Dr. Loren Carlson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Loren Carlson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 16th, 2017

Excellent doctor

January 3rd, 2017

1st class practice

Dr. Carlson and his son run a 1st class practice. Excellent top shelf staff and their medical knowledge is 2nd to none.

April 29th, 2015

Do Not Recommend

I had one appt with Dr. Carlson. I am relatively healthy and a 64 yr old educated male. In that appt he did not seem to listen to me, seemed disinterested, preoccupied and made three errors. First he told me I had high blood pressure based on one test in his office and prescribed a medication. I told him I check it regularly and it's never been high. He told me everyone my age has high blood pressure. Second for a skin condition he told me the medication my dermatologist prescribed was not a steroid which was needed for my condition. In fact it is one of the most powerful topical steroids which was confirmed by my research and my dermatologist. Lastly he prescribed a topical for my skin which is primarily for fungal infections and is not optimal for my condition which was confirmed by my dermatologist. As a result based on my experience I am not going back to see him and would not recommend.

January 21st, 2012

The staff is rigid and not terribly knowledgeable, to the point where they TELL you something is covered by your insurance and then you end up with a fat bill later. Or they miscode insurance paperwork so you have to spend the time clearing it up. It's difficult to easily get authorizations for any prescription refills, even if you've been taking the medicine for years. They authorize a couple of months of refills and then make you come in for an appointment when you need another authorization. Anything to keep those billables up!

October 22nd, 2011

Misdiagnosis

Dr. Carlson misinterpreted simple lab tests, which resulted in a misdiagnosis. I was told to take medication which had the potential to negatively impact my serious health condition of which he was aware. Luckily I double checked with my specialist before following his advice.

August 30th, 2011

Dr. Carlson gave me a scary diagnosis in less than one minute! No follow up after the test. I had to call the office for the result, and had to wait for more days for an appointment, just to hear that the result is normal--So I'm not dying.

June 29th, 2011

HE is a great doctor

Dr. Carlson saved my life some years ago when he immediately and correctly diagnosed a major problem that another doctor has dismissed as minor for months. He takes time with me and my family to listen and respond to our questions and needs, and has a friendly and efficient staff. I highly recommend him.

February 7th, 2011

Best Doctor Ever

It was hard when I moved here and didn't know anyone to ask who a good doctor was to go to. I took a chance not knowing Dr. Carlson and it was the best move I've ever made! He is caring, concerned, compassionate, and he listens to all you have to say. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

October 14th, 2009

My husband and I have been patients of Dr.Carlson for many years.We trust him and rely on him to relay the diagnosis of either one of us to us or any other specialist he recommends.We feel very confident of him and or comfortable with him.

June 19th, 2008

my husband and i have been seeing dr carlson for a few years now. we are both happy with how he has worked with us. i also have seen his nurse practioners and for the most part am happy with them also.

April 4th, 2017