Dr. Keith Raskin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017
He is the One
last feb,. my then 14 year-old boy started to have pain in his right wrist, with no obvious injury, and with rest, pain med, he did not get any better but worse. after second mri in july, he was diagnosed with kienbock's disease and was put in cast. we were graciously recommended by our dr. to look for a more experienced surgeon for this condition. so from then and there, my family started a very long, hard and draining journey for a trustworthy surgeon to operate on my son for this rare but serious condition, esp. in a teenager. we covered pretty much all the renowned pediatric orthopedic facility on the east coast, including boston children's hospital, children's hospital of philadelphia, hss in nyc, and met with top pediatric orthopedics. unfortunately, each dr. had his own understanding of the condition and no two came up with the same surgery plan and none sounded even close to being assuring for his own plan. at one point we were told to go back and wait till the condition got worse enough for the very aggressive surgery at the next level. meanwhile my son, a very athletic kid and a competitive baseball player, was wearing the case from elbow down ( from the diagnosis in july till surgery in dec). frustration, exhaustion, desperation, helplessness, financial burden, missing school....all that doesnot even begin to describe what we went through.... untill in nov., right before thanksgiving, i was sitting in front of my computer, having exhausted all resources and feeling desperate, not knowing where to go next, when i got a phone call from dr. raskin's office that changed everything!! in no time, i found myself sitting with my son and dr. raskin in his office, settling down on his least aggressive, most assuring and convincing surgery plan with best postoperative prospect. dr. raskin, is god-sent!! he is very kind, patient, personable, understanding, warm. his office feels like a living room at a friend's house, very relaxing and welcoming. his assistant and staffs are very patient and attentive. above all this, dr. raskin is proved to be and stays as an experienced, top-notch surgeon in his field. in april this year, four months after the surgery, my son was cleared for sports and nowadays, he is pitching and in-fielding for baseball and dunking on basketball court. my family cant never thank dr. raskin enough!!

July 9th, 2017
An incredible orthopedic surgeon
After he was recommended to me by two different doctors, I had my first surgery with Dr. Raskin several years ago to treat trigger fingers on my left hand. The surgery went perfectly, and my recovery was quick and complete. Then, when my many years of martial arts and intense physical activities had clearly taken their toll, I returned to Dr. Raskin with severe basal thumb arthritis in both hands. Three years ago I had the left thumb done. One year ago I had the right thumb done - with trigger-finger surgery, as well. Treating such severe basal thumb arthritis requires joint-reconstruction surgery, an extremely complex and intricate surgery. Each time, Dr. Raskin did phenomenal work, including repairing surrounding tissues in the wrist that had been damaged by the arthritic joint. Following my physical therapy regimens, I was determined to regain all of my joint strength and functioning – which I did. And this would not have been possible without the technical precision and artistry of Dr. Raskin. I’ve returned to my full weight-training routines, including those for my wrists. And as an avid photographer, musician, and someone who enjoys a variety of crafts, I feel that Dr. Raskin essentially gave my life back to me. He loves his work, and he loves his patients, seeing each as a full human being. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention his incredible PA, Ashely Madsen. Combining tremendous knowledge, empathy, and positivity, she’s always there, every step of the way. Day or night, if you have any concerns, she returns e-mails and calls, explaining everything fully and ensuring any necessary steps are taken. I cannot recommend Dr. Raskin and his team highly enough.

April 4th, 2017
ONE OF THE BEST IN NEW YORK
passionate love of the surgery that he performs with a wonderful attention to his patients

November 16th, 2016
Dr. Raskin is a gifted surgeon who successfully performed complicated surgery on my wrist. He has a very warm bedside manner, is patient, and explains the necessary procedures very well. His PA, Ashley Madsen, responds to all questions by phone or email before and after the surgery and is extremely competent, caring and helpful. They make a great team. I highly recommend Dr. Raskin. He is the best!

October 26th, 2016
Great Team!!
Dr. Raskin and his PA, Ashley Madsen, are AMAZING. Excellent team, from his office to his surgery center. Dr. Raskin's skill is unmatched and Ashley's ability to explain and always be available for my questions is a rare thing to find in a surgeon's office. I recommend Dr. Raskin with all of my heart.

