Internist, Emergency Physician, General Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 20th, 2015

How does a doctor be in the office one day and then the next day be gone? Never to be heard from again. You took a note to serve patients and then you just up and left like we were nothing. I didn't go to their practice to see the other doctors I went to see you and you just up and left so I'd be weary of Dr. Carpenetti she's not very loyal to her patients. The decent professional thing would have been to inform your patients that you were leaving and help them find a new doctor whether it was in your brightness or elsewhere. That's looking out for your patience 101.

Terrific Experience at her office at Comprehensive Internal Medicine in Alpharetta show details Terrific Experience at her office at Comprehensive Internal Medicine in Alpharetta
by Chris A on Jan 20th, 2015

Dr. Carpenetti has been terrific as my new PCP. I have many issues that needed a quarterback to make certain I have the best care and a plan of action. With diabetes, High BP, a blood disorder, and severe osteo-arthritis in my hips, I have been placed on better meds to correct my type 2, a referral to the best Ortho surgeon in the area, and a plan of action to get my health in check. I am very pleased with her, and feel any less positive reviews were more due to the practice than the DR. This new practice for her has virtually no waiting, walk in bloodwork, and great communication on follow up care. Highly recommend Dr. C!

EXCELLENT show details EXCELLENT
Feb 24th, 2014

I AM ELDERLY AND THIS DOCTOR IS THE BEST. I'VE BEEN GOING TO HER SINCE THE TIME SHE STARTED PRACTICING IN THE MARIETTA AREA. SHE WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME. OVER THE YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE STAFF NOT DOING A GOOD JOB WITH CALLING WITH TES RESULTS OR CALLING IN REFILLS IN A TIMELY MANNER. AFTER INFORMING DR CARPENETTI, THE SITUATION WAS EITHER CORRECTED OR THEY DISAPPEARED. SHE IS CARING, LISTENS, AND EXPLAINS ANYTHING YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. IT IS SUSPECT TO ME THAT THERE IS SO MUCH TIME BETWEEN REVIEWS.

Very happy show details Very happy
by Keith J. on Feb 4th, 2014

I dislike going to see doctors. That said, Dr. Carpenetti always makes me feel comfortable, never makes me feel she is in a rush to get to the next patient and always makes me feel like she cares. Unlike some physicians, she doesn't act as if she knows everything there is to know about medicine. I always feel as if she wants to find a solution rather than make infallible pronouncements.

Oct 8th, 2013

Awful! Run the other way! Dr. Laurae M. Carpenetti, MD Hated it! Patient for years! There is no sense in using this office as a primary care office as they absolutely DO NOT care. Quick version: doctor visit, no antibiotic as deemed "not necessary", ok. Fast forward to a fall and a concussion and an ER trip with a CT scan. Scan shows sinus infection. (headaches from both infection and concussion). Call the doctor, fax over the CT report (as instructed by ER) doctor says no antibiotics without coming in YET AGAIN! Seriously? Not asking for narcotics, asking for MEDICALLY NECESSARY WITH CT FOR PROOF for antibiotics to be called in! Which by the way should have been given at the first visit! When I told them our family was leaving the office and posting bad reviews everywhere, Vicky's response was "OK."

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Sep 26th, 2012

I've never had a problem at this office. I'm a once a year patient but recently have had a few symptoms show up and I've been shocked with how my case has been handled. First I overheard the doctor speaking to the nurse outside my door about my case frustrated with me not knowing I had followed up like she had suggested. Then my labs take weeks to even be read by the doctor and then it takes even more time to get someone to call with those results. I don't know if the patient load increased and she just doesn't have time or she just doesn't care but I'll be leaving and will NOT recommend this practice to anyone.

Aug 18th, 2011

please do not take your elderly relative to this doctor. wait time if 2-3 hours or more and you will not get anyone to return your calls & good luck getting precription refills in a reasonable length of time.

Caring and thorough show details Caring and thorough
by Katie P. on Jun 13th, 2010

Dr. Carpenetti is willing to spend the time necessary to listen to a patient's symptoms and concerns, and thoroughly explain treatment options. She is patient and understanding. I feel very comfortable with the level of care I receive from her.

very unprofessional!!!! show details very unprofessional!!!!
Feb 5th, 2009

Worst Experience EVER!!!!! I had a bad feeling about this doctor after my follow up visit with her. I found her nurse to be very personable but i didnt handle much with her to really judge. I had blood tests taken at my original visit and did not get ANY results under my pre-set 2 week follow up appointment only to get the results back and see they were signed for by Dr Carpenetti 2 days after I was in her office for the blood work. I was given my results and prescribed medication which has only made me feel worse 2 weeks later and when I came back to the office ask questions to further understand the "why" behind her diagnosis was treated VERY poorly by Dr Carpenetti and was told "since you do not agree with my approach , i would suggest you find another primary care doctor" and she WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM on me... HOW UNPROFESSIONAL???????? i was not given any answers that I had asked for just told the test she had dont were the correct ones and that was all she was willing to tell me. I will NEVER return back to her....