Family Physicians

Hawthorne
Healthcare Partners Medcl. Grp.
5400 W Rosecrans Ave
Ste 100
Hawthorne, CA 90250
310-643-8500
Locations and availability (2)

|  show details
by Patient on Aug 20th, 2013

Dr Shieh is very thorough in her diagnosis and extremely professional and friendly. However, the staff are stiff and not patient friendly. They have no smile on their faces especially the Medical Assistants. They think they are doing us a favor esp. the Male Medical Assistant. Very recently I phoned to make an appointment and I was put on hold for 25 minutes and no one had the courtesy to take the phone and say anything to me. I cut the phone call and redialled and the same guy who answered the phone wanted to put me on hold again. I told him that I was on hold for a long time and he did not care at all. He said he was busy and could not help me out. I was so frustrated and cut the phone call. I recommend the MD but just be aware of the rude staff who needs more training to be patient friendly and greet the patient with a smile on their faces.

|  Exceptional CARE  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2012

Dr. Shieh is the most caring and concerned physican I have ever had. She is booked solid but that never stops her from getting back to me or getting my husband or myself in ASAP if we really need to be seen. She bends over backwards to provide every possible resource for her patients and is always thorough - no matter how tight they book her she always give us the time we need. She is spot on with her medical expertise, her diagnoses and her treatment. She cares about the whole person not just a diagnosis. I have never met a more caring, committed or dedicated physician. I definitley recommend her!

|  YEARLY CHECK-UP MIS-DIAGNOS  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

Two years ago, when I reported to this Dr. of a fluttering heart beat, she gave me more pills and told me to lose weight. An EKG was never done.Last check-up, an EKG was done and I now have weak heart muscles.She need to stop giving off the top of her head diasnosis.

|  I love Dr. Shieh but not the staff  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2011

I been with Dr. Shieh for many years now and I love her. She has great bedside manner and always answered all my questions. I also love the fact I never have to wait long (usually within 10 minutes of my appointment).However, the office staff has gone downhill significantly the last two years. I used to able to schedule appointments within couple of weeks, but now, it seem I have to call 2 - 3 months if I want to have an appointment. I have PPO but the office staff always want to refer me to other Health Care Partner rather than the best Dr. whenever I need referral for specialist. The front desk receptionists are also not as friendly as years before. Since I no longer work or live nearby, I thought about changing my primary Dr. several times because of the office staff. But every visit with Dr. Shieh has been so pleasant so I still make the long drive.

|  My animals are treated better!  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

Had a UTI so I called in for an appointment or medication. I was told that there were no appointments for a week and if I am in pain I should go to the hospital. This office has gone to crap! I am very disappointed with how myself and family have been treated. My mom called in because she was having chest pain and was told by the doctor that she is too busy to see her and she would make an appointment for her with the after hours office. My mother called in to find out what time her appointment was made for and the doctor never made the appointment! The staff is terrible as well! I was called by a nurse to remind me of my appointment and was unable to answer my phone. When I checked the message it was marked as an emergency. I called back and I was told they were just calling to remind me of my appointment. Seriously unnecessary! Another time I never received a reminder call. When I showed up I was told that my doctor was out of town. I asked why I notified of this? The nurse told me, oh when the doctor isn't in we don't call patients. This office need to get it together! The Doctor needs to get off her high house and be caring and helpful...stop making patients feel rushed and unimportant!