A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Katharine Carter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Katharine Carter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Katharine Carter, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Neoadjuvant Therapy
Education & Awards
Dr. Carter graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Carter has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Faulkner Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Carter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Katharine J. Carter practice?
Dr. Katharine Carter practices Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Quincy, MA and Jamaica Plain, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.