A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laurel Blakemore:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laurel Blakemore, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Blakemore graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Blakemore has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Health Services for Children Pediatric Center
- Metrohealth Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Blakemore accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- The Chartered Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan