Dr. Leslie Kaplan Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Leslie Kaplan?

Cancer survivor

Posted on October 20th, 2015

I am a Doctor myself and choose people i trust and respect.

Posted on May 19th, 2015

This is one of the most ethical, patient, qualified doctors that I have seen for myself. He is extremely competent, empathic, and personable person I have encountered. Waiting room times, fights over bills, and not paying attention to a patient or the referring physician is just not something I can imagine would happen under his direction. One needs to realize that modern medicine and billing is really not in the hands of the doctors as much as the requirements put on the office by insurance companies and medicare. Even the medicine or test they prescribe for you is questioned by the bean counters and you are forced to take a generic many times that will not be as effective in your treatment due to insurance and the government's interference in the doctor patient relationship. Many of the generics are effective but some are not and the insurance company decides by the dollar sign and charges you more for a copay on the more expensive med or won't let you have it at all.

Outstanding doctor

Posted on April 28th, 2014

I can't believe I'm reading about the same person in some of the negative reviews. Dr. Kaplan operates at the highest possible level of expertise. His manner is very warm, sympathetic, and reassuring. He's a Type A but that doesn't interfere with his providing very patient, thorough explanations and support. I went to him with a PSA that fluctated between 8-4. He gave me a biopsy, various tests, and concluded that there was no cancer. My PSA hasn't been above 1.8 for years. Dr Kaplan is a treasure and a life-saver.

Patient

Posted on February 8th, 2014

Run AWAY FAST. Get out of office!

Posted on August 4th, 2013

He is the WORST ever. All he knows how to do is run procedures and look to make money. There was nothing wrong with me and he Scared me into doing a procedure that I did NOT need. He didn't explain any of the side effects from it. And in fact said he was too busy. RUN AWAY FAST from this doctor and get a better one. He is a nightmare! One star is too many for him.

More Concern with MONEY than Patient Care

Posted on May 16th, 2012

Is he competent as a doctor? Yes. Does he understands basic human curtesy, patient's life conditions, mental health, and overall wellbeing that is influenced by their disease? ABSOLUTELY NO. After a long search for the right doctor, and diagnosis, I thought Dr. Kaplan was going to be my savior. Let me be clear, I do think that his treatment does work. But when i realized that all he cares about is money, and not patient care I was very disappointed, and had to drop out because I couldn't afford it and he wasn't willing to cut me any break. I saw him for 5 sessions, three with only a nurse, one with the doctor for assessment, one for treatment, the average appointment was about 5 to 7 minutes. No outside tests, just some muscle relaxation and exercises. The actual urinary treatment did help. Yet overall, when I got my bill it was close to $800.00, my insurance didn't cover it, and I had to apply it towards my deductible. When I explained to the doctor and his staff my financial hardship that was influenced by my diagnosis and asked for some kind of discount or break, he was quick to reject my request. And when I told him that I could not continue if he was going to charge over $300 for a 5 minute office visit, I was clear not to ask for a full pardon or forgiveness, I simply wanted a reasonable fee. But he didn't care and I had to stop my treatment and continue living with my condition in hope to find the right doctor. He wasn't willing to help me out, just collect money. Unless money isn't an issue and you don't care to pay hundreds of dollars for pointless muscle relaxation exercises... Stay away from this doctor and find one with a moral understand for patient care.

Kidney issue

Posted on January 17th, 2012

Dr. Kaplan is a very professional and caring surgeon and is highly recommended by other MDs and staff of St. Johns Medical Center. He carefully explains the procedures and spends sufficient time to amswer all questions. His staff is friendly , caring and competent. The wait times are very reasonable for a surgeon with the responsibilities he has accepted.

Posted on January 14th, 2012

The worst urologist I have been to, and he was the fourth.

Posted on October 29th, 2011

This Dr has an appalling bedside manner.Regardless of the pressures on doctors,one hopes at the very least for a modicum of understanding and compassion from a doctor.This man appears to have impaired sensitivity and very little ability to deal with human beings.I urge patients to seek out a different physician.

Posted on May 13th, 2011

THE MOST AWESOME DR. EVER!!!

Great Urologist

Posted on January 4th, 2011

Excellent job of diagnosis. Got me in during the holidays, saw me immediately and referred me quickly to a reasonably-priced CT Scan facility. Excellent diagnosis skill, he had accessed my previous files on his own, even though this was my first visit, which made a big difference in my prognosis. He is said to have both excellent surgical and laparoscopic skills, is a really nice guy, with a calm demeanor. Kudos as well to Kit and Eloy from his office who really helped my out during my Kidney Stone episode. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kaplan and his team.

Horrible experience

Posted on July 30th, 2010

It was hastily decided unnecessary surgery. I've been informed by a New Castro Doctor it was unnecessary & has contributed to new complication.It was a crime and has made me wiser & to chose a dr and treatment more carefully.