Internist, Emergency Physician, General Practitioner

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. Yahoo. DrScore.
Mar 20th, 2015

How does a doctor be in the office one day and then the next day be gone? Never to be heard from again. You took a note to serve patients and then you just up and left like we were nothing. I didn't go to their practice to see the other doctors I went to see you and you just up and left so I'd be weary of Dr. Carpenetti she's not very loyal to her patients. The decent professional thing would have been to inform your patients that you were leaving and help them find a new doctor whether it was in your brightness or elsewhere. That's looking out for your patience 101.

Terrific Experience at her office at Comprehensive Internal Medicine in Alpharetta show details Terrific Experience at her office at Comprehensive Internal Medicine in Alpharetta
by Chris A on Jan 20th, 2015

Dr. Carpenetti has been terrific as my new PCP. I have many issues that needed a quarterback to make certain I have the best care and a plan of action. With diabetes, High BP, a blood disorder, and severe osteo-arthritis in my hips, I have been placed on better meds to correct my type 2, a referral to the best Ortho surgeon in the area, and a plan of action to get my health in check. I am very pleased with her, and feel any less positive reviews were more due to the practice than the DR. This new practice for her has virtually no waiting, walk in bloodwork, and great communication on follow up care. Highly recommend Dr. C!

Shocked show details Shocked
by Anne on Aug 7th, 2014

Where are you now, Laurae Carpenetti? The office won't tell us. If you're still in area, I would follow you.

Feb 27th, 2014

I called today for my checkup with dr. Carpenetti and I was told by her office that she is no longer with the practice and they don't think she is practicing medicine at the moment.

EXCELLENT show details EXCELLENT
Feb 24th, 2014

I AM ELDERLY AND THIS DOCTOR IS THE BEST. I'VE BEEN GOING TO HER SINCE THE TIME SHE STARTED PRACTICING IN THE MARIETTA AREA. SHE WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME. OVER THE YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE STAFF NOT DOING A GOOD JOB WITH CALLING WITH TES RESULTS OR CALLING IN REFILLS IN A TIMELY MANNER. AFTER INFORMING DR CARPENETTI, THE SITUATION WAS EITHER CORRECTED OR THEY DISAPPEARED. SHE IS CARING, LISTENS, AND EXPLAINS ANYTHING YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. IT IS SUSPECT TO ME THAT THERE IS SO MUCH TIME BETWEEN REVIEWS.

Very happy show details Very happy
by Keith J. on Feb 4th, 2014

I dislike going to see doctors. That said, Dr. Carpenetti always makes me feel comfortable, never makes me feel she is in a rush to get to the next patient and always makes me feel like she cares. Unlike some physicians, she doesn't act as if she knows everything there is to know about medicine. I always feel as if she wants to find a solution rather than make infallible pronouncements.

Oct 8th, 2013

Awful! Run the other way! Dr. Laurae M. Carpenetti, MD Hated it! Patient for years! There is no sense in using this office as a primary care office as they absolutely DO NOT care. Quick version: doctor visit, no antibiotic as deemed "not necessary", ok. Fast forward to a fall and a concussion and an ER trip with a CT scan. Scan shows sinus infection. (headaches from both infection and concussion). Call the doctor, fax over the CT report (as instructed by ER) doctor says no antibiotics without coming in YET AGAIN! Seriously? Not asking for narcotics, asking for MEDICALLY NECESSARY WITH CT FOR PROOF for antibiotics to be called in! Which by the way should have been given at the first visit! When I told them our family was leaving the office and posting bad reviews everywhere, Vicky's response was "OK."

Great Doctor and Staff show details Great Doctor and Staff
by Wallace Sumner on Sep 22nd, 2013

I have been a male patient at Wellstar (Sandy Plains Road, Marietta, GA) for over 20 years. I consider myself quite fortunate to have found this medical facility for my family and me. The doctors, medical assistants and office staff have always been outstanding – no exceptions. My PCP there for those 20 years left recently to return to his family hometown for personal reasons. I selected Dr. Laurae M. Carpenetti for my new PCP. On my first visit to Dr. Carpenetti I found her to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, prepared, patient, courteous, considerate, and friendly and a very good listener. Her staff was excellent as well. Again, I consider myself fortunate to have her as my new PCP. Like anyone else that was looking for a new PCP, I searched reviews for her and was surprised that some sites commented with a few negative comments. I knew that this facility was beyond approach and ignored their comments. Dr. Carpenetti proved to me that they were absolutely incorrect. I love this doctor!!! Wallace M. Sumner

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Sep 26th, 2012

I've never had a problem at this office. I'm a once a year patient but recently have had a few symptoms show up and I've been shocked with how my case has been handled. First I overheard the doctor speaking to the nurse outside my door about my case frustrated with me not knowing I had followed up like she had suggested. Then my labs take weeks to even be read by the doctor and then it takes even more time to get someone to call with those results. I don't know if the patient load increased and she just doesn't have time or she just doesn't care but I'll be leaving and will NOT recommend this practice to anyone.

Aug 18th, 2011

please do not take your elderly relative to this doctor. wait time if 2-3 hours or more and you will not get anyone to return your calls & good luck getting precription refills in a reasonable length of time.

Caring and thorough show details Caring and thorough
by Katie P. on Jun 13th, 2010

Dr. Carpenetti is willing to spend the time necessary to listen to a patient's symptoms and concerns, and thoroughly explain treatment options. She is patient and understanding. I feel very comfortable with the level of care I receive from her.

