Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Radiologist
6750 N MacArthur Blvd
Ste 304
Irving, TX 75039
972-247-8757
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

• Currently 2.8275862068966 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Barbara Jeffries, NP Review  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2014

I went to this office only once before moving out of the state. I saw Barbara Jeffries, NP and loved her! She was informative and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend her! I went during the work day and there was hardly any wait time.

|  Will be looking elsewhere...  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2013

I agree with the previous comments, this place should be a billing office not an OBGYN place where women are treated like a number and not people. Where concerns are not answered but rather "You are on your own" or "If you have concerns then go to the hospital" with no follow up call to check if everything is well. Had to wait until my actual appointment four days after my first call to make sure everything was well because my only other option was to go to the Hospital and have them run a whole bunch of tests I probably wouldn't have needed. No line of communication with Dr. Carmichael whatsoever only with her "gatekeeper". And when I brought it up with Dr. Carmichael during my appointment her attitude was almost the same as the rest. Very dissapointing!

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Carmichael and her staff was excellent. She delivered both of my babies. She is professional, knowledgable, caring and has amazing bed side manner. Her PA is great as well. I have never had a bad experience with either her or her staff. Would highly recommend Dr. Carmichael.

|  Just The Facts.  |  show details
by C. Johnson on May 13th, 2013

Absolute worse experience. As stated with the other reviews, you will never get the opportunity to see Dr. Charmichael. In 2 years I saw her twice. I needed prompt attention and care after cancer surgery and she not once personally appeared to examine me or address my questions or concerns. Unprofessional and uncaring to say the least. Went to a scheduled appointment and was told that she was not there and they were not able to schedule me another appointment. Absolutely unprofessional. This office is set up as a billing station and not a patient care facility. Staff is rude and extremely unprofessional, bringing their personal issues into the workplace with attitudes and abrasive behaviour. I would not recommend Dr. Carmichael's practice to anyone looking for a physician who actually cares about her patients. Would give 0 stars if possible.

|  Pleasant Experience!  |  show details
May 10th, 2013

My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Carmichael for a Colposcopy/Biopsy and I actually had a very pleasant experience. Dr. Carmichael was very friendly and knowledgeable, and she made me feel comfortable. She also always asked me if I had any questions and explained everything well. I would highly recommend this doctor!

|  Extent of Services Lacking  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2013

I am new to the area and was in search of a OB-GYN Specialist. My primary concern for my yearly pap smear since I haven't had one done in two years. I was informed that Dr. Carmichael does not perform pap smears. I was told that pap smears are performed by technician. My previous GYN physician personally performed my pap smears for the last 20 years. Totally disappointed in the extent of the services this physician is willing to perform for her clients.

|  Horrible first experience with ob/gyn  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

Never will return to this doctor. Did not take my problem seriously, did not take my concerns seriously, did not test for what runs in my family and likely is the cause for my problem. The nurse was less than friendly and the doctor seemed disinterested in my problem and called it a fluke when she did not examine the possibilities I was concerned about. Awful experience and I am still in pain and struggling. Have to go somewhere else. :/

|  no to this dr  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

very rude at the last moments when you needed your dr the most. people should check the rate of the csection. even you many not need it, she may prefer csection. finally, she would do all the procedures that may not be necessary to generate maximum billing. i have been through this. my suggestion is not only this doctor, if possible avoid the Las Colinas hospital. they did not care whether it is covered by insurance or not and did not inform ahead. i had to pay some of the things all by myself. i am not going back there anymore. i rather go to the baylor or UTSouthwestern.

|  Staff is great Dr. Carmichael not good at all unprofessional 11 week still no sign of her  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

