Dr. Keith Raskin, MD
Hand, Wrist and Elbow Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Truly Exceptional show details Truly Exceptional
by Greg P on Sep 22nd, 2016

I hurt my wrist playing ice hockey and consulted 5 of the top hand surgeons in NYC. I selected Dr Raskin because of his attentive approach to the specific details of my injury, his experience with this particular surgery (SL tear) and his incredible balance of confidence and bedside manner - which is rare in my experience with specialists. I should mention that I tried PT before the surgery and my physical therapist recommended Dr Raskin based on the surgical results he saw in his patients. Dr Raskin took time to comprehensively explain the injury, the surgery, the recovery and the outcome I could expect. The general prognosis for my injury was not good and put at risk my ability to play ice hockey, workout and play golf. I am thrilled to report that Dr Raskin did an exceptional surgical repair and I am back to all of my athletic activities in record time, with no pain and a range of motion that exceeded the expectation of every other surgeon I consulted. Additionally, his staff (his PA, Ashley in particular) delivered amazing care and a truly exceptional patient experience. Don't think twice...Dr Raskin and his staff are the best!

Miracle MD!!! show details Miracle MD!!!
Sep 21st, 2016

Dr. Raskin saved my hand and gave me back my life. He is not just a brilliant and gifted MD, he is a kind and humane person with a great bedside manner and sense of humor. The only downside is his PA Ashley, who you do not want to catch on a bad day :(

Apr 29th, 2016

There is no other hand surgeon like Dr. Keith Raskin! He has given my son his life back. After a devastating injury causing severe neurologic damage, Dr. Raskin was able to operate and restore his function completely. Not only is Dr. Raskin a magnificent surgeon but he has a bedside manner to match. His PA, Ashley Madsen, has a heart of gold and was always there for us during this devastating time. Every call, email, question or concern, Ashley was always willing to listen and put us at ease, and not to mention she makes the best casts. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Dr. Raskin's entire office, from the front desk to his office manager, xray techs and surgical center.... i couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to take care of my child. If you have the opportunity to go to Dr. Raskin, I implore you to do so. Don't gamble on your health.

Apr 21st, 2016

Felt abandoned after poor surgical result to treat dupetryuns in hand. Left with significant permanent problems and impaired function.

PhD show details PhD
by Heike Neumeister on Feb 6th, 2016

Dr. Raskin and his team are excellent in all aspects. After wrist fracture/dislocation I instantly became a first-time appointment and next day surgery... I felt immediately taken care of very well and the surgery performed by Dr. Raskin just was with best possible outcome... fracture was complicated and bones were aligned perfectly afterwards, he is extremely skilled and experienced! Post surgery attention by him, his assistants and all his staff was amazing, professional, dedicated and personal. Recommendations for physical therapy were great, after 5 months my wrist is fully recovered, mobility back to normal and I was released and so very happy. I only can recommend!

best show details best
by ron on Oct 12th, 2015

the best

Incredible doctor and extraordinary person! show details Incredible doctor and extraordinary person!
by Emily Singer on Jul 7th, 2015

I had the most wonderful experience working with Dr. Raskin. I am completely cured which is incredible, but I am actually sad I won't be going to the office anymore because everyone there is so great. I had extreme pain in my forearm/elbow/hand for a few years (that was even getting in the way of my graduate studies as I could not type anymore). I went to two other doctors and completed several rounds of physical therapy (and was on strong anti-inflammatory meds for a long time) with no real result before I met with Dr. Raskin. It was Dr. Raskin who figured out that I had a rare condition involving an extra muscle (the other diagnoses were wrong), and one year later I am 100% better... the change from where I was to where I am now is sometimes hard to believe. Dr. Raskin is an incredible doctor and an extraordinary person. He spent so much time working with me and even knows all of the various family members who came to appointments with me. He cares for his patients so much (as does his amazing staff) and he has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. The way to truly fix my condition was surgery which I was a bit nervous about, but Dr. Raskin explained everything so well and I trusted him completely based on our other interactions. Once I made the decision to do the surgery I had a narrow window of time that would be best for me to do it in (the week after I decided!) and the office worked to fit me in then and made the best timing for me work. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and this office. Going here completely fixed a problem that severely limited my ability to function and was very painful. I thought I would be stuck with it forever, but thanks to Dr. Raskin this issue is completely in the past.

The best show details The best
by Gabe on Jun 23rd, 2015

Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I've ever known. Both his bedside manner and technical expertise are without parallel. My wife and I met him and his wonderful staff on the worst morning of our lives. Our 3 year old precious daughter had just broken two of her little fingers and all but severed one of them in a freak fall from a dining room chair. We were in a state of utter panic and despair. From the first second we walked through the door of the practice, we felt completely taken care of. Somehow Dr. Raskin turned our fright into informed optimism and calm. We were able to draw from his strength and competence and we knew from our conversation that he was going to fix everything. He did that and more. He was endlessly generous with his time, meeting with us before and after the surgery. From beginning to end the experience was flawless. Our daughter was in comfort and happy the entire time. It is now 7 months after the surgery and it's like it never happened. We feel so lucky that Dr. Raskin was our doctor. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

A miracle worker show details A miracle worker
by Liz B on Jan 28th, 2015

Absolutely recommend. Dr Raskin is amazing, best doctor I've seen for long-term hand condition. Thanks!!!!

by Marlene Schmidt on Jan 2nd, 2015

I feel very lucky to have met Dr. Raskin who came highly recommended by a friend of mine. He is an excellent surgeon who I trust completely. He is genuinely compassionate, patient, and funny. I have never had a better experience in a Dr.'s office. His staff is equally excellent. Gabrielle and Ashley are very informed and thorough and take the time to answer any questions you have. I have Dupuytrens Contracture and had not had the full use of my hand for 5 years. It was very gnarled and contracted and sometimes painful. I felt complete trust going into the surgery and I have never experienced that before. I am so thrilled with the outcome and I still can't believe it. Dr. Raskin was equally thrilled to have restored the use of my hand. He truly loves what he does. My hand is flat and smooth and flexible again. I almost can't believe it. He is brilliant. I very highly recommend him.

