Obstetrician & Gynecologist

4401 Coit Rd
Ste 305
Frisco, TX 75035
972-731-6565
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Pre-school teacher and The Colony resident for 14 years  |  show details
by Susan Boyd on Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Welborne has been my gynecologist for approximately 14 years. She has always spoken with me gently and guided me through my ups and downs of female issues including breast cancer. I would not go to another gynecologist unless a move made me do so. I trust Dr. Welborne with my female checkups and her advice. She has proven to me to be honest, trustworthy and professionally astute. Her gentleness is amazing as well.

|  Incompetence and Checked-Out….Stay Clear of This Practice !  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2013

Talk about an MD and her practice mentally on vacation. You can tell Dr. Welbourne is closing her doors in March 2013, she’s already checked out and so has her staff. First impressions were fine. Medical school at UTMB, great. Downhill from there. Especially when Welbourne told us she was closing her office doors in March 2013, to take care of her children. No problem with that. Immediately my thinking is that falls under information you should have told us over the phone – before we even set a first time appt. They took 17 days to get my wife’s blood work back! Complete incompetence by the nurse and Welbourne. When someone “goes on vacation” be a leading MD and set up protocol for when whoever is out of the office, vital work gets covered. It’s literally the blind leading the blind at this entire Centennial OB/GYN, PA office. Blank exhausted stares on faces and chaos when computers go down. No one smiling, saying have a nice day to mothers leaving, thank you, good morning – you know normal I enjoy my job office stuff. We witnessed the majority of practice personnel complacent in the care and customer service they agree to provide. It’s not like this is the free clinic, we are paying for this service/care and there’s other MDs in Frisco more eager to care for your patients. Finally, the last draw was they called and cancelled our appt 30 mins prior. My wife was devastated b/c we were going to get to see the baby for the first time. When I asked if Welbourne was ok for this emergency cancellation, the nurse simply said, “oh it’s not an emergency everything’s ok, the doctor just isn’t making it into the office today – when can you reschedule”? After 18 yrs in the business I could tell it’s taken its toll on Welbourne. What 18 yrs has done is given her a God complex. We fired Welbourne and found an OBGYN far better qualified in all areas and far less jaded. Moms, don’t let these doctors walk all over you and then you hold out your hand blindly for meds when the MD says take this. Welbourne tried to put my wife on a non vital drug. We got into an endocrinologist immediately for a second opinion and she confirmed Welbourne overlooked the COMPLETE diagnosis.

|  Caring and efficient  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

Dr. Welbourne is knowledgeable and I liked her bedside manner. I feel she'd be a very good delivery and labor doctor.

|  Dr Welborne is AMAZING!!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

I cannot say enough about Dr. Welborne! She is the best doctor I have ever had. I had a really hard time getting pregnant and she always spent extra time with me to make me feel comfortable about our decisions we were making. She would stay and hold my hand when I would cry, hug me and ensure me everything would be ok. When I finally got pregnant she made my experience wonderful! Her staff was so accommodating! I probably called the nurses weekly with questions and they were always so friendly and helpful and were never annoyed I called so much! I will forever use Dr Welborne even if she isn't covered by my insurance! I highly recommend her! You may have to wait to see her but all that says to me is that she takes her time with her patients! She's worth the wait!

Jul 4th, 2012

I haven't had a regular OB in years so when I found out I was pregnant I had friends recommend different doctors. I was bleeding at 6 weeks and they immediately saw me when I called. She was very kind and diagnosed my low progesterone quickly. The office got my insurance to approve a very expensive medication, and their quick response to seeing and diagnosing me is how I have made it to my second trimester.

|  Dont Go Here  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

I switched to Dr Welborne right before delivering my son. She was great during that time and for that purpose only. After giving birth, I had an abnormal PAP and found that I had severe displasia. After a LEEP procedure, I had another abnormal PAP and another LEEP procedure. I was informed once again after the second procedure that I still had abnormal cells. She recommended a hysterectomy. After getting a second opinion, I learned that she had butchered my cervix and didn't even do the procedure right. At this point I had stage zero cervical cancer and was referred to an Oncologist. He also informed me that if this procedure was done correctly the first time and margins are clear there is a 100% success rate. Her focus is on delivering babies and she should not be able to see patients for any other reason becuase she doesn't care and I almost wonder if she was banking on the hope of a hysterectomy. She is a money hungry doctor who got a lot of money from me and my insurance company doing botched procedures over and over again. If my mental health could tolerate it, I would take further action. Please don't go to this doctor for any major concerns. I ended up with a deep cone biospy and will likely not be able to have children and I have barely any cervix left. I am 34 years old.

