Dr. Kathryn Wood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 1st, 2015
My first visit was excellent at old location in Frisco. But when the location changed and more exam rooms and patients, it seems like patient needs and concerns were no longer necessary. Staff is snipy and can hear all conversations in office area while waiting in exam room.

April 11th, 2015
Very caring and genuine. Takes care of whole being.

August 4th, 2014
OK
I have been going to Dr. Wood's office since I moved to Texas almost 13 yrs ago. I have to agree with some other reviewers in that Dr. Wood is a little difficult to connect with. I usually alternate yearly between seeing her or her PA Misty Rodgers. I have found that the Dr. Wood you get all depends on her mood/health on that particular day. She's a good doctor and has given me good advice but at other times she seems almost disinterested.

January 30th, 2013
Bedside Manner Could Have Been Better
Wasn't personable with me... Maybe we just didn't click? I didn't feel a true since of care or empathy. Actually left feeling a little offended and stereotyped.

April 6th, 2012
RECOMMEND!!!
Dr. Wood has been my Dr. for about 10 years and I have referred friends to her that also have been pleased. She will explore homeopathic ideas as well when it comes to your care. I will continue to recommend her.

April 5th, 2012
Thorough caring doctor
Dr Wood has been my doctor for years- she is very accessible to her patients - you just have to ask- I have never had a problem seeing her - you just have to ask- She does run tests when I need them and I feel that this is only when she needs the most accurate information - I feel this is to help her treat me-

April 1st, 2012
Horrible Doctor
Took 5 months to get an appt. as I was a new patient. Ran every test under the sun and refused to call me personally to discuss. Actually took time to write a personal letter to me chastising me for refusing to have additional testing done. Testing I had already had done in my previous location, however, she refused to call me to discuss. Worst experience with a Dr. I have ever had. Pretty sure she is only interested in running tests and not about her patient.

September 13th, 2011
Horrible doctor!
Dr only spent 7 minutes with me. tried charging me 300 dollars worth of testing that she didnt tell me she was doing and that i did not ask for. She is completely impossible to get ahold of.

June 23rd, 2011
Excellent bedside manner, takes the time and listens to what you have to say, does not rush you. Even makes a first time experience a ease (my 3 daughters used her for their first exam. Will have a comfortable exam with this Doctor.

April 18th, 2011
Best OB-Gyn ever
I have been having chronic bleeding problems ever since l was 16. I have been to several doctors who had diagnosed me many different way but it was not until l was 31 and went to see Dr. Wood that my bleeding got better. She put me on Lo-Ovral of which ever since then l have had normal periods and moderate bleeding like every other woman. l'm so excited than l can now do things l never used do to and have regained my self confidence and it's all thanks to her. You're the best Dr. Wood!!!

February 11th, 2011
Dr. Wood is an excellent doctor
I have been a patient of hers for several years and I think she is extremely professional and knowledgeable. She is vey good at treating her patients with the utmost level of respect and makes very helpful recommendations for improving one's diet adn nutrition. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a gynecologist.

June 5th, 2009
I've been a patient of Dr. Wood's for a number of years. She has always made visits relaxing and informative. She has also been the first Dr. when my Daughters needed to start seeing a OB. I have nothing but praise for Dr Wood and wish all women had a Doctor like her.