The absolute best. show details The absolute best.
by JP on Dec 20th, 2014

There is just so much good to say about Dr. Raskin and his entire office that I'm not even sure where to start. Let's get the obvious out of the way - This guy is one of the best, if not the best, hand surgeon in America and likely the world. Professional athletes and regular people come from all over the world to see him and it's not hard to see why. With a reputation and pedigree like that, one would expect a certain amount of uncaring snobbery or indifference towards patients, and certainly one would expect to be rushed out... Time is money! Let me tell you that I have experienced all of the above at other offices, but not a single one at Dr. Raskin's office. I find that incredible. Dr. Raskin, Gabi and Ashley take the time to listen to you, address all your questions honestly and thoroughly, and they take the following into account: "Who are you, and what are you trying to do?" Are you a professional athlete that makes millions from his pitch, swing, shot or punch? Are you an average Joe terrified of surgery? Are you somewhere in between? Naturally as perfectionists at the top of their field, Dr. Raskin and Co. want to fix everything back to it's top potential, but are willing to listen and take a more conservative approach if appropriate, rather then rush patients into surgery. That mirrors my first experience with Dr. Raskin. I came in with a broken wrist from CrossFit. I was terrified of surgery and it could have went either way. We waited to see if I would heal up okay and I did. Lightening didn't strike twice, however. A few years later I would suffer a broken hand and was trying to seek care closer to home in Texas. After a few weeks of getting conflicting options, rushed out of offices and outright BSed, I was doing no better and decided to take the trip back to NY to see Dr. Raskin. I'm so thankful that I did, as he and Gabi told me what I suspected from the X-rays: This was a bad break, it would likely very much affect my life going forward, and lastly, it just wasn't healing because the separation was so bad and the reduction was done poorly back home. I should have not let anyone else touch it, and Dr. Raskin had to operate. I was freaked out by the thought of metal in my body, but I knew I was in the best hands possible and once Gabi and Dr. Raskin explained everything to me I realized that this was going to result in my hand healing many orders of magnitude better than it ever could have left alone. Here I am almost 2 months after surgery, about to finish up physical therapy and I am just so grateful at how well everything has turned out. Dr. Raskin did a phenomenal job, takes such pride in the work he does and is very passionate about it. This especially comes through when he takes the time to compare the before and after x-rays with you. Seriously, Thank God for these guys. The amount of time that Gabi spent on the phone with me and the amount of patience it must have took to deliver bad news and answer the repetitive, paranoid questions of shell-shocked and anxious patent was staggering. They deliver a truly touching level of care. If you are close by or can make the trip, why go anywhere else and get treated like a jerk when you can go to the best there is and get treated like family?

by Josephine on Dec 18th, 2014

He is the best doctor I have ever been to. With his skill my granddaughter is able to have a normal life.

Best of the best, Made me feel like a part of his family show details Best of the best, Made me feel like a part of his family
by Stan S., New York, New York on Dec 12th, 2014

After seeing three different physical therapists and another orthopedic surgeon who all failed to diagnose and find a solution for my elbow problem, finding Dr. Raskin and his knowledgeable and personable team literally almost brought me to tears. After a year and a half of living with limited elbow range of motion and accompanying pain, I was overjoyed to hear Dr. Raskin tell me that my problem was "uncommon, but common", common that is to Dr. Raskin. He warmly and clearly explained to me how he could easily fix the problem with a procedure he himself had pioneered. He showed sincere and genuine concern for my future goals and expectations as far as use of my elbow. He was almost as excited as I was to be able to help me and restore elbow use and thus increase right away my quality of life. Previously when I had seen an orthopedic surgeon, I was told to "stop talking and just answer the questions I have for you." Dr. Raskin never was never rushed during an office visit, and you left with the feeling you had just visited a close relative. The entire staff from reception to the x-ray team to the physician's assistant were thoroughly professional, helpful, courteous and kind. I couldn't recommend anyone higher than Dr. Raskin. Now to head out and use my fixed elbow!! That's the most important thing!!

