Dr. Linda Nims Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Linda Nims?

June 9th, 2015

Got a terrible infection from the removal of two moles. No bedside manner.

July 8th, 2014

Poor bed-side manner & lousy office / office staff

I have been to Dr. Barry for a number of years and was satisfied with her care. I was switched to Dr. Nims for an annual checkup without being told -- I found out when she walked in the room. I have since been back for 2 follow up visits with her. I found the entire experience unpleasant. She doesn't look at you when speaking. She would only use technical medical terms to tell me what she was seeing. When ever I asked questions to understand further, I only got more technical terminology. Several times, I expressed that I couldn't understand what she was saying and could she explain it laymen terms. She couldn't or wouldn't. I think she is technically competent but her manner with a patient is very poor. Her analysis and recommendations were completely different from Dr. Barry. She wanted to put me on medication & creams and was pushing me to get an expensive skin treatment. These were the issues I was trying to get her to explain why I needed them. I have since stopped going and found another doctor. I agree with other reviewers, the office staff is horrible. The office waiting room and building do not make a good impression.

September 16th, 2013

Things Felt A Little Sketchy; I Won't Be Going Back

Dr. Nims performed some minor out patient surgery on me. After waiting thirty plus minutes in the near empty waiting room I was shown to an examination room and told to take my clothes off and to don a surgical gown. After I changed into the gown, the nurse appeared and asked me for advance payment of Dr. Nim's fee. I stated that I felt like the request was highly irregular and not anything like I had experienced at any doctor's office at any time (i.e. being told to disrobe and then being asked for payment prior to seeing the doctor ... say what .. ?) Even though I was very uncomfortable doing so, I gave the nurse my credit card to which she took, left the room and closed the door. I was very very uncomfortable with conducting business this way. Had I not already waited as long as I had, I think I would have dressed and left. To make matters worse, there was also some foul-up by Dr. Nim's staff in keeping my referral on file. I had to drive to my MD's office and retrieve a copy. Some time later, Dr. Nim's successfully conducted my minor surgery. I won't be going back to Dr. Nims. The whole thing with being asked for money after being told to undress prior to the surgery was creepy.

September 10th, 2013

Worst doctor I have ever met.

I had the unfortunate experience of going to Dr.Linda Nims. The wait was over an hour, finally when I met the doctor after brief discussion she prescribed medication for a dry scalp condition I had. I was under the impression that was the end of it, I paid my co-pay, headed to the pharmacist with prescription. The medication turns out to be quite expensive as the insurance doesn't cover the entire cost therefore I ended shelling out $100+ to buy the medication. After a few months I get collection notices from her billing office, for the office visit. Apparently my insurance didn't pay for the office visit because it was a pre-existing condition. When I called the insurance to inform them that this was the 1st time it happened and I didnt have previous treatments to this condition, to my horror they stated that the Dr. Linda Nim's report led them to believe that it was a pre-existing condition. After repeated calls to resolve the miscommunication to Dr.Linda Nims billing department and to her office, I had to give up due to lack of customer service.My only option is to appeal to the insurance company otherwise get stuck paying $150+ for my office visit. This doctor proved to be too expensive for me and lacks customer service, I never came across a doctor who would mess a claim like this and have a customer pay out of pocket. Patients beware!

July 13th, 2013

When you call to make an appointment, the staff states they will call you back when they are less busy, but they do not call you back. Established patients cannot get an appointment less than 5 weeks in advance. When you arrive for an appointment, the wait time exceeds 30 minutes ( which does not include time in the exam room). The staff does not seem to care. As a patient, you are treated like a number. Dr Nims does not respond to phone inquiries from patients. They should not accept new patients, because they cannot serve their current patient base.

August 2nd, 2011

They have gotten so busy lately that the rudeness just comes out I guess. They have to many patients and could care less unless you care first and change their attitude. Half the staff cares and half the staff doesn't care one bit. They make you pay then say there is nothing wrong with you. Well I came to have a mole removed and you charge me not to remove it? That is a joke. Yes they can do a good job, but they don't listen to the patient. If I pay to have a mole removed then pull out the scalpel. I felt weird paying for no service. Time to find a new doctor.

June 16th, 2011

unhappy

After waiting 15 minutes in office (I was on time), I sat in exam room 25 minutes till Dr Nims saw me. As stated in other reviews, she's a bit cold, and talked the whole time, seeming a bit impatient at my questions. I wouldn't see her again.

April 26th, 2011

Office Awful

Someone recommended this practice to me, otherwise I would have walked out as soon as I saw the waiting area. The chairs were circa 1980 and were stained. The carpet was worn and stained. You need a key to use the bathroom! Yes, like a GAS STATION.

January 24th, 2011

Dr. Nims was friendly and informative. She spent quite a bit of time with me. Not sure why she has gotten poor ratings.

September 21st, 2009

Be very careful. The office refused to accept my insurance without a referrel even though my insurance company said I did not need a referral. They wanted me to sign a form that I would agree to pay anything they charged me in excess of my insurance company's established rates.

May 29th, 2008

Great medical care, poor bedside manner

Dr. Linda Nims is very knowledgeable in her field and makes an accurate diagnosis. However, if you prefer a doctor with a bedside manner, this is not the doctor for you. She is not friendly and does not take the time to talk things over with you (even when she told me I had progressing melanoma cancer, she was in and out in 60 seconds, telling me to follow up with a surgeon and an oncologist - she also seemed irritated and impatient with me when I asked additional questions). Her associate in the practice, Dr. Rebecca Rudd-Barry, is outstanding in her medical knowledge and has a wonderful, caring disposition. Dr. Barry has the best of everything you want in a doctor and is very highly recommended. Dr. Barry has been my treating dermatologist now for years.

February 2nd, 2017