A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Leon Remis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Leon Remis is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Leon Remis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
Education & Awards
Dr. Remis graduated from Boston University .
Dr. Remis has 8 hospital affiliations:
- South Shore Hospital
- NSMC - Salem Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Remis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 13 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 1 plan
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Leon L. Remis practice?
Dr. Leon Remis practices Ophthalmology near Marblehead, MA.
See Marblehead Ophthalmologists.