Fantastic Experience - Dr. Raskin and his Staff are great show details Fantastic Experience - Dr. Raskin and his Staff are great
by Brian W. on Dec 7th, 2014

I had ligament tears and cysts in my wrists, and this caused significant weakness in my grip and wrist. Within less than a year - I have full strength in my wrist and I feel great. Dr. Raskin and his entire staff are absolutely amazing. There wasn't a moment in the entire process from my initial consultation, my surgery, and my follow up office visits where I didn't feel 100% comfortable. They are knowledgeable, responsive, and extremely professional - I would recommend Dr. Raskin and his physician assistants to anyone who has an issue with their hand or wrist.

by Darcey L on Oct 27th, 2014

I have had 2 wrist surgeries with Dr. Raskin over a 12 year period due to fractures. I have osteoporosis. The most recent back in May when I mangled my left wrist. To be honest, I was not sure it would ever be normal again due to the severity of the break in the way it looked as well as functionality. Dr. Raskin operated and 5 months later I am back to almost normal. I expect to make a full recovery and that would never have been possible without the skill and expertise of Dr. Raskin. He not only put me back together, cosmetically you can barely see the scars. In my opinion Dr. Raskin is a great surgeon, he is warm and personable and always put me at ease. Gabi and Ashley are fantastic as well. Their level of knowledge and their compassion made my recovery a lot easier. Thank you all for what you did for me, not once, but twice. I am very grateful.

by DJ Lennon on Oct 20th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Raskin who is a skilled surgeon as well as a kind, caring doctor. He has a fabulous staff, particularly his PA's Gabrielle Lanzetta and Ashley Madsen.

by Tyler Franks on Jul 10th, 2014

From the first visit to out patient care, Dr. Raskin and his team were able to do the unthinkable on my wrist. What was a ligament repair turned infection from a previous doctor who had no inkling of what was wrong with my wrist post surgery, Dr. Raskin was able to figure out my issue and save my future career of becoming a doctor by performing a very extensive surgery under a very short timeline. Not only did Dr. Raskin recognize and correctly diagnose an issue that is rarely seen in post wrist surgeries and was missed numerous times by several other doctors, but he was able to correct the issue in my case with a 100% successful surgery. Dr. Raskin is an incredible person with 100% care and concern for his patients. This was seen on many occasions by receiving personal phone calls from him late at night to check on my well being after what I'm sure was a very long day for him in the office. He spoke for many hours with my parents at any time that they wanted and was very detailed and clear about the issues that were going on in my wrist and exactly what paths could be taken to better my health. Unlike many other doctors, Dr. Raskin did not jump immediately into surgery. The days leading up to my surgery, he took several different avenues to rule out any other factors that could be causing the infection in my wrist. A good doctor leaves no stone unturned when it comes to diagnosing their patients and that is exactly what Dr. Raskin did. With the extensive surgery that I had to have, a successful surgery usually leaves you with maybe a 50% functional wrist, give or take 10% in some cases, compared to a normal wrist. With Dr. Raskin, and his incredible surgical abilities, I am now ten months out and have an 80% functional wrist. Do I believe that I am where I am because of Dr. Raskin? Absolutely. I think that is fair to say seeing how three previous doctors had no idea of why I was having such horrible pain after a simple ligament repair, yet with my first visit with Dr. Raskin he was very sure in his diagnosis of what was going on. Needless to say, he was spot on with his diagnosis. I am one of the lucky people in this world who was able to find this doctor, for without him and his care, I don't know where I would be. Thank you again Dr. Raskin, I am forever grateful for your care.

by Naomi Allen on Apr 14th, 2014

When I first met Dr. Raskin, I was in extreme pain, from lack of cartilage in my wrists. I had been told that my only recourse would be total fusion of my wrists, which I found terrifying. Dr. Raskin assured me that there was another way, that I would be pain free and have wrist mobility. Which is exactly what he did for me. He is literally a miracle worker, who approaches his surgery as an artist, precise in every detail. His infectious enthusiasm and tremendous compassion for his patients is unparalleled. He surrounds himself with a wonderful staff, and I have to say that I cannot thank him, and them, enough, My only caveat is make sure you have a good health insurance policy. You pay what you get for, and Dr. Raskin is the best. But make sure you have the coverage first.

A Conservative Approach... show details A Conservative Approach...
by Jon P on Mar 20th, 2014

I had pain in my elbow for several years and just kept putting off doing anything for the longest time. After a good hard look I recognized that I had to do something. I was referred to Dr Raskin, When I first met with him we discussed my symptoms and the pain I was feeling. He recommended that we first try an injection; if that worked great, if not we would explore other options. As luck would have it we needed to explore other options; surgery! Surgery went extemely well. Recovery and followup visits were about as easy as they could have been. Dr Raskin's team was just wonderful.

Life saving experience show details Life saving experience
by Benjamin G on Mar 19th, 2014

My recent experience with Dr. Raskin was, literally, life saving... Over a recent weekend I developed a serious infection in my thumb. When i called Monday morning Dr, Raskin saw me right away. . He treated the infection in the office but realized that the infection had spread and arranged to have me immediately admitted to NYU/Langone for IV anti-biotics. Had it not been for his attentiveness and accurate diagnosis I might not be writing this review. Dr. Raskin is a highly respected hand surgeon. Several years ago he operated on my hand, injured in an automobile accident, with an excellent result. His follow up is great and he had me come back on both occasions several times to make sure everything was OK. Appointment times are promptly met. His staff, especially his nurse-practitioners, are outstanding, caring and genuinely concerned. Finally, he is a pleasure to deal with, a truly "nice guy", reassuring and not pretentious as some doctors can be. Anyone with any problems involving their hand can do no better than to make an appointment to see Dr. Raskin.

by McAuliffe, Teresa on Mar 5th, 2014

I tore my tendon and ligament on my elbow on the outside area and fell and broke the bones on the inside of my arm (near the funny bone). My arm was destroyed. After many doctor visits turning me away due to the complicated nature my injuries, Dr. Raskin took the challenge and was amazing. I am 42 years old and what may have been a disability in my life is now working amazing. He is super friendly and truly enjoyed helping me! Thank you again Dr. Raskin! You changed my life! I have no more pain! You are the best!!!

