inactive

Kristen R Carmichael MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 4th, 2015
REALLY BAD DOCTOR
She is a horrible Doctor. She caused the death of my baby girl. She didn't want to deliver her so she could go on her Thanksgiving break. She knew I was at risk and she didn't do anything. I ended up having a uterine rupture and I lost the baby because of her. DO NOT GO TO HER!SHE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HER PATIENTS AT ALL!

April 28th, 2014
Staff is very rude
Her staff is very very rude and dr. Carmichael is very passive.

March 31st, 2014
Barbara Jeffries, NP Review
I went to this office only once before moving out of the state. I saw Barbara Jeffries, NP and loved her! She was informative and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend her! I went during the work day and there was hardly any wait time.

December 17th, 2013
Will be looking elsewhere...
I agree with the previous comments, this place should be a billing office not an OBGYN place where women are treated like a number and not people. Where concerns are not answered but rather "You are on your own" or "If you have concerns then go to the hospital" with no follow up call to check if everything is well. Had to wait until my actual appointment four days after my first call to make sure everything was well because my only other option was to go to the Hospital and have them run a whole bunch of tests I probably wouldn't have needed. No line of communication with Dr. Carmichael whatsoever only with her "gatekeeper". And when I brought it up with Dr. Carmichael during my appointment her attitude was almost the same as the rest. Very dissapointing!

June 19th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
My experience with Dr. Carmichael and her staff was excellent. She delivered both of my babies. She is professional, knowledgable, caring and has amazing bed side manner. Her PA is great as well. I have never had a bad experience with either her or her staff. Would highly recommend Dr. Carmichael.

May 13th, 2013
Just The Facts.
Absolute worse experience. As stated with the other reviews, you will never get the opportunity to see Dr. Charmichael. In 2 years I saw her twice. I needed prompt attention and care after cancer surgery and she not once personally appeared to examine me or address my questions or concerns. Unprofessional and uncaring to say the least. Went to a scheduled appointment and was told that she was not there and they were not able to schedule me another appointment. Absolutely unprofessional. This office is set up as a billing station and not a patient care facility. Staff is rude and extremely unprofessional, bringing their personal issues into the workplace with attitudes and abrasive behaviour. I would not recommend Dr. Carmichael's practice to anyone looking for a physician who actually cares about her patients. Would give 0 stars if possible.

May 10th, 2013
Pleasant Experience!
My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Carmichael for a Colposcopy/Biopsy and I actually had a very pleasant experience. Dr. Carmichael was very friendly and knowledgeable, and she made me feel comfortable. She also always asked me if I had any questions and explained everything well. I would highly recommend this doctor!

April 12th, 2013
Extent of Services Lacking
I am new to the area and was in search of a OB-GYN Specialist. My primary concern for my yearly pap smear since I haven't had one done in two years. I was informed that Dr. Carmichael does not perform pap smears. I was told that pap smears are performed by technician. My previous GYN physician personally performed my pap smears for the last 20 years. Totally disappointed in the extent of the services this physician is willing to perform for her clients.

January 30th, 2013
Horrible first experience with ob/gyn
Never will return to this doctor. Did not take my problem seriously, did not take my concerns seriously, did not test for what runs in my family and likely is the cause for my problem. The nurse was less than friendly and the doctor seemed disinterested in my problem and called it a fluke when she did not examine the possibilities I was concerned about. Awful experience and I am still in pain and struggling. Have to go somewhere else. :/

October 17th, 2012
Staff is great Dr. Carmichael not good at all unprofessional 11 week still no sign of her
I love the staff very helpful and polite. I even showed up almost an hour late due to morning sickness and Dr. Carmichael Physician Assistant still worked me in her schedule and took her time. My only problem is that I'm 11 weeks almost 12weeks and have yet to meet or see Dr.Carmichael. I have been in the office a total of 5 times already. I did see of bad review, but still I think one should test the water for them self. I am a high risk patient with (hyperemesis gravidarum) which I wish upon nobody. Have been on, home health and IV fluids for over a month. I am also have a pump for serve nausea last but not least on bed rest the last 2 weeks... all of this and yet to meet the Doctor. I feel its very unprofessional and rude that you the Dr. can not take time to meet with someone receiving this kind of attention. Better yet it rude to not allow you patient to meet you first or at least by the 2 visit 3 by the latest. Pretty sad when the problem it's self is the Doctor. I will be leaving this office next week and going to a Doctor in Frisco that deliver my daughter 3 years ago. Not to mention I live in Irving less then 5 mins from Dr. Carmichael. But I want to know my Doctor and my Doctor to know me. Guess my thinking I would find a closer caring doctor was too much to ask for.

October 3rd, 2012
Disappointed
I am going to look for a new OB/GYN. I have had two babies while going to this office, and Dr. Carmichael still does not know who I am. I also had a recent experience where an IUD was incorrectly placed. Dr. Carmichael did not say anything about it after the procedure, expect "Everything looks good". When I went for my 2 week follow up, the sono showed the IUD was stuck in my cervix. As usual, I didn't even get to see Dr. Carmichael, I saw the nurse practitioner. The NP said that she discussed the sono with Dr. Carmichael and apparently the IUD was "stubborn" and it took a second time to place it. Dr. Carmichael "thought" she had placed the IUD high enough into the uterus and apparently she did not. The thing that upset me most about this process is that Dr. Carmichael did not mention anything about the procedure not going smoothly. And after an abnormal sono, I wasn't even offered a chance to talk to the doctor.

August 27th, 2012
Caring, and knowledgable doctor
she is very knowledgable doctor. inmy postpartum depression she really helps me a lot.