Dr. Lisa Kaufman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 17th, 2010
I adore Dr. Kaufman
Dr. Kaufman is a no nonsense but caring doctor with a wide range of contacts in the DC medical community. She wants to play the role of care coordinator and other docs know and respect that. She sent me to another kind of doctor for a second opinion after my orthopod recommended surgery, but said I should go back and talk to her first. The neurologist had different approach with proved much better, and for which I am forever grateful. Dr. Kaufman is not a warm fuzzy doctor, but she is a real person with her patients, is very perceptive, has broad and deep knowledge and is very willing to tell patients what they need to know. I like and respect and trust her immensely.

August 8th, 2010
Good Dr.
It is really hard to find a good doctor who takes BCBS in Washington DC. I think in some ways Dr. Kaufman excels - writes personal notes on your lab results and mails them to you -- I have even had her call me on occasion when she has been concerned. She's very straightforward. I could use a bit more bedside manner in my internist but she's okay in that area, just rushed due to the nature of insurance these days. She treats you like an equal, which is nice.

November 4th, 2009
Dr Kaufman
Wonderful, highly competent doctor who actually LISTENS to a patient, takes time to explain findings, and obviously cares (but her personal medical assistant needs to take lessons from her!). If one makes sure to have her rather than her medical assistant perform physical exams and if her front desk staff would treated patients like human beings rather than annoyances, everything would be superb!!!

April 28th, 2009
Excellent doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Kaufman as my primary care physician for 15 years or more, whether or not she was on my insurance at the time. She truly listens, tries to get a full picture of her patients, and gives you the time and attention that you need. Her medical care has been excellent, she has provided me with several very good referrals when needed. I strongly recommend her.