Like New! show details Like New!
by Brooke E on Mar 3rd, 2014

I broke my hand when I was out of the country and was misdiagnosed. They told me it was a good break and that all I needed was a cast for 4-6 weeks. Thank God, I went to see Dr. Raskin as soon as I got home because my break was complicated and needed immediate surgery followed by a cast and then splint along with physical therapy. That was 6 months ago, and now I can't even remember which hand I broke because it is as good as new. I had a lovely experience at Dr. Raskin's practice through a difficult time. Not only is Dr. Raskin an amazing surgeon, but he also is very sweet. And the people in his office are very nice as well, especially his assistants Gaby and Ashley. Thanks Dr. Raskin!

by Joyce Buffolino on Feb 27th, 2014

If you have any hand issues, Dr. Raskin is who you should see. He and his staff, from Ashley and Gabby (PAs) to the receiption desk, everyone is friendly and helpful. They always have time to answer questions or any concerns. Dr. Raskin performed carpal tunnel repair on my sister and myself , 10 years apart and both results were great. The same day of my surgery, after the nerve block resolved, I no longer had numbness in my fingers. And not having to wear a splint at night is wonderful. It is 7 weeks since my surgery, I have no pain, no numbness, and the strenght is back in my hand, I highly reco

attorney show details attorney
by dimon, edward j on Dec 20th, 2013

the experience was spectacular. i had the procedure on wednesday morning. i visited MOMA in the afternoon. i had the bandage removed on thursday. i played tennis on friday.

Leaving Las Vegas show details Leaving Las Vegas
Dec 15th, 2013

I had the privilege of shaking Dr. Raskin's hand this past week. When I met Dr. Raskin a little over 2 months ago I did not have that privilege but then again I couldn't shake anyone's hand. About four months ago I was in the back of a taxi on the way to the airport in Las Vegas. The taxi was in a head on collision and my hand went through the credit card machine. X-rays were taken at the hospital in Las Vegas as well as by a local doctor on Long Island. Nothing seemed broken but I still was in pain. My local doctor said it should heal on its own and usually this takes 4 to 6 weeks. I finally took an MRI that revealed torn tendons. My doctor wanted to do surgery. At that point it was 2 months after the accident. I decided to go for a second opinion. Upon recommendation from a friend I went to see Dr. Raskin with a copy of my MRI. My tendons on my index finger were severed and he wanted to do surgery right away as more then 2 months had passed since my accident and between scar tissue and the tendons we could not waste any more time. I felt very confident that this was the way to go. Now 9 weeks after surgery I am able to shake my doctor's hand and thank him. Dr. Raskin and his PA's Gaby and Ashley are really great and they really care.

Dr. Raskin is the best show details Dr. Raskin is the best
by Sahar on Nov 14th, 2013

This is my first time ever writing a review about anything . I had an arm pain for more than a year, severe pain that was moving from my shoulder to my elbow accompanied with numbness of my left hand. Went to an orthopedic doctor, did a neck MRI, I was advised to go for physiotherapy for months, the pain was getting worse, waking me up. Non of the treatments including acupuncture worked. It was all a temporary fix simply because the pain returned couple of hours after. Upon an advice from a doctor in London , whom I saw there because of my severe pain, finally , I went to Dr.Raskin. Had a nerve release surgery in my hand. Two days after the the surgery, the pain stopped totally. I was surprised in the morning that the pain did not wake me up, it just stopped. Dr. Raskin is professional who knows his job very well. You can't not love him along with his team , particularly , for their respect, understanding and of course , many years of experience. I trust him fully as I knew what was going on. I am suggesting him to all my friends with any kind of discomfort in their hands because of typing , telling them not to waist any time, and to go to Dr. Raskin immediately. May god bless him.

Excellent results show details Excellent results
Sep 9th, 2013

Dr. Raskin performed delicate, complicated surgery fixing complications from a badly broken wrist and first surgery by another doctor. He has healed my wrist and is a wonderful, caring and personable physician. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing wrist surgery.

The Best of the Best show details The Best of the Best
by Nancy Giamanco on Jul 18th, 2013

At sixty one I fell and broke my wrist in multiple places on the first day of my vacation. Traveling back to New York staring at my hand it was evident that this was going to require a very skilled doctor. Not knowing where to turn I was fortunate enough to have the presence of mind to rely on New York Best Doctors list, researched, and selected Dr. Raskin. My experience from the moment I called the front desk for an appointment to my first meeting with Dr. Raskin and his PA Gabby was complete perfection. I cannot speak highly enough about the warmth and professional medical care I received from the moment I met them. Dr. Raskin treats you as if your injury is his most important case and never rushes you when answering your questions or concerns . How rare is that? As far as I'm concerned his personal warmth, thoroughness, and skill as a surgeon is unparalleled. Dr. Raskin often commented how my break was one of his more challenging cases but he skillfuly put Humpty Dumpty back together again with no visible scars and a wrist that feels as good as my uninjured one. I might have been unlucky gettting injured on my first day of vacation but I will always remember how very lucky I was to choose Dr. Raskin as my surgeon. I couldn't imagine a better doctor being out there.