September 22nd, 2016
Truly Exceptional
I hurt my wrist playing ice hockey and consulted 5 of the top hand surgeons in NYC. I selected Dr Raskin because of his attentive approach to the specific details of my injury, his experience with this particular surgery (SL tear) and his incredible balance of confidence and bedside manner - which is rare in my experience with specialists. I should mention that I tried PT before the surgery and my physical therapist recommended Dr Raskin based on the surgical results he saw in his patients. Dr Raskin took time to comprehensively explain the injury, the surgery, the recovery and the outcome I could expect. The general prognosis for my injury was not good and put at risk my ability to play ice hockey, workout and play golf. I am thrilled to report that Dr Raskin did an exceptional surgical repair and I am back to all of my athletic activities in record time, with no pain and a range of motion that exceeded the expectation of every other surgeon I consulted. Additionally, his staff (his PA, Ashley in particular) delivered amazing care and a truly exceptional patient experience. Don't think twice...Dr Raskin and his staff are the best!

September 21st, 2016
Miracle MD!!!
Dr. Raskin saved my hand and gave me back my life. He is not just a brilliant and gifted MD, he is a kind and humane person with a great bedside manner and sense of humor. The only downside is his PA Ashley, who you do not want to catch on a bad day :(

April 30th, 2016
There is no other hand surgeon like Dr. Keith Raskin! He has given my son his life back. After a devastating injury causing severe neurologic damage, Dr. Raskin was able to operate and restore his function completely. Not only is Dr. Raskin a magnificent surgeon but he has a bedside manner to match. His PA, Ashley Madsen, has a heart of gold and was always there for us during this devastating time. Every call, email, question or concern, Ashley was always willing to listen and put us at ease, and not to mention she makes the best casts. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Dr. Raskin's entire office, from the front desk to his office manager, xray techs and surgical center.... i couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to take care of my child. If you have the opportunity to go to Dr. Raskin, I implore you to do so. Don't gamble on your health.

February 6th, 2016
PhD
Dr. Raskin and his team are excellent in all aspects. After wrist fracture/dislocation I instantly became a first-time appointment and next day surgery... I felt immediately taken care of very well and the surgery performed by Dr. Raskin just was with best possible outcome... fracture was complicated and bones were aligned perfectly afterwards, he is extremely skilled and experienced! Post surgery attention by him, his assistants and all his staff was amazing, professional, dedicated and personal. Recommendations for physical therapy were great, after 5 months my wrist is fully recovered, mobility back to normal and I was released and so very happy. I only can recommend!

October 13th, 2015
best
the best

July 8th, 2015
Incredible doctor and extraordinary person!
I had the most wonderful experience working with Dr. Raskin. I am completely cured which is incredible, but I am actually sad I won't be going to the office anymore because everyone there is so great. I had extreme pain in my forearm/elbow/hand for a few years (that was even getting in the way of my graduate studies as I could not type anymore). I went to two other doctors and completed several rounds of physical therapy (and was on strong anti-inflammatory meds for a long time) with no real result before I met with Dr. Raskin. It was Dr. Raskin who figured out that I had a rare condition involving an extra muscle (the other diagnoses were wrong), and one year later I am 100% better... the change from where I was to where I am now is sometimes hard to believe. Dr. Raskin is an incredible doctor and an extraordinary person. He spent so much time working with me and even knows all of the various family members who came to appointments with me. He cares for his patients so much (as does his amazing staff) and he has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. The way to truly fix my condition was surgery which I was a bit nervous about, but Dr. Raskin explained everything so well and I trusted him completely based on our other interactions. Once I made the decision to do the surgery I had a narrow window of time that would be best for me to do it in (the week after I decided!) and the office worked to fit me in then and made the best timing for me work. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and this office. Going here completely fixed a problem that severely limited my ability to function and was very painful. I thought I would be stuck with it forever, but thanks to Dr. Raskin this issue is completely in the past.

June 23rd, 2015
The best
Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I've ever known. Both his bedside manner and technical expertise are without parallel. My wife and I met him and his wonderful staff on the worst morning of our lives. Our 3 year old precious daughter had just broken two of her little fingers and all but severed one of them in a freak fall from a dining room chair. We were in a state of utter panic and despair. From the first second we walked through the door of the practice, we felt completely taken care of. Somehow Dr. Raskin turned our fright into informed optimism and calm. We were able to draw from his strength and competence and we knew from our conversation that he was going to fix everything. He did that and more. He was endlessly generous with his time, meeting with us before and after the surgery. From beginning to end the experience was flawless. Our daughter was in comfort and happy the entire time. It is now 7 months after the surgery and it's like it never happened. We feel so lucky that Dr. Raskin was our doctor. Thank you, thank you, thank you.