Dr. Leo Dalton DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Saint Petersburg, FL

March 22nd, 2017
Incompetent and Unprofessional staff
A woman on the phone at this office 'Julie' went nuts when we mentioned a family issue, i.e. tried to explain that FMLA paperwork should be filled out by the doctor that's seeing the patient (family member) that needs care on a semi regular basis. She proceeded to make suggestions that didn’t make sense. As an example so she would understand what we meant we simply said if a child needed frequent medical care that the pediatrician would fill out the fmla forms and not the parents doctor. She lost her mind and started yelling at us about "Dont you go there, my daughter is dead, don't you dare go there!" followed by a bunch of abstract hysterics. Really? we're not mind readers and apparently her problems are more important than the patients they claim to serve? Nice empathy and professional behavior there. I wasn't trying to get fmla paperwork filled out for the heck of it. We have a family health issue that will require it. She followed this stupidity by tossing the phone down so we were talking to no one. We couldn't get her to state her name or anything. Another woman finally got on the phone and told us everything was written down and the head nurse 'Melissa' would get back with us. We pressed her for who we had talked to before her and it took a few attempts but she finally told us we were speaking to 'Julie' previously, and she wouldn't even give us her own name. It was like pulling teeth to get Julie's name, so it sounds like they cover for each other’s bad behavior. The mystery lady assured us we would get a call back on the fmla form, and surprise! no call back. With staff like this who cares what the doctor is like. Spare yourself the drama and find a different doctor with competent and caring staff.

June 16th, 2016
Dr Dalton is great ! But he needs to find the right team for his office. Samatha front desk is rude rushed and the nurse hushed me as i started to speak. Like I say Dr Dalton has been and is great doctor he just needs a staff with some patience to look or ask other coworkers about.

April 22nd, 2016
Not recommended
Terrible experience. Incompetent office staff--asked me to call and have my own medical records sent from precious MD. Dalton took five days to address a medication need that I had. Apparent this guy has one foot out the door to retirement and could not care less about quality patient care.

October 18th, 2015
I was going to him as a kid he was alright. But I strongly feel that my mother wouldn't of been in the shape she was in toward the end of her life if it wasn't for him. He got her hooked on Demerol. My brother still goes to him why I don't know. Wouldn't take my family there.

December 30th, 2014
Excellent caring manner. He takes the time to explain everything.

July 21st, 2014
Great Doctor
Been to many doctors over the years. Best I have found. Been seeing him 15 yrs.

September 6th, 2013
Dr. Dalton is a great doctor
Dr. Dalton has been our family doctor for almost 40 years. He is a wonderful, caring doctor. We never feel rushed by him, he carefully listens and makes note of everything. He doesn't just prescribe drugs unnecessarily. He is a rare breed of doctor nowadays. We refer as many new patients to him as we can and always feel comfortable doing so.

July 20th, 2013
I have been going to Dr. Dalton for 15 years. He is the most compassionate, wonderful doctor I've ever encountered. Sometimes, I'm left in the waiting room for 30 minutes or so, but he's worth waiting for. Dr. Dalton truly cares about people, not just the symptom. Once he's in the exam room, he doesn't make me feel rushed at all. He listens, he's inquisitive, he's thorough and most importantly, he's a very kind and considerate man. I've recommended him to many friends over the years, and they've all been satisfied with his services. I think the world of Dr. Dalton!

May 16th, 2012
He's a fabulous doctor
Dr. Dalton has been our family's physician for 40 years. He is the most caring doctor I've ever met. We love him as if he was our blood family. We won't see anyone else. He's careful about prescribing medications and takes all the care we need with him.

April 10th, 2012
Bad Doctor with Inappropriate Staff
This doctor is a joke. I have been to him several years AND HE HAS NEVER EXAMINED ME! He listens to the heart, looks in the ears and mouth AND THAT IS THE FULL VISIT. Medications are prescribed then denied. Office staff is slow, fat and malignant in nature. I am appalled that he is able to practice. Oh yes, check your medical records - you will find inaccuracies and falsehoods written to protect lazy staff.

July 8th, 2010
Worth the time
While i have ben going to Dr. Dalton for more than 25 years i always end up waiting 30 minutes after my scheduled time this used to irk me but quit a few years ago I realized he Never made me feel rushed. always listen to all and any problems i felt like he was there 2 see me only. never a hurried time. after over a hundred + visits that in it self tell you how great he is!