Aug 1st, 2011

I have gone to Dr. Welbourne for 11 years...and she has always been incredibly professional & supportive. She delivered both my healthy beautiful children and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else.

|  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr Welbourne  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

I have seen the packed waiting room and been there, but never had to wait more than 15 minutes. I love that she is direct and to the point. She is very caring and always has a hug. She handled my pregnancy in 2009 and a misscariage in 2010. She is the best OB I have ever had!

|  Dr. Welborne is my GYN of Choice  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Welborn for several years, in 2008 she performed my hysterectomy where I had a major complication but she was excellent through the whole thing. Since my surgery my sister and 2 friends now see her since they were at the hospital and saw how cool headed Dr. Welborn was during my surgery and her bedside manner was excellent. Dr. Welborn uses Frisco Baylor Hospital a lot too which was FANTASTIC!I will admit her waiting room is packed every time I go, you can expect at least an hour wait, and I know this so I plan accordingly. FYI her specialty is women wanting to get pregnant later in life. A side note, when you look around the standing room only waiting room (not to mention the men who usually wait in the hall to give up seats to the pregnant women), you should look at this as being fortunate enough to get an appointment with her there is a reason women come to her in swarms. I agree that her staff is not the most courteous but I try to keep in mind how swamped they all are. Dr. Welborn is a straight shooter, she does not believe a pill fixes everything and she will be as candid with you as a doctor could be. Personally I LOVE this about her. You get honest answers from her every time. If you want a waiting room that has few clients, want one-on-one dedication from each person you deal with at the OB/Gyn and want tons of time to chat up with the doctor then this may not be the best OB/GYN office for you. If you want a practice that is dedicated to successful pregnancies, healthy women, honesty, happy husbands and the joy of family (even if youre a single woman or childless family) then Dr. Welborn is for you. Good luck getting an appointment!

|  Do your research  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2010

Everyone has a right to question treatment just as th doctor has th right to stop seeing you. I had questions long before my incident and I should have done somthing about it early on. For me everything worked out In the end and ultimately I had and have a new doctor. if you feel uncomfortable with a situation go with your gut instinct.

Jan 3rd, 2010

Very good doctor, Takes time to answer questions and concerns, Will not rush you even if the office is packed. Very caring

|  Office staff is horrible  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2009

I waited an hour and 10 minutes to see the Dr. Welborne. Her staff was rude. There were no chairs to sit in to wait so I stood half the time. I saw the Dr. for about ten minutes. Was given unclear instructions. I had blood work done two weeks later and no one seemed to know why I was there. Her staff has always been rude. I called to ask some medical questions and the woman who answered was rude and basically told me she did not have time for me. I guess I am going to look for another doctor due to the staff, not Dr. Welborne.

|  Absolute Best OB GYN around!!  |  show details
by Roxanne Williams on Apr 14th, 2009

I have nothing but praises for Dr. Welborne, and Dr. Bailey both. Dr. Welborne has been an absolute dream. I had a difficult pregnancy, and she was with me 100% of the way. I can't thank her enough for all the advice, encouragement, and the best care I could have asked for. I would recommend her to anyone seeking a doctor who really cares. She ranks among the finest, and I wouldn't trust anyone else. Thank you Dr. Welborne, you are phenomenal!

|  I won't come back  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2009

I changed my OBGYN because of the poor customer service, now with Dr. Welborne's staff is even worst, they claim to send cards for the annual checkups and I never received one, when I call to make my appointment the waiting was for 6 months to see the doctor or 1 month to see the practitioner nurse. When I went for a sonogram the radiologist asked where I lived and when I told her I live in Mckinney, she said "What, there are no doctors in Mckinney", the staff is not friendly and they don't want to do their job, I have to asked for my own records to the other doctor and they didn't even gave me form to fill out.... I am looking for a new doctor now.

|  Don't See Dr. Welborne  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2008

Dr. Welborne might be a fine doctor if you never question her authority or knowledge on a subject. However, when I brought up a valid medical concern I had while I was pregnant, she blew me off, eschewed my research, and told me several times in the span of the 10 minute "conversation" that I was "insulting" her intelligence by not trusting her. I left the office in tears without finishing my consultation. She also doesn't take phone calls which is annoying in and of itself. She's apparently very friendly and amicable in normal circumstances (and was to me the first time I saw her), but I ultimately found her bedside manner atrocious and would never recommend her.