Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com. CitySearch.
Disappointed show details Disappointed
by Jessie Pare on Nov 2nd, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Roberts for the past few years and until recently felt like she was an ok doctor. My last couple visits she treated me like I was a stupid hypochondriac and I just chalked it up to her just being kind of brash. I'm a worrier, I get that, but my family has a terrible medical history so I'm on top of things. And quite frankly, she gets paid a lot of money to answer my questions. This weekend I went to a shady ER in my neighborhood who wanted to admit me for gallbladder issues. I didn't feel safe there and thought I would first see my primary care doctor, Dr. Roberts, for a second opinion. I was in so much pain and waited until the morning and called to get in. I told them that it was really serious and that there was a definite issue with my gallbladder according to this ER and could she see me. "Sure in an hour and a half…" right then I should have gone to the emergency room because my pain was unbearable but I wanted to go to someone I thought I could trust. I got in to the office with my wife and waited. When she walked in the room she looked at my wife and very rudely said "AND WHO IS THIS?!?!" Um that'd be my very caring and worried wife.. how about a hello? Then she listened to what I had to say.. and said "Well you don't have a fever, you aren't throwing up, and you aren't thrashing in pain.. What do you want to do?" Well I'm not thrashing because I'm trying to keep it together.. and when she pressed on my gallbladder I thought I was going to die… What do I want to do? I don't freaking know, I'm not a doctor! Her response was "no one in their right mind would operate on you. Go home, drink some Gatorade" That is when I started to cry.. "But how do I manage the pain? I can't work like this I can barely move" her response was.. and I'm completely serious.. "DEAL WITH IT" I cried harder now, mostly because I was so horrified at how I was being treated and was in so much pain. Finally she said "Well I guess you could go to the ER if that's what you want but they and they are just going to send you home" Her nurse wheeled me down…. and a few hours later gallbladder was removed. It was huge, full of stones, and without a doubt needed to be removed. The staff at the ER was shocked when I told them what my doctor said. I will never come back. I'm calling everyone I've ever recommended to tell them my story. I'm disgusted.

I will continue to recommend Dr Roberts show details I will continue to recommend Dr Roberts
by Lisa on Dec 13th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Roberts for about 3 years and I have always had a great experience. The staff is professional and Dr Roberts makes the visits easy. She is very direct - which I like - but still compassionate. I have recommended her to several co-wokers and friends. A good choice!

Great doctor's experience show details Great doctor's experience
Jul 6th, 2012

I found Dr. Roberts after an extensive search and asking my friends for referrals. I was actually surprised to see a few recent negative postings on one review site....but I can ell you that Dr. Roberts was attentive, professional, and took her time with me. I found the overall experience nothing but excellent.

FIRST RATE doctor - HIGHLY recommended show details FIRST RATE doctor - HIGHLY recommended
Apr 29th, 2012

I have found Dr. Roberts to be one of the most honest and approachable doctors that I have had. She has been my PCP for over 4 years and has remained engaged and professional. I also have several friends who see her and have the same experience. Nice to see that most reviews tell the same story - honest, direct, professional and totally engaged. You won't find better -- I have not!

WIll not go back show details WIll not go back
Feb 28th, 2012

Didn't bother to notify me that I shouldn't eat prior to my visit for testing so now I am expected to come back for another visit.Dr. Roberts was not engaged. Dismissive, disinterested, and actually got up during my exam to take a phone call. Not impressed.

Doctor Roberts is excellent! show details Doctor Roberts is excellent!
by Melissa on Aug 31st, 2010

Easy to make appointments, she is on time, her office is really great, staff is excellent, Dr. Roberts is easy to talk to and put me at ease right away. 5 stars from me...

Realy good experience show details Realy good experience
Jul 24th, 2010

I highly recommend

An excellent physician show details An excellent physician
by Catlover1963 on Jun 24th, 2010

A truly inspirational physician who helped me back on the road to appropriate self-care. Does not run to write unnecessary prescriptions; is not alarmist. Put me immediately at ease.

I highly recommend Dr. Roberts! show details I highly recommend Dr. Roberts!
by Theresa on Jun 13th, 2010

I had my second visit with Dr. Roberts and I wanted to share my experiences.I have found Dr. Roberts to be attentive, compassionate, complete in her exams, and warm. What I really appreciate is that she is listens first and then provides her opinion. I have had so many doctors not talk to me (or not hear me) and rush me out to see the next patient. Her staff is great - her office is great. I waited all of 5 minutes each time to get in. Next up is my boyfriend who I have bugged to get a physical --

Fabulous! show details Fabulous!
by Anonymous on May 31st, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Approachable, knowledgable, smart. An ideal doc in many ways. Highly recommend!,

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
May 5th, 2010

Everything I ever wanted in a primary physician!

I would recommend Dr. Roberts to everyone! show details I would recommend Dr. Roberts to everyone!
by Weronika on Mar 17th, 2010

Doctor Roberts has been absolutely amazing. She listens to her patients and cares about helping them.The office manager/nurse Daisy is great, very nice and helpful. Appointments are easy to schedule. I would recommend Dr. Roberts to everyone!

Mar 3rd, 2010

Really a good doctor's experience.

Great doctor experience show details Great doctor experience
by Marie on Feb 3rd, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Roberts for about 2 years. I find her to be very attentive and willing to listen. She never makes me feel rushed and addresses all my issues. I have referred her to 3 friends who are also very happy.The office is great and I love her spa robes -- it is true - she uses them!I actually paged Dr. Roberts last week on a Sunday and she spent over 15 minutes talking to me and then offered to see me at 9 on Monday. Way above what any of my previous doctors have done.

by Mark1975 on Feb 2nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Robert's office reminds me of a spa -- it is very relaxing. Scheduling is easy -- Daisy is great. She got me in for a same day appointment and Dr. Roberts was on time! Everything is electronic and I had my prescription waiting at my pharmacy right

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
made me feel like crap show details made me feel like crap
Dec 12th, 2008

I called Dr. Roberts asking if I could get additional tests done for a problem that was making me nervous, even though a previous test showed that nothing was wrong. I have no history of anxiety and dont have any mental problems, but she certainly made me feel like I did. In a nutshell, she told me that there was nothing wrong with me and the problem was not with the test results. She ordered the tests anyway, but I feel too embarrassed to make an appointment to have them done. Her bedside manner stinks! This happened weeks ago and it really ruined my day...I liked her so much before all this happened, but now I'm considering switching to another, more caring doctor (hopefully theres one out there!)