THE BEST! show details THE BEST!
Apr 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Raskin's for 8 years. I have never met a more wonderful doctor/human being. When we first met him, my dad said "whatever you have, you should bottle it and sell it." You will never meet a more competent, dedicated, and compassionate surgeon. He truly has become family. When other doctors told me that nothing could be done for my wrist, Dr. Raskin was able to fix it. His only concern is helping his patients. If you have an appointment with another hand doctor, cancel it.

Ironman Triathlete show details Ironman Triathlete
Mar 20th, 2013

Dr. Raskin and his entire team are the best. He re-broke, reset and pinned the head of my pinky metacarpal and I was back on the bike and in the pool in a few weeks. He was amazing in his diagnosis, prediction and results. Other doctors were hesitant to do the surgery but Dr. Raskin was confident that he could repair the damage done 3 weeks prior to the diagnosis. His followup care and the professionalism of his office, including but not limited to Gaby, were amazing. For me, he and his office have set the bar very high for any other doctor to compete with. The results speak for themselves: I completed 2 Ironman races 7-8 months after surgery! Thank you Dr. Raskin!

The best hand surgeon there is show details The best hand surgeon there is
Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Raskin is second to none in injuries related to the hand. Unfortunately, I needed my thumb repaired after tearing a few ligaments after suffering a hairline fracture of the wrist. At that time I did not know Dr Raskin as he was a referral from Joint Diseases I-Care, which I visited the day I fell over 15 years ago. Dr. Raskin handled the situation with great expertise and I was back to my regular activities in a relatively short amount of time. On a second occasion, this past July, I suffered multiple fractures of the wrist and I immediately turned to Dr. Raskin to take care of me. He remembered me and with a great sense of humor and compassion took care of me. I remember coming to the office in great pain and Yvette, at the front desk made sure to get me the first available appointment for the surgery that followed. I also remember when I was told I needed surgery, both Gabrielle Lanzetta and Ashley Madsen were wonderfully attentive to my needs and handled me with gentleness to make me as comfortable as they could when the pain was so acute. They both reassured me that I would come out of this fine despite my age. When I saw Dr. Raskin that afternoon, I knew I was in good hands. The day of the surgery, when I was really frightened as anyone would be undergoing such sensitive surgery, I knew I can trust Dr. Raskin to take care of me, and he did! Today, almost 9 months later, I am fully active and actually have been active since October, just 4 months after the surgery. I cannot praise Dr. Raskin and his staff for all that they did for me in a time of need when you feel the most vulnerable and helpless after an accident.

My Hands are My Career show details My Hands are My Career
by Dr. Nancy Grey on Mar 6th, 2013

Dr. Raskin is a caring and highly skilled doctor with the bedside manner of an old school family doctor who makes house calls. I am a chiropractic physician and rely on my hands to do my work. It was critical for me to have a surgeon who would understand my problem, and be able to act quickly to resolve the issue. The surgery was successful and the down time was minimal. Should another issue arise I would not hesitate to seek out Dr. Raskin's assistance in the future. I highly recommend Dr. Raskin.

outstanding results from an amazing team show details outstanding results from an amazing team
by r wolff on Mar 3rd, 2013

Dr Raskin did a great job on my wrist, and i would recommend him highly. He repaired my torn S-L and TFCC ligaments, and 3 months post surgery, i have regained 95% of my mobility and 100% of my strength. I experience zero residual pain. i was told he is the best in his field, so why go to anyone but the best? he is professional, personable, and most importantly, an excellent surgeon. the staff at dr raskin's office is also amazing. Ahsley and Gabby, the physician assistants are two of the most professional, intelligent, compasionate, and attentive people i have ever met. Dr Raskin's knowledge of wrist ailments, and the personal touch he and his team provided throughout my treatment was unsurpassed. they took the time to answer all my questions pre op (and i had a lot, as i was pretty nervous), and they all took a personal interest in my case, and in my progress since surgery. An outstanding team who was able to provide superb results.

Great results, lots of experience but not a factory show details Great results, lots of experience but not a factory
by Henry on Feb 19th, 2013

I had surgery on my hand last year, and I went to several surgeons before choosing Dr. Raskin. First of all, my injury was rare so I wanted a doctor with plenty of experience, who knew was they were doing. Dr. Raskin was recommended by health care professionals that I knew, and he did not disappoint. I talked to others who were fascinated by the prospect of working on my hand - but I had no interest in satisfying someone's curiosity. My surgery was fairly complicated, yet he and Gabrielle Lanzetta were patient and explained not only the surgery, but also the recovery process. The goal was a process to return my hand to complete functionality, not only a clean surgery. Also a note, there are other surgeons who have experience, but their offices seemed more like a factory. Dr. Raskin and his staff will take the time to talk and listen and involve you in the process. I would recommend anyone to this doctor. My only regret that I couldn't get pictures of inside my hand during surgery - but I'm sure there are many legal reason why that couldn't happen. Anyway, I am fully functional and extremely happy with the results!

Excellent in all Respects show details Excellent in all Respects
by Barbara Feinstein on Jan 18th, 2013

I HAD BEEN IN PAIN FOR A YEAR. .DR. RASKIN IMMEDIATELY SCHEDULED SURGERY AND I FET 100 PER CENT BETTER WITHIN ONE MONTH.

