Dr. Keith Raskin MD Patient Reviews

4.8
  • 68 reviews

November 15th, 2016
Dr. Raskin is a gifted surgeon who successfully performed complicated surgery on my wrist. He has a very warm bedside manner, is patient, and explains the necessary procedures very well. His PA, Ashley Madsen, responds to all questions by phone or email before and after the surgery and is extremely competent, caring and helpful. They make a great team. I highly recommend Dr. Raskin. He is the best!

October 25th, 2016
Great Team!!
Dr. Raskin and his PA, Ashley Madsen, are AMAZING. Excellent team, from his office to his surgery center. Dr. Raskin's skill is unmatched and Ashley's ability to explain and always be available for my questions is a rare thing to find in a surgeon's office. I recommend Dr. Raskin with all of my heart.

September 22nd, 2016
Truly Exceptional
I hurt my wrist playing ice hockey and consulted 5 of the top hand surgeons in NYC. I selected Dr Raskin because of his attentive approach to the specific details of my injury, his experience with this particular surgery (SL tear) and his incredible balance of confidence and bedside manner - which is rare in my experience with specialists. I should mention that I tried PT before the surgery and my physical therapist recommended Dr Raskin based on the surgical results he saw in his patients. Dr Raskin took time to comprehensively explain the injury, the surgery, the recovery and the outcome I could expect. The general prognosis for my injury was not good and put at risk my ability to play ice hockey, workout and play golf. I am thrilled to report that Dr Raskin did an exceptional surgical repair and I am back to all of my athletic activities in record time, with no pain and a range of motion that exceeded the expectation of every other surgeon I consulted. Additionally, his staff (his PA, Ashley in particular) delivered amazing care and a truly exceptional patient experience. Don't think twice...Dr Raskin and his staff are the best!

September 21st, 2016
Miracle MD!!!
Dr. Raskin saved my hand and gave me back my life. He is not just a brilliant and gifted MD, he is a kind and humane person with a great bedside manner and sense of humor. The only downside is his PA Ashley, who you do not want to catch on a bad day :(

April 29th, 2016
There is no other hand surgeon like Dr. Keith Raskin! He has given my son his life back. After a devastating injury causing severe neurologic damage, Dr. Raskin was able to operate and restore his function completely. Not only is Dr. Raskin a magnificent surgeon but he has a bedside manner to match. His PA, Ashley Madsen, has a heart of gold and was always there for us during this devastating time. Every call, email, question or concern, Ashley was always willing to listen and put us at ease, and not to mention she makes the best casts. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Dr. Raskin's entire office, from the front desk to his office manager, xray techs and surgical center.... i couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to take care of my child. If you have the opportunity to go to Dr. Raskin, I implore you to do so. Don't gamble on your health.

February 6th, 2016
PhD
Dr. Raskin and his team are excellent in all aspects. After wrist fracture/dislocation I instantly became a first-time appointment and next day surgery... I felt immediately taken care of very well and the surgery performed by Dr. Raskin just was with best possible outcome... fracture was complicated and bones were aligned perfectly afterwards, he is extremely skilled and experienced! Post surgery attention by him, his assistants and all his staff was amazing, professional, dedicated and personal. Recommendations for physical therapy were great, after 5 months my wrist is fully recovered, mobility back to normal and I was released and so very happy. I only can recommend!

October 12th, 2015
best
the best

July 7th, 2015
Incredible doctor and extraordinary person!
I had the most wonderful experience working with Dr. Raskin. I am completely cured which is incredible, but I am actually sad I won't be going to the office anymore because everyone there is so great. I had extreme pain in my forearm/elbow/hand for a few years (that was even getting in the way of my graduate studies as I could not type anymore). I went to two other doctors and completed several rounds of physical therapy (and was on strong anti-inflammatory meds for a long time) with no real result before I met with Dr. Raskin. It was Dr. Raskin who figured out that I had a rare condition involving an extra muscle (the other diagnoses were wrong), and one year later I am 100% better... the change from where I was to where I am now is sometimes hard to believe. Dr. Raskin is an incredible doctor and an extraordinary person. He spent so much time working with me and even knows all of the various family members who came to appointments with me. He cares for his patients so much (as does his amazing staff) and he has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. The way to truly fix my condition was surgery which I was a bit nervous about, but Dr. Raskin explained everything so well and I trusted him completely based on our other interactions. Once I made the decision to do the surgery I had a narrow window of time that would be best for me to do it in (the week after I decided!) and the office worked to fit me in then and made the best timing for me work. I can't say enough good things about this doctor and this office. Going here completely fixed a problem that severely limited my ability to function and was very painful. I thought I would be stuck with it forever, but thanks to Dr. Raskin this issue is completely in the past.

