Dr. Maged Hamza MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 14th, 2016
Ignorant Moron
He is a rude ugly old man !! Useless!! Nasty Stupid!!!

April 21st, 2016
Doctor has very poor "bed-side personality". He ask questions and then does not wait for you to answer and if you do answer he gives you the feeling he does not believe you.

February 21st, 2016
Horrible Doctor - do not go to him - you could die, from his faulty work

January 6th, 2016
Dr.Hamza is a good Surgeon.
DR. Hamza put a stimalator in today an I had a great experience with him and his staff they were wonderful to me. Maybe the people who are writting the bad reviews may have something to do with your behaviors toward him . Go in with a good attitude and come out with a good attitude. He came out in the waiting room an talked to my husband.. He also talked very nice to me in the O.R. Loved Him...

August 2nd, 2015
Hamza is he rudest man I have ever met. Had no compassion for me & doesn't try to understand the pain I am enduring. Try to ask the guy a question & he walks out on you like you are an idiot or he looks at you like you are the most ignorant person in the world & tells you how smart he is & his success rate. There is no way that man is successful in helping people. He put a spinal stimulator in & I just about hit the ceiling & had to scream at him several times before he would stop pushing it in. Took the stimulator out & took stitches out before the incision was healed & incision got very infected. The man never even suggested antibiotics until it was to late & even blamed me for the infection. After he rudely walked out his nurse told me to do the very opposite of what he had said. They are a bunch of quacks. Dr. Jonathan Issacs from VCU recommended this man (can't make myself call Hamza a dr.) They are both in the same category. No compassion for the patient. I wouldn't take a dead dog to either one of these guys. Please folks, STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 24th, 2015
Rudest doctor ever
Seen three times. At last visit he literally jumped up and fled after 30 seconds.

February 10th, 2015
DO NOT GO TO HIM
He will call you personally and harass you. His staff is horrible there is no professionalism.

February 3rd, 2015
Nasty, hateful doctor!

January 7th, 2015
By far most arrogant
This was the absolute most unprofessional visit I have ever experienced. I am being treated for back pain and he told me I have pelvic pain. Duh I know the difference between the two. He said if we want to treat people with medicine we could just put a drive through up front. My doctor that left here finally found a medicine that works for me. He took me off. He talked negative about my other dr.s professionalism and my other doctor is more a doctor then he will ever be. He don't like or know his job. Don't waste your time. Also they were instructed not to give out the doctors card with his number that left

December 16th, 2014
Don't Understand the Negative Reviews......
I have interacted with Dr Hamza several times through my fiancee who has a chronic pain disorder, CRPS. This was a very difficult diagnosis for the doctors to make, and we saw several doctors before finding one capable of treatment. He gave very realistic expectations as far as prognosis for each treatment choice, and allowed my fiance to choose between several options. He ended up recommending an electronic stimulator which has allowed my fiance to live with managed pain. He went from depressed and largely immobile, to being able to perform daily tasks again without much difficulty. At all times in my interactions with Dr Hamza, he has been positive, encouraging, and collaborative. On several occasions he has commented on the positive attitude he has seen in my fiance despite having chronic pain and several issues with medical interventions attempted before the stimulator. Each time I was in the office with my fiance, but especially after surgeries, Dr Hamza took the time to come see me in the lobby to let me know how the procedure went and what to expect as far as recovery and aftercare. Dr Hamza is a medical genius and a very decent man. I am astounded at all of the negative reviews as I have had a very different experience, and would recommend him to anyone seeking TRUE medical intervention for their pain rather than drug seeking. YES, he has strong opinions about medications, but for this I am also grateful. I can see how he may come off as rude and arrogant if he suspects someone is drug seeking. It is so easy to become dependent on medications that eventually stop working due to tolerance, so I am so thankful for his willingness to look beyond medication management and offer real solutions for my fiance.

October 19th, 2014
Poor
I cannot think of a word that would be justified to use to tell you how unprofessional he is. I believe his only thought is to give you that shot and get his money and push you out the door.

August 19th, 2014
Arrogant and Uncaring Physician
I work with physicians in the Pain Management field and luckily have not had to deal with any as unappealing as Dr. Hamza. Unfortunately, both my brother and I have been subjected to him by taking my Mother in to see him in the past, but we are now looking for a new Pain Management physician. Dr. Hamza was recommended to us (by one of his former students) for his clinical capabilities and Pain Management expertise; however, I would not recommend him to anyone. He is pretentious, arrogant and apparently thrives on making his patients (and their family members) feel that they are stupid and unworthy of his time. He spends office visit time lecturing (mostly to hear himself speak), gets angry if you try to ask questions, recommends a treatment plan and denies the same recommended treatment plan at the next office visit. This guy is a nut job. My 81 year-old Mother deserves better treatment and a physician who believes in caