Dr. Lothar Mcmillian MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.6

February 27th, 2014
terrible terrible terrible terrible.....
I don't think this "practice" deserves to have any stars. You have to earn those stars and in my mind they did not. Although I personally never seen Dr. Mcmillian his staff is rude and very inconsiderate, and for get it if your 15 minutes late, even though they have a 30 minute policy. Over all worse experience I have ever had.

September 24th, 2013
No real care!
This is my husband's and son's doctor. My husband had a major surgery and I called several times to get some advice before the surgery, asking for a call back. I never got a call back. That, to me, is just ridiculous. No personal attention, seemingly no real care and concern for their patients. Several times I have gone in the office with NO ONE at the front desk. They APPEAR to be professional, but are seriously lacking. I'm currently looking for another doctor for both my husband and my son.

September 19th, 2012
Office Staff
Charged office co-pymt even though I stated none existed and requested them to phone insurance. Upon providing proof after the appointment, called and left voice messages 4 times over two week period and I'm still waiting for a return call from this office. Very unprofessional.

September 7th, 2012
Great
I just love how he work's with me. And he take's his time.

June 1st, 2012
The nurse practioner at this facility, Deborah, is rude and scheduled tests that I told her I did not need, and then did not send the correct test orders to the lab, so now I have to go back and retest and pay for it again. She also accused me of lying to her about my health and personal situation. The last test result I got from them took almost 2 weeks to get any answers on. The front office staff is quite kind, but the back office is rude and unhelpful. My last appointment took almost 3 hours, and most of that was me sitting alone in the exam room, waiting. I have never once seen Dr. McMillan, and I have been going to this office for over a year. My husband has been ging there his whole life and only seen Dr. McMillan a handful of times. I am quite unhappy with them and will be looking for a differenet doctor.

February 29th, 2012
rude and uncaring!!!!!!!
I too will never go to this DR. again! the staff is rude they din t care about their patients .When you turn someone away who is sick over a $15. dollar co. pay after 20yrs of going there that s soooo sad! you don t care and have no values!!!!!

February 28th, 2012
Long Time Patient...No Longer
Long time Patient.NO MOREI have up until today was a 20 year patient with Doc. McMillian. In the 20 years I saw the man 3 times. You only get to see his nurse. He is too busy with his plastic practice. Today was the straw that broke the camel. I was sick and had a appt. to see the nurse. When I got there I realized that I had forgot my wallet with my credit cards. I did have my check book. I told the receptionist I could write a check but she told me that the office does not accept checks. I told her yes I know but I have been coming here for 20 years now and this was the first time this had happened. I asked if for this one time they could accept a check. I was sick and drove all the way from the high desert and really need to see the doctor. Nope.they would not see me. I even called back to talk to the office manager and she told me the same thing. Sorry .cant you call someone to come down and give you cash? I told her the same thing.you mean to tell me that a patient who has been coming here for 20 years cant see the doctor because you will not accept a check for $15.00???? Doc McMillian you just lost not only my business, my husbandand now my sisters and her family and my daughters. This office does not care one bit about their patients. Do Not Believe the Recording you hear when you call this office. I will NEVER return to this office. We are seeking legal advise because they turned me away. And again for what? $15 dollar co-pay?

February 28th, 2012
AWFUL
AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. I cannot say that enough. The office staff is rude and uncooperative. They do not care about their patients and are completely incompetent. Nurse pract. Janet is horrible. She told my mom over the phone that she may have lung cancer. Thankfully my mother did not...But what type of medical practice calls their patients over the phone to deliver news like that? If you have any concerns for your health or well being...this is not the place you want to be. Save yourself the hassle..

November 11th, 2011
Unbelievable
The physician's assistant here refused to look at my x-ray for my crushed toe. He said there was nothing to be done. When I forced the office to write me a referral to a specialist for a second opinion, it took a week to get it. After seeing the specialist, he told me that the fractures were about a millimeter away from having to have surgery! Way to go Lothar!

November 7th, 2011
wonderful
Dr. McMillian and his staff are wonderful! They care and are always there when you need them. Doctors tend to treat their patients and move on but Dr McMillian and his staff on the other hand, takes time with each of his patients and MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE THEY CARE! I wouldn't go to any other Doctor............!

September 15th, 2011
Poor quality of service and no caring, "bed-side" manner to patients. The entire practice is too busy and unorganized to devote time and medical expertise to patients. My last physical exam was done by a nurse practioner; I NEVER saw Dr. McMillian; their EKG machines never worked properly during the exam, hence I was told to go to a cardiologist and get tested; that did it; this practice, and doctor, are HISTORY!!

April 28th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. McMillian's since 1986 and he has always spent time with me during an appointment ... answering all of my questions. The problem is, it is next to impossible to get an appointment with him personally. I agree that his top priority is his Durma-care business...botox, etc. He needs to rethink why he became a family doctor. I would recommend him if you are ok with waiting 4 or 5 months to get an appointment with him for a yearly physical. He is not in the office much. I plan on changing Primary Care Physican.