Probably the only surgeon (of many) that has never made me feel rushed show details Probably the only surgeon (of many) that has never made me feel rushed
Nov 19th, 2012

Just a fantastic guy as well as a fantastic surgeon. Dr Raskin takes all the time in the world to explain everything to you, and make sure you are comfortable with it. Being from Australia originally and working in the Middle East, I scoured the entire world trying to find the best hand surgeon in the world. And I might be a little biased here, but I think I found him with Doctor Raskin.

Aug 20th, 2012

I cant be grateful enough to Dr.K.Raskin and his wonderful assistant Gaby for all thecare during and after surgery .They are very knowledgeable and compassionate when I needed them most. I live in Canada and Dr.Raskin and Gaby continue to follow up with my Doctor. I would highly recommend Dr.Raskin and his team.

Jun 18th, 2012

My favorite doctor. Wouldn't trust my hands to anyone else.

Incredible Surgeon... Amazing Bed Side Manner show details Incredible Surgeon... Amazing Bed Side Manner
Jun 18th, 2012

I had an AVM in my right hand. As a Graphic Designer and artist, it was quite scary being told by many doctors I may lose my function. After five unsuccessful embolizations by some of the best neurosurgeons in NYC, Dr. Raskin not only restored my hand function completely, but completely made my once excruciating pain completely go away 100%. From my first visit to my last, Dr. Raskin and his incredible staff showed true compassion and top of the line knowledge and skill for Dr. Raskin's area of expertise. Best doctor I have ever seen to date!!!!!

Highest Recommendation show details Highest Recommendation
Jun 10th, 2012

Dr. Raskin is an outstanding physician. I was referred to him when my wrist was severely fractured in a horseback-riding accident. He did a superb job surgically repairing my wrist, and within months I was as good as new. He has a compassionate demeanor, and he explained my condition and the relevant procedures with patience and enthusiasm. Moreover, his staff was highly attentive and professional. I give him the highest possible recommendation.

A broken toy show details A broken toy
Jun 7th, 2012

He is an EXCELLENT- EXCELLENT Doctor and surgeon, no better on the planet. Fixed my right wrist better then it ever was.

100% healed because of superb surgery and care show details 100% healed because of superb surgery and care
May 29th, 2012

Dr. Raskin is amazing. I had serverly smashed/broken my wrist and today, 7 months later, I have healed 100%. I had a horrible fall and I received the absolute best care. He and Ashley Madsen, RPA-C were available to me 24/7. I could not be more aprreciative/grateful that Dr. Raskin was my surgeon.

Murph show details Murph
May 19th, 2012

I can only say that without Dr Raskin.... I would have lost everything.After 2 surgeries from 2 different doctors I was told my right elbow and arm would be useless. Dr Raskin took the time to help me. And after 2 surgeries I had almost full use and control of my elbow and arm . 16 years later and I'm still moving around, no problem. I ended up breaking my left forearm a year later and went straight to Dr Raskin, guess what. He fixed it too. A 12" plate and 10 screws later, good as new. Without him, I could not work my job in construction. God Bless You Doc..... Truely Love ya..... Thank you so much

I have the highest respect and regard for Dr. Raskin show details I have the highest respect and regard for Dr. Raskin
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr. Raskin lives up to his extraordinary reputation. He is caring, professional and very talented. The office has the best support personel of any office I have ever had to deal with. I was supported through the surgery and after and always knew there was a professional immediately available to answer my questions or see me if necessary. My scars are so beautiful, you cannot see either of them!!!! Thank you Dr. Raskin.

great surgeon show details great surgeon
Feb 15th, 2012

I just had my second surgery with Dr. Raskin and my results are amazing. My first surgery, 7 years ago, went so well that I went back to Dr. Raskin when I needed another surgery this past year. I had tennis elbow and was in a lot of pain. By the time I made it to Dr. Raskin, I had basically stopped using my dominant arm. When my tests revealed a torn ligament, I was operated on within a couple of weeks. Now 12 weeks post-surgery, I am stronger than ever. I am back to my intense yoga training and my arm is 110% better. Dr. Raskin is an amazing surgeon with a great bedside manner and his staff is very helpful and nice. I would recommend anyone to him if you want the best results you could possible get. He has definately proven, once again, that he is deserving of "Best Doctor" Metro NY.

Feb 6th, 2012

I came to Dr Raskin after a previous surgery had left me with minimal movement and that surgeon basically told me I should learn to live with it. Dr Raskin examined the hand and told me he was quite sure I could get good use of the hand back. His confidence and reassurance led me to do a second surgery. Well, here I am, just 3 months later and I have almost full use of the hand and I am still improving. The entire experience has been so positive. The pa's are magnificent- always available to answer questions and lend guidance I have had all too many surgeries in my life but this experience has been absolutely superlative. I cannot recommend Dr Raskin more highly

Found him just in time! show details Found him just in time!
Feb 3rd, 2012

My local Dr told me to take a "wait and see" approach to my rapid onset Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both hands. I had experienced a post viral inflammatory arthritis in the Spring, and believed the sudden (overnight)numbness and pain was connected. The Dr told me it would eventually "go away". Thankfully, I found Dr Raskin! He saw immediately that my CTS was severe and needed surgery. He wanted to do the first procedure the next AM. He is professional, caring and most importantly, competent. I have 99% use of both my hands now. I could not dress, eat or do any normal daily activities prior to surgery. The surgical center is very professional and pleasant. Gabby and Ashley (PAs) are wonderful, very knowledgeable, patient and helpful. I definitely recommend Dr. Raskin.

