More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Skjei
Dr. Karen Skjei, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with another office in Louisville, KY. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Skjei is affiliated with Kosair Children's Hospital, Norton Hospital and University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Skjei has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy,...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
Dr. Karen Skjei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.
Dr. Clayton Smith Jr
Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatrics, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine
Louisville, KY 0 mi6
Dr. Egambaram Senthilvel
Sleep Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics
Louisville, KY 0 mi21
Dr. Swapna Chandran
Louisville, KY 0 mi15