Dr. Keith Callahan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Keith Callahan?

November 23rd, 2015

Why?

Always wanting to see you every 3-4months when your healthy,and constantly making you go for blood work when there's nothing wrong.

May 28th, 2015

bad ekg machine

doc is good but when I go for appointment you have to remind him why your there.

November 20th, 2014

Very thorough and caring

Dr. Callahan is a wonderful physician. He always takes time to listen to me and doesn't "blow off" my concerns or complaints. I have found his staff to be friendly and helpful. I have recommended this practice to many of my friends.

June 11th, 2014

Terrible Experience

Mr Callahan (rather not refer to him as a doctor) has been the worst doctor I've ever been to. On the first visit he had no specialists names that he could refer me to for the help that i needed as well as completely rude staff who harassed me upon arrival and leaving. I decided to leave and asked for my records as he stood by and let the staff harass me while waiting patiently. Upon arriving home i sat down to read the records he wrote on me and he put down false information. Seeing that he is affiliated with Kent Hospital it is a total embarrassment to our community. This so called Doctor is being dominated by his staff and his ignorance to his patients. His rating should be a zero with his verbal outburst and maybe he should be a janitor in Kent Hospital with no communications at all with the public.

April 2nd, 2014

Just like the great family doctors we used to have.......

I'm a 68 year old male who has been going to Dr.Callahan for the last 2 yrs. I'm moving gto Fla. in 2 weeks and wish I could take this Doctor with me. He is like the great General practicioners that we had in the "old days". He's caring, extremely knowledgeable, down to earth, and prepared at each of my appointments. He has guided me through some major operations including choosing a surgeon and participating in my follow-ups. I have recommended him to many people and they all thank me afterward.

March 12th, 2014

never calls back

I have been a patient of Dr C's for a few years now. I am thinking about switching. For most of my conditions I have to see specialists but for colds I see him. Except for Kerrie the staff is improving. I note he never calls back on the day you call with a problem- especially if he saw you that day - then you have to keep calling back to get a response. When I asked him about this he said he never got the message. This has happened three times. Another patient told me he is a 9-5 MD and likes to be at home with his family at night. He should not have become an MD. then as itis a 24hr job. I do not doubt he is a smart man, but he doe s not realize he has an obligation to respond to patient. The old PCP is gone I realize that- the one who delivered babies and called back even at 10pm but this is a bit too much. His staff- Kerrie still has not developed as a front desk person- she takes a personal call while scheduling your next appt and sending in an Rx for you. No wonder things get mixed up.

January 28th, 2014

Very rude receptionist Loud office Would not recommend to anyone

January 12th, 2014

Best Family Physician in RI

Dr. Callahan is not only a very smart Physician, but he is kind and understanding. He takes time to know his patients and when you leave you no you have received the best medical care you could have here in RI. The Dr.'s office staff is always fantastic they are just a pleasure and always a smile on their face!

January 7th, 2014

Not Pleased

Dr. Callahan was my doctor for 3-4 years. Still not sure how I feel about him, and his office. Here are a few topics I feel are factors on how I feel about his practice. Wait time - I understand waiting for a doctor. Ive had about 5 visits in my time with the Dr, and I can honestly say that I usually wait AT least 1 hour before being seen by him. It seems he generally is double or triple booked on a daily basis. Once, I waited just under 2 hours. Unacceptable. The visit itself - Dr Callahan is a nice enough guy, knowledgeable, and friendly. Ive never felt uncomfortable or uneasy talking to him about anything concerning my health. Referrals - Let me describe a situation that occurred to me a year ago. It was about 4:00pm on weekday, and I knew I had some sort of strep infection in my throat (I get them often, so am very aware of the symptoms). Knowing his office was closing soon, and that I was no where near his office, I went to a walk-in clinic. After filling out paperwork, etc, I learned my insurance required a referral to go to a walk-in clinic. I called Dr Callahans office just before closing, and asked for them to send one over. They said they could not- as it was unethical for them to do so without seeing me first, in person. I had to leave the clinic, and wait til the next day to see the doctor. Lo and behold, I had strep. The situation puzzled me, so I called my insurance company. Turns out, it is VERY common practice for a doctor to send a referral (especially in this situation) to a walk-in without seeing a patient. It is also NOT unethical to do so. My insurance company told me the doctor could refuse a referral if he thought it was not important. So that leaves me to believe.. was I not important? Why would he refuse to send a referral under the guise of it being unethical? Couldn't he just have said that he'd rather see me in person.. and left the decision up to me? Was he fishing for that co-pay (knowing I would need to go to a lab, as well as schedule a follow up appointment)? It seems HIGHLY unethical for a doctor to make me wait almost 24 hours for a simple case of strep throat. Its belittling, and makes me feel like Im not a patient, but a paycheck to him and his office. So while he, as a person, is a nice enough guy, I can't say he's a great doctor.

November 22nd, 2013

did not submit for annual! you will be charged!!

First visit was supposed to be an annual.. Covered by insurance 100%...was told to come in for results was billed for both!!!! Had to pay out of pocket $101.27 to get results read by the first visit which should have been covered 100%. Double dipping if you ask me.

September 3rd, 2013

Fantastic - So glad I found him

Dr. Callahan is the best doctor I could ask for. He seems like he is really interested in what he does. He spends time with patients and puts in a lot of effort to get a grasp of what is going on with them. I have never been to a doctor who questions every aspect of his patients' health the way he does. I even referred my husband, who is very uncomfortable with going to see doctors, but I'm sure he will feel the same way that I do about Dr. Callahan.

June 6th, 2013

I went in asking for and expecting a preventive physical. Had to have two visits and labs which was ok however I was billed for office visits both times even though I asked staff 3 three times about physical and coding properly for my insurance company. They thought I was rude to question that as the doctor had spent time with me. I thought at least the second visit would be coded as the physical. Also wants me to come back again in three months. Now I'm a healthy individual with nothing wrong. Only requetsed a physical.