Jan 26th, 2012

the best (unfortunately) doctor experience I've ever had. Raskin is not only a fantastic surgeon, but the love he has for his profession is clearly evident. He has the best bedside manner I've experienced. He takes his time; he's always positive; he explains everything.On top of that the PAs he has working with him are exceptional and share his enthusiasm and client focus. Couldn't recommend him more.

"Super-Awesome-Tastic" (according to my 11-yr old who is his patient) show details "Super-Awesome-Tastic" (according to my 11-yr old who is his patient)
Jan 14th, 2012

I will be forever grateful to Dr Raskin for turning an awful experience into such a positive one. My son had a horrific fracture of the two bones in his arm and the best thing that could have happened to us is finding our way to this wonderful surgeon who is also a wonderful and warm, caring man. Our office visits are full of laughs and smiles all the while, with his wonderful expertise and skills as a surgeon, lots of healing. My son feels so comfortable with Dr Raskin and Gaby and Ashley and was not nervous at all before his two surgeries because they took the time to build a relationship with him and earn his trust. They treat him with the utmost respect and make him feel so special at each and every visit and have spoken to him on the phone when he had concerns. They are the absolute BEST, so professional, so capable, so very outstanding!!! We love them and look forward to every single office visit. Outstanding medical professionals and outstanding human beings!!!

WELL WORTH THE WAIT show details WELL WORTH THE WAIT
Dec 26th, 2011

Yes, the wait time is long but that is because he takes the time needed for each and every patient as needed. Dr. Raskin did surgery on my hand, my sons wrist, my nephews wrist, my cousins arm and every single one of us is perfect and... in record time!! I broke my had in 2 places and it splintered in 12 places and not only can I still play the piano, 3 years later I can't even find the scar. This Dr. is a rare treasure who is NOT in it just for the money. He cares about his patients, love what he does and it shows. So you have to wait. Bring a book and don't schedule back to back appointments. Like I said, It's worth the wait for he is truly the BEST!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic doctor show details Fantastic doctor
Nov 29th, 2011

I can't say enough about how wonderful Dr. Raskin is. He spends alot of time with you and is very reassuring that he can solve your problem. After a year suffering from a botched job by another surgeon, he was able to fix my wrist and make me feel like a new person. I actually looked forward to seeing him. He is one of the best doctors I have ever gone to. I highly recommend him.

If your looking for the "BEST SURGEON" show details If your looking for the "BEST SURGEON"
Nov 14th, 2011

Dr Raskin's office gets an A . They made my decision to have my surgery with Dr. Raskin so easy. Dr Raskin makes the time for each patient. He is a caring man with a heart of gold. He loves what he does & is an excellent surgeon.I have had two surgeries with Dr.Raskin. He is the kindest,sweetest, Doctor I have ever met. His staff are professional & warm. His two PA's Gabrielle & Ashley are incredible. My follow ups with both of them were professional & thorough. Dr. Raskin has picked a professional staff from the receptionist,right to his billing Dept. His X-ray tech is a doll. Dr. Raskin goes the extra mile for each and every one of his patients. He cares on a level most people can't even fathom. If your looking for the "BEST" look no further. Dr. Raskin has my vote. When you meet him, he'll have yours as well.

Oct 14th, 2011

Dr. Raskin was recommended to me by a fellow hand surgeon who said Dr. Raskin had 'the best hands' he had ever seen. My 63 year old wrist was badly broken. It is now as good as new. I am back to all my prior activities (including playing ice hockey) In addition to being an excellent surgeon, he takes his time to listen and answer questions. His staff of Physician Assistants are top notch (knowledgeable,responsive sympathetic and encouraging)

Sep 19th, 2011

Has reputation for keeping you waiting- but once you meet him, you understand- he takes time to answer questions and explain what is the issue with you hand or arm. When you leave you have a clear understanding of the issues and realize it was well worth the wait- he treats everyone the same- you wait, and then your get the time with him

HANDS DOWN (pardon the pun) TOP SURGEON show details HANDS DOWN (pardon the pun) TOP SURGEON
Sep 14th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Raskin many, many years ago and as I referred him to a friend, decided to leave this review for a wonderful, literally life-saving (I am a musician who almost lost my hand once) and highly skilled doctor. I also found out he was the very same surgeon that saved another friend's hand after a taxi accident which almost destroyed her career. He sat with me and spoke at length about our hobbies and interests right before my surgery. I am convinced that he was called to do what he is so skilled at and am thankful he was the doctor that patched me up.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Aug 25th, 2011

My experience was great. The staff was very helpful and educated. Once I met the Doctor I knew why he came so highly recommended. He took his time to listen and diagnose me accurately. I had surgery and now my wrist is Brand new!!!!!!!

Dr. Raskin Threw the Handcuffs Away! show details Dr. Raskin Threw the Handcuffs Away!
Mar 7th, 2011

Misdiagnosed for well over a year, two doctors upstate were way off base. Dr. Raskin LISTENED and within minutes diagnosed the problem. "Of course it hurts; every time you move your wrist the tendon is gliding over jagged bone." -- As if hot paraffin dips would fix that upstate...NOT! Surgery was performed and OT begun. With daily exercise my thumb has become a working digit again. WOW! A second surgery was performed for the other side of my wrist when it didn't continue to improve. It's a miracle. I am doing things I have not done for over 2 years. Dr. Raskin is top notch and right on. My scars look good, and healing has been nothing short of WOW! Everyday I do something new and it helps me feel more independent. Dr. Raskin threw the handcuffs away. I am a new woman. Watch out, piano, here I come!

