how my inability to timely find a doctor willing to treat me as my prior Indiana Dr. had done had resulted in the loss of my attorney job in that state, & how, now, miraculously I'd landed a final chance with an attorney position since then, which I would lose if he would not competently continue the medical treatment required by my chronic case. He did not listen, did not treat my unrelenting pain, and he cost me that job. He cost me my wife. He cost me my family of 5--my three little boys, who now have a broken home & a broken father. Although I found competent care some time after Julian's constructive termination of our patient-physician relationship, it was too late. After costing me my second-second-chance at my expensive legal career, I now haven't been able to find similar employment since January 2008. After unemployment & divorce directly related to his failure to competently treat me, I now work retail with no benefits; I need Medicare & food stamps & child care subsidies just to survive because of the wreckage the "sensitive listener" left where I once had a life. And he knew it had happened before. He simply didn't care. And the once promising, providing father I was is gone--leaving me a severely-depressed shell. A real doctor does treat me now, but far, far too late. Back when Dr. Ungar-Sargon's medical license was suspended by the State of Indiana for a number of reasons (which explain his exile from Harvard to a small northern Indiana town), I could have understood his reluctance--back then. But he had no reason to knowingly steal my life. I can't get it back. He writes well, though; his faux-patient-centered-philosophy spiel fooled me.

|  COMPASSIONATE PHYSICIAN  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2011

came to him after misdiagnosis elsewhere, finally a compassionate doctor who actually listened to me!Now being treated appropriately for the first timethank you thank you!!

|  amazing diagnostician  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

where others failed he made the diagnosis of my rare medical conditionamazingfinally getting the relief i sought for so many years thankyou thankyou!!!!!!!!!!

|  sensitive MD  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

really cares about his patients and fights for their disability!

|  excellent clinician  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

this doctor was able to diagnose my father with a rare hereditary disorder where others had failed.

|  compassion  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

a compassionate physician who understands the frustration of living with chronic illness

|  penny  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

amazing physician

|  MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

A SKILLED PHYSICIAN WHO WAS ABLE TO DIAGNOSE MY CONDITION WHERE OTHERS HAD FAILED. PRACTICES INTUITIVE MEDICINE AND GREAT CLINICL JUDGEMENT

|  Dr. Julian Sargon Ungar  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

I would trust him with my life ..He is an excellent doctor..

|  Deeply cares for patients  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2010

Dr. Ungar deeply cares for his patients. He ordered the correct tests to accurately diagnose my grandmother when her previous GP was allowing her to emaciate. He truly takes the Hippocratic Oath seriously and does all he can for his patients - including being available by phone (even cell phone). I am most impressed with how he helped my father. Dr. Ungar worked very hard to get my father the disability benefits and Medicaid he had previously been denied. He also took a very strong position to get a highly skilled surgeon to agree to remove my dad's massive cerebral aneurysm. Dr. Ungar refused to take "No" for an answer. Years later, my dad needed to be in a nursing home because of some strokes, and Dr. Ungar is again taking the reigns to ensure that he has the most suitable care for him and the Medicaid coverage to pay for it. Dr. Ungar continues to impress me by providing unsurpassed care to my family for more than 5 years.

|  show details
Mar 9th, 2010

delighted with his care accurate diagnostician compassionate and caring neurologist

|  show details
Jan 10th, 2010

great physician empathetic and caringalways answers calls directlyavailable 24/7 for his patientsskilled pain interventionalist

|  Jay Winters  |  show details
by J Winters on Nov 1st, 2009

Great diagnostician

|  best in diagnosis  |  show details
by dorothy warran on Feb 9th, 2009

terrific and competent in diagnosis where others have failed