Dr. Leslie Welborne MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 8th, 2016
0BGYN
Dr. Welborne is very nutural and kind. Her staff and nurses went above and beyond to help making appoibtment and check up easy. Nurse Maria is the best!!

April 11th, 2016
Great bedside manner, knows what she is talking about! Would highly reccomend Dr Welborne!

November 9th, 2015
Not a friendly welcoming place at all.

January 15th, 2014
Pre-school teacher and The Colony resident for 14 years
Dr. Welborne has been my gynecologist for approximately 14 years. She has always spoken with me gently and guided me through my ups and downs of female issues including breast cancer. I would not go to another gynecologist unless a move made me do so. I trust Dr. Welborne with my female checkups and her advice. She has proven to me to be honest, trustworthy and professionally astute. Her gentleness is amazing as well.

July 16th, 2012
Caring and efficient
Dr. Welbourne is knowledgeable and I liked her bedside manner. I feel she'd be a very good delivery and labor doctor.

July 16th, 2012
Dr Welborne is AMAZING!!
I cannot say enough about Dr. Welborne! She is the best doctor I have ever had. I had a really hard time getting pregnant and she always spent extra time with me to make me feel comfortable about our decisions we were making. She would stay and hold my hand when I would cry, hug me and ensure me everything would be ok. When I finally got pregnant she made my experience wonderful! Her staff was so accommodating! I probably called the nurses weekly with questions and they were always so friendly and helpful and were never annoyed I called so much! I will forever use Dr Welborne even if she isn't covered by my insurance! I highly recommend her! You may have to wait to see her but all that says to me is that she takes her time with her patients! She's worth the wait!

July 4th, 2012
I haven't had a regular OB in years so when I found out I was pregnant I had friends recommend different doctors. I was bleeding at 6 weeks and they immediately saw me when I called. She was very kind and diagnosed my low progesterone quickly. The office got my insurance to approve a very expensive medication, and their quick response to seeing and diagnosing me is how I have made it to my second trimester.

May 23rd, 2012
Dont Go Here
I switched to Dr Welborne right before delivering my son. She was great during that time and for that purpose only. After giving birth, I had an abnormal PAP and found that I had severe displasia. After a LEEP procedure, I had another abnormal PAP and another LEEP procedure. I was informed once again after the second procedure that I still had abnormal cells. She recommended a hysterectomy. After getting a second opinion, I learned that she had butchered my cervix and didn't even do the procedure right. At this point I had stage zero cervical cancer and was referred to an Oncologist. He also informed me that if this procedure was done correctly the first time and margins are clear there is a 100% success rate. Her focus is on delivering babies and she should not be able to see patients for any other reason becuase she doesn't care and I almost wonder if she was banking on the hope of a hysterectomy. She is a money hungry doctor who got a lot of money from me and my insurance company doing botched procedures over and over again. If my mental health could tolerate it, I would take further action. Please don't go to this doctor for any major concerns. I ended up with a deep cone biospy and will likely not be able to have children and I have barely any cervix left. I am 34 years old.

August 1st, 2011
I have gone to Dr. Welbourne for 11 years...and she has always been incredibly professional & supportive. She delivered both my healthy beautiful children and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else.

February 24th, 2011
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr Welbourne
I have seen the packed waiting room and been there, but never had to wait more than 15 minutes. I love that she is direct and to the point. She is very caring and always has a hug. She handled my pregnancy in 2009 and a misscariage in 2010. She is the best OB I have ever had!

December 15th, 2010
Dr. Welborne is my GYN of Choice
I have been going to Dr. Welborn for several years, in 2008 she performed my hysterectomy where I had a major complication but she was excellent through the whole thing. Since my surgery my sister and 2 friends now see her since they were at the hospital and saw how cool headed Dr. Welborn was during my surgery and her bedside manner was excellent. Dr. Welborn uses Frisco Baylor Hospital a lot too which was FANTASTIC!I will admit her waiting room is packed every time I go, you can expect at least an hour wait, and I know this so I plan accordingly. FYI her specialty is women wanting to get pregnant later in life. A side note, when you look around the standing room only waiting room (not to mention the men who usually wait in the hall to give up seats to the pregnant women), you should look at this as being fortunate enough to get an appointment with her there is a reason women come to her in swarms. I agree that her staff is not the most courteous but I try to keep in mind how swamped they all are. Dr. Welborn is a straight shooter, she does not believe a pill fixes everything and she will be as candid with you as a doctor could be. Personally I LOVE this about her. You get honest answers from her every time. If you want a waiting room that has few clients, want one-on-one dedication from each person you deal with at the OB/Gyn and want tons of time to chat up with the doctor then this may not be the best OB/GYN office for you. If you want a practice that is dedicated to successful pregnancies, healthy women, honesty, happy husbands and the joy of family (even if youre a single woman or childless family) then Dr. Welborn is for you. Good luck getting an appointment!

April 17th, 2010
Do your research
Everyone has a right to question treatment just as th doctor has th right to stop seeing you. I had questions long before my incident and I should have done somthing about it early on. For me everything worked out In the end and ultimately I had and have a new doctor. if you feel uncomfortable with a situation go with your gut instinct.