Sep 10th, 2009

See review at insiderpages.com by mbuice

Carpenetti Laurae M Md is a wonderful dr. show details Carpenetti Laurae M Md is a wonderful dr.
by Citysearch User on Aug 19th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

An excellent doctor with an exceptional nurse. Dr. Carpenetti is very caring and makes sure she listens to everything you say. She doesn`t...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Dr. Laurae Carpenetti -- a caring professional show details Dr. Laurae Carpenetti -- a caring professional
by Citysearch User on May 10th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I started seeing Dr. Carpenetti after becoming dissatisfied with my previous physician and the inability to see her in a timely fashion. I h...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Leave a message at the beep... show details Leave a message at the beep...
by DebbieDunwoody on Mar 2nd, 2009 on kudzu.com

Good luck getting a HUMAN when you call this office for an appointment, to talk to a nurse or heaven forbid to get test results!! The computer that answers the phone instantly dumps you into voicemail and they NEVER call you back!! My sick husband waited for simple blood test results for almost 2 weeks.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Worst Experience EVER!!!!! show details Worst Experience EVER!!!!!
by bebe116 on Feb 5th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
very unprofessional!!!! show details very unprofessional!!!!
Feb 5th, 2009

Worst Experience EVER!!!!! I had a bad feeling about this doctor after my follow up visit with her. I found her nurse to be very personable but i didnt handle much with her to really judge. I had blood tests taken at my original visit and did not get ANY results under my pre-set 2 week follow up appointment only to get the results back and see they were signed for by Dr Carpenetti 2 days after I was in her office for the blood work. I was given my results and prescribed medication which has only made me feel worse 2 weeks later and when I came back to the office ask questions to further understand the "why" behind her diagnosis was treated VERY poorly by Dr Carpenetti and was told "since you do not agree with my approach , i would suggest you find another primary care doctor" and she WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM on me... HOW UNPROFESSIONAL???????? i was not given any answers that I had asked for just told the test she had dont were the correct ones and that was all she was willing to tell me. I will NEVER return back to her....

Can't get an appointment show details Can't get an appointment
by seshbral on Jan 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I really like Dr. Carpenetti and I have found her to be quite thorough, however, I have a very difficult time getting an appointment with her. For the last many times I've been sick I've had to go to an urgent care center to be seen because the office doesn't seem to set aside any time for urgent visits or sick visits. I will be switching doctors because this is completely unacceptable.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Agree with all other neg reviews show details Agree with all other neg reviews
by Momofthree on Nov 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

This Dr makes you wait forever, even with an appt. Staff seems annoyed with you. Seems like she really doesn't want to help. I felt like a waste of her time.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
compassionate and very detailed show details compassionate and very detailed
by kita on Sep 19th, 2008 on kudzu.com

My experience was exceptional. Her nurse was great and very friendly. I can't imagine someone writing negative comments about her or her staff. Maybe the patient was having a bad day and not the staff.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
horrible nursing staff show details horrible nursing staff
by Joepatient on Aug 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr Carpenetti is friendly and upbeat, but her nurse is grumpy, seems inconvienced and unfriendly. The front office is great, but the lab nurse is on the grumpy side also. It takes FOREVER to get test results back and when you do it is from the nurse not the Dr.

Aug 12th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr Carpenetti is friendly and upbeat. However her nursing staff is not. Her nurse and the lab nurse are grumpy and seem uninterested in the patient. The front office staff is very helpful and willing to work with youto get in if you have an emergency. My

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Great Doctor, Friendly Staff show details Great Doctor, Friendly Staff
by BigDog37 on Jul 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

I find it hard to believe the other reviews I've read on this site and I'm glad I didn't read these before choosing Dr Carpenetti. Her staff has ALWAYS been friendly to me, especially her nurse. Dr Carpenetti always makes me feel like she is taking her time with me and gives me the opportunity to tell her what I have to say and to ask any questions I might have. I have recommended Dr Carpenetti to friends and family and will continue to do so.

Worst Doctor I Ever Visited show details Worst Doctor I Ever Visited
by lisalu on May 14th, 2008 on kudzu.com

There is no excuse for the poor quality of medical care I've gotten from Dr. Carpenetti. She has her nurse call with test results - even of a serious nature - and offers no follow up explanation or discussion. I could get test results by going to a lab! Medications are also prescribed via her nurse, again with no explanation of side effects, risks, or alternatives. This is shoddy medical care at its worst.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Her nurse is a problem show details Her nurse is a problem
by cherrytree on May 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Carpenetti's personal nurse makes a lot of mistakes and blames patients for her own shortcomings. I stopped going to this practice b/c the nurse was too busy covering her own mistakes than to help correct a problem, it also caused a lack of trust b/w myself and the doctor and I never felt the same about having my care there.

Jan 26th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I absolutely love Dr. Carpenetti. She is very knowledgeable and friendly. And I hardly have to wait at all at her office.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Very unhappy with my visit today show details Very unhappy with my visit today
by James1v17 on Nov 6th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Rude and poor customer service from the front office staff. Very hurtful and not willing to accept their mistake. I will be going somewhere who has their act more together asap.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Outstanding physician show details Outstanding physician
by AlexLB on Jan 11th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Carpenetti is the best family physician we have ever had take care the family. She is knowledgeable, caring and takes all the time you need.

Thorough MD show details Thorough MD
by smquitadamo on Dec 12th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Thorough and great personality. Not like most of the "meds" will fix your problem doctors. Takes her time. Not thrilled with the office manager... who refused to allow me to switch from Chastang to Carpenetti (in the same office).