Great Surgeon!! show details Great Surgeon!!
by Melissa S. on Feb 11th, 2016

It doesn't get better then Dr Owsley. He is so great that sometimes I do have to wait. He always gives me his personal attention. He fixed my shoulder and replaced both of my knees. I'm very happy! My therapists all told me they think he is the best too. Great result and very nice guy.

Best surgeon around!! show details Best surgeon around!!
by Martha on Feb 3rd, 2016

Such a great experience. he diagnosed and repaired my shoulder with amazing results. he is so wonderful!! Love this guy.

Jan 5th, 2016

After seeing 3 people who waited and had to leave. That should speak volumes on the care of the customers who are diabetics cancer survivors especially on days when it was bad weather conditions. Dont think I would want to come back for a follow up either. Can i do a yelp and google review too..

Treats patients with an indifference bordering on contempt show details Treats patients with an indifference bordering on contempt
Dec 4th, 2015

Dr. Owsley is a competent provider, but his lack of concern for patients' needs beyond the scalpel is obvious from the first. Routinely makes patients wait for 90-plus minutes only to show impatience toward them if his office visit exceeds 10 minutes. The time he spent immediately pre-op could be numbered in seconds, and those had to be coaxed out of him. When I raised a concern about medication allergies, he turned away with a smirk and proceeded to write me a prescription for a medication I'd specifically stated I had severe adverse affects from. I left the experience feeling very much dehumanized.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Cindy Kliebenstein on Oct 9th, 2015

This was my first visit to his office. I recommend this office and Dr highly. Dr was very informative and will return for any future treatment if needed.

Musician , Woodworker show details Musician , Woodworker
by William Sharplin on Mar 10th, 2013

This highly skilled diagnostician and sugeon has wonderful chairside manner and shows his compassion. Always grounded and positive. I paid out of pocket, having no insurance, and Dr. Owsley worked with me, providing great pre, operative and post-op care. In vetting my caregiver, I was impressed with his back ground and accolades. Upon meeting him, he was personable, efficient, and most important accurate and skilled. He was also very reasonable. To say I'm happy with the outcome is an understatement. Thank you very much.

Meniscectomy success show details Meniscectomy success
Oct 23rd, 2012

I had my first ortroscopic menisectomy and was pretty scared because I am very active and didn't know what to expect. Dr. Owsley did an amazing job and I'm back to full use playing tennis, hiking, yoga, pilates, working out at the gym, etc., just 3-1/2 months post-surgery. He also removed my plica, which some people say it takes even longer to recover from that, but I've got no pain, no locking. Only a teeny bit of swelling left which I notice when I'm trying to sit on my heels in yoga. That's it. Just wanted everyone to know that this is your doctor, especially for active people wanting to get right back to activity. And I'm 41 too...quick recovery. Oh, and he's easy on the eyes and very sweet but professional to boot.

Best Ortho doc in Poway show details Best Ortho doc in Poway
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Owsley has repaired my rotator cuff; set a broken ankle and eased my hip pain. I highly recommend this physician for both is diagnostic abilities but his surgical abilities as well.

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Owsley is one of the most caring, compassionate physicians I have ever known. He performed knee surgery on my son and my son is doing remarkably well. He's an excellent surgeon but also takes the time to answer all your questions and explain everything to his patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Owsley to anyone!

Exceptional Surgeon. show details Exceptional Surgeon.
Jun 8th, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Owsley. You will not be disappointed. He fixed my shoulder better than new.

May 14th, 2012

Dr. Owsley is not only an excellent doctor, but he cares as well. He has treated my whole family and has done a superb job at every appointment.

Refreshing personality, great surgeon show details Refreshing personality, great surgeon
Nov 14th, 2011

I have suffered with shoulder pain for years. I have been brushed off by two other surgeons. Referred to Dr. Owsley by a friend who also found him humble and honest. He listened to me unlike the other surgeons. He worked quickly to diagnose the problem and surgery was a breeze. My shoulder is nearly pain free and I feel ten years younger. Amazing.

WOW. This guy is great! show details WOW. This guy is great!
Oct 7th, 2011

An amazing surgeon in addition to a great guy. I had three prior knee ACL reconstructions by other surgeons. Dr. O explained the problem, took me to a quick surgery and now my knee feels brand new. I play competative football and have never felt so good. I owe it to this great surgeon. Thank you Dr.Owsley!!

Aug 24th, 2011

Very caring and listens to your problem. Gives his honest opinion and options without pushing you into a surgery.

Dr. Owsley- I owe my normal life to this guy show details Dr. Owsley- I owe my normal life to this guy
Oct 17th, 2010

I have had knee problems. Some were old, some were new, all kept coming back. AFter several surgeries, i knew i was going to be getting another, as it would twist and give out after making the slightest misstep or walking on uneven ground. LIke twist around, i scream and look who's on the floor kinda give out on me.Dr. Owsley was not super delicate, and he wanted to know if i was willing to work hard to make it heal right. He asked if I wanted to just fix it for now, or if i wanted to take the time and really get my knee stronger than it was before the injuries started. I chose to fix it for real, with work. This guy helped me (not just by performing the surgery on ACL, MCL, miniscus - all torn) but also kept tabs on my rehab and made himself an approver of my routine. He was right. This guy runs triathlons, Iron Mans even, and he knows how important it is to feel healthy and strong. He made it possible for me to get back to that feeling, when 3 other doctors did ok jobs, they didn't do anything wrong, but Dr. Owsley made sure I was going to be ready to do whatever i wanted to do. And he then told me how to do it, enabled me to do it, and then said it was up to me to get it done. I did, and honestly, for the first time in 12 years, my knee is stronger than the other knee, which has never suffered a major injury.Thanks Dr. O!