Put me back in the Game! show details Put me back in the Game!
by Bryan Roberts on Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. Raskin did 2 of my surgeries, on my wrist and the top of my wrist. Both incurred through baseball injuries. He worked with myself and my parents on a budget plan that we could handle along with our insurance so I get the care & needed surgery. He is very understanding, personable, very hands on physician which helped put me at ease with my extensive and minor surgeries that I had done. My scars are feeling and looking great and I could not be any happier. His staff projected the same amount of care and hospitality as Keith did. I am happy with the connection that I made with the office and Keith. It was a great experience for me

Dr. K Raskin: Best hand surgeon ever. show details Dr. K Raskin: Best hand surgeon ever.
by Santo Scavuzzo on Dec 9th, 2010

Let me start by saying I am a post op patient of Dr. Keith Raskin. I suffered horrible pain from carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis in both hands. The pain would wake me from a dead sleep in the middle of the night, and made everyday aspects of life ompletely unbearable. Dr. Raskin is a patient, compassionate, knowledgeable person who is confident in his skills as a stellar hand surgeon. I came to him with a problem that completely affected my life and after his magic hands performed surgery I feel like a new man. His staff is professional and as caring as him. I was treated like a VIP from the time I walked in the door to present day. There are only great things and restored lives coming out of his office. I would recommend Dr. K. Raskin to anyone who cannot tolerate living with pain. I came into the office with my hat in my hands and left with a friend for life. Life is too short to live with hand pain. I wish all doctors could be as great as he is. A

Nov 30th, 2010

Dr. Raskin is absolutely the best. he is a brilliant surgeon, and he is the nicest, most caring doctor i have ever had. He should write the book on how all doctors should be to their patients. He is wonderful. His staff are all kind, sweet, helpful indivuals who want to make your experience as pleasant as possible. if anyone needs a hand, wrist, arm doctor, he is THE BEST!!!

You'd be in "GOOD HANDS" with Dr. Raskin show details You'd be in "GOOD HANDS" with Dr. Raskin
Nov 5th, 2010

I have had 4 successful hand surgeries in the past 2 years and I highly recommend Dr. Raskin. Besides his expertise, many accolades, and professional accomplishments, he has personal qualities that shine and make him such as compassion and the old fashioned "bedside manner"that makes the experience almost pleasurable. The office staff have all been very helpful and polite. All in all Dr. Raskin and his competant staff are rare gems!

Oct 18th, 2010

Very knowledgeable, very attentive, listens to your concerns. He did an amazing job reconstructing a totally broken finger.

THE BEST! show details THE BEST!
by Dario Sacramone on Oct 18th, 2010

I have had multiple hand surgery procedures by Dr. Raskin over the last 10 years and have absolute confidence in him and his staff. Not only is he a brilliant surgeon but also a warm and caring human being. He is one of a kind and anyone who goes to him will be rewarded by his great expertise in his chosen field of orthopedics.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Oct 12th, 2010

Dr Raskin treated me for a radial nerve injury which caused Saturday night palsy whereby my wrist, fingers and thumb could not extend. The operation needed was a tendon transfer in my wrist which thankfully fixed the problem. Besides being a terrific surgeon, Dr Raskin has charismatic personality, a great sense of humor and bedside manner second to none. He greets his patients as old friends from the first visit. I was particularly impressed when he phoned me the night before the operation to assure me everything would be fine. Dr Raskin is one of the tops Doctors in the city and has the awards and magazine articles to prove it. His office staff is very courteous, helpful and professional, especially his office manager Teresa and Physician Assistants, Heather and Gabriel. I am very thankful I was referred to him.

The BEST surgeon ever!!!! show details The BEST surgeon ever!!!!
by Lori Bauer on Jun 14th, 2010

I am a 28 year old female who was struggling with my career as a Graphic Designer and Illustrator because of an AVM (large vascular tumor) in my dominant hand. After four previous surgeries from top rated doctors in NYC, I was reluctant to give Dr. Raskin a chance at saving my hand. I am so glad I met with him... with his knowledge and extraordinary bedside manner, which is not a usual combination to find in a surgeon of his calliber, I went through with surgery. Dr. Raskin saved my hand! I am no longer in pain, only nine weeks after surgery. He restored all loss of function! I never write reviews, but Dr. Raskin and his staff are absolutely incredible. I am now at the beginning of a new life without pain after 12 years of failed attempts by NYCs top over rated doctors. If your hands are as important to you as they are to me... this is definitely the man to see!!!

he is the best show details he is the best
Oct 27th, 2009

I have never come across another physician who shows as much concern for his patients than Dr. Raskin. He is always polite, energetic, and appears to love what he does. His bedside manner and sense of humor make healing a lot easier. He successfully completed a procedure on me that others said could not be done, all the while giving me full decisive authority over my own health. He was never pushy but let me know what my realistic options were. Dr. Raskin is great with kids. If he is late, it is only because he is showing other patients the same respect he will show you. What more could you expect from a world renowned orthopedic surgeon? Even the NY Mets trust him.

Oct 20th, 2009

Feel he is a good doctor. He takes on too much tho and his office should refer patients to other qualified doctors rather than the long waits that they are subjected to.