A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Karen Brown:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Karen Brown is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Brown
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Brown Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Karen Brown, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Brown graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk. She has 1 awards.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Karen Shields Brown MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Karen S. Brown practice?
- Dr. Karen Brown has 2 office locations.
Dr. Karen Brown practices Psychiatry near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: La Jolla, CA.
See San Diego Psychiatrists.