I love the staff very helpful and polite. I even showed up almost an hour late due to morning sickness and Dr. Carmichael Physician Assistant still worked me in her schedule and took her time. My only problem is that I'm 11 weeks almost 12weeks and have yet to meet or see Dr.Carmichael. I have been in the office a total of 5 times already. I did see of bad review, but still I think one should test the water for them self. I am a high risk patient with (hyperemesis gravidarum) which I wish upon nobody. Have been on, home health and IV fluids for over a month. I am also have a pump for serve nausea last but not least on bed rest the last 2 weeks... all of this and yet to meet the Doctor. I feel its very unprofessional and rude that you the Dr. can not take time to meet with someone receiving this kind of attention. Better yet it rude to not allow you patient to meet you first or at least by the 2 visit 3 by the latest. Pretty sad when the problem it's self is the Doctor. I will be leaving this office next week and going to a Doctor in Frisco that deliver my daughter 3 years ago. Not to mention I live in Irving less then 5 mins from Dr. Carmichael. But I want to know my Doctor and my Doctor to know me. Guess my thinking I would find a closer caring doctor was too much to ask for.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

I am going to look for a new OB/GYN. I have had two babies while going to this office, and Dr. Carmichael still does not know who I am. I also had a recent experience where an IUD was incorrectly placed. Dr. Carmichael did not say anything about it after the procedure, expect "Everything looks good". When I went for my 2 week follow up, the sono showed the IUD was stuck in my cervix. As usual, I didn't even get to see Dr. Carmichael, I saw the nurse practitioner. The NP said that she discussed the sono with Dr. Carmichael and apparently the IUD was "stubborn" and it took a second time to place it. Dr. Carmichael "thought" she had placed the IUD high enough into the uterus and apparently she did not. The thing that upset me most about this process is that Dr. Carmichael did not mention anything about the procedure not going smoothly. And after an abnormal sono, I wasn't even offered a chance to talk to the doctor.

|  Caring, and knowledgable doctor  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

she is very knowledgable doctor. inmy postpartum depression she really helps me a lot.

|  Only saw me twice...where's the doc is right  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

She saw me twice maybe 3 times in the five years I went to her. Even when I needed a biopsy done she had her NP do it, and it hurt. That was the last time I ever went to her office. I promptly found another doctor, one who did the biopsy himself, and it didn't hurt at all. He said he could actually see where that last biopsy was taken. I have no doubt that she is a good doctor, but her time spent with patients seriously needs help. I will happily be staying with my new doc at the Margot Perot facility where they know how to treat you like more than a paycheck.

|  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Carmichael is an exceptional doctor that truely cares for her patients. She is very understanding and keeps her discussions with you at a level that is easily understandable.

|  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Carmichael to all my friends. She was so caring and took the time to listen to my needs. I think she has great bedside manners.

|  A great medical practice  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2011

I have seen both Barbara Jeffries, the WHNP, and Kristen Carmichael. My experiences with both have been stellar. The nurses I dealt with were equally wonderful. Barbara Jeffries nurse drew blood from me and it was the least painful, least bruise blood draw I have every had. From my first visit I was made to feel as though my health mattered. When Barbara Jeffries found a problem that was beyond her expertise, I saw Dr. Carmichael who performed a D&C and pollypectomy on me. The procedure went well and during both my pre- and post-operative visit Dr. Carmichael took her time with both me and my husband to explain results and options. I could not be more pleased with their practice.

|  Where's the Doc  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2010

I've been to Dr. Carmichael's office twice now and have yet to meet her. I've seen the PA for my annual exam and when I found out I was pregnant. My preg test came back negative in the office and the PA acted as if I never had a positive test and treated me rudely. She was very condesending. After running my blood work it was discovered I would miscarry. I recieved no sympathy or "bedside manner" and will be finding a new Dr. promptly.

|  Great OB/GYN  |  show details
by Heather M on Jul 18th, 2010

Dr. Carmichael is awesome; her front desk staff could use some work. But I have not had a problem with Dr. Carmichael or her PA or NP staff. She is attentive, patient and will answer any and all questions. I have no complaints aside from her front desk staff who can be rude and act as if your presence is a bother. But all in all, Dr. Carmichael is great.

|  Best Doc  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2009

I had a baby girl last year in 2008 and she did an amazing job. She was so caring, polite and very understanding. I would recommned her and go again with her.