June 23rd, 2015
The best
Dr. Raskin is the best doctor I've ever known. Both his bedside manner and technical expertise are without parallel. My wife and I met him and his wonderful staff on the worst morning of our lives. Our 3 year old precious daughter had just broken two of her little fingers and all but severed one of them in a freak fall from a dining room chair. We were in a state of utter panic and despair. From the first second we walked through the door of the practice, we felt completely taken care of. Somehow Dr. Raskin turned our fright into informed optimism and calm. We were able to draw from his strength and competence and we knew from our conversation that he was going to fix everything. He did that and more. He was endlessly generous with his time, meeting with us before and after the surgery. From beginning to end the experience was flawless. Our daughter was in comfort and happy the entire time. It is now 7 months after the surgery and it's like it never happened. We feel so lucky that Dr. Raskin was our doctor. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

January 28th, 2015
A miracle worker
Absolutely recommend. Dr Raskin is amazing, best doctor I've seen for long-term hand condition. Thanks!!!!

January 2nd, 2015
I feel very lucky to have met Dr. Raskin who came highly recommended by a friend of mine. He is an excellent surgeon who I trust completely. He is genuinely compassionate, patient, and funny. I have never had a better experience in a Dr.'s office. His staff is equally excellent. Gabrielle and Ashley are very informed and thorough and take the time to answer any questions you have. I have Dupuytrens Contracture and had not had the full use of my hand for 5 years. It was very gnarled and contracted and sometimes painful. I felt complete trust going into the surgery and I have never experienced that before. I am so thrilled with the outcome and I still can't believe it. Dr. Raskin was equally thrilled to have restored the use of my hand. He truly loves what he does. My hand is flat and smooth and flexible again. I almost can't believe it. He is brilliant. I very highly recommend him.

December 20th, 2014
The absolute best.
There is just so much good to say about Dr. Raskin and his entire office that I'm not even sure where to start. Let's get the obvious out of the way - This guy is one of the best, if not the best, hand surgeon in America and likely the world. Professional athletes and regular people come from all over the world to see him and it's not hard to see why. With a reputation and pedigree like that, one would expect a certain amount of uncaring snobbery or indifference towards patients, and certainly one would expect to be rushed out... Time is money! Let me tell you that I have experienced all of the above at other offices, but not a single one at Dr. Raskin's office. I find that incredible. Dr. Raskin, Gabi and Ashley take the time to listen to you, address all your questions honestly and thoroughly, and they take the following into account: "Who are you, and what are you trying to do?" Are you a professional athlete that makes millions from his pitch, swing, shot or punch? Are you an average Joe terrified of surgery? Are you somewhere in between? Naturally as perfectionists at the top of their field, Dr. Raskin and Co. want to fix everything back to it's top potential, but are willing to listen and take a more conservative approach if appropriate, rather then rush patients into surgery. That mirrors my first experience with Dr. Raskin. I came in with a broken wrist from CrossFit. I was terrified of surgery and it could have went either way. We waited to see if I would heal up okay and I did. Lightening didn't strike twice, however. A few years later I would suffer a broken hand and was trying to seek care closer to home in Texas. After a few weeks of getting conflicting options, rushed out of offices and outright BSed, I was doing no better and decided to take the trip back to NY to see Dr. Raskin. I'm so thankful that I did, as he and Gabi told me what I suspected from the X-rays: This was a bad break, it would likely very much affect my life going forward, and lastly, it just wasn't healing because the separation was so bad and the reduction was done poorly back home. I should have not let anyone else touch it, and Dr. Raskin had to operate. I was freaked out by the thought of metal in my body, but I knew I was in the best hands possible and once Gabi and Dr. Raskin explained everything to me I realized that this was going to result in my hand healing many orders of magnitude better than it ever could have left alone. Here I am almost 2 months after surgery, about to finish up physical therapy and I am just so grateful at how well everything has turned out. Dr. Raskin did a phenomenal job, takes such pride in the work he does and is very passionate about it. This especially comes through when he takes the time to compare the before and after x-rays with you. Seriously, Thank God for these guys. The amount of time that Gabi spent on the phone with me and the amount of patience it must have took to deliver bad news and answer the repetitive, paranoid questions of shell-shocked and anxious patent was staggering. They deliver a truly touching level of care. If you are close by or can make the trip, why go anywhere else and get treated like a jerk when you can go to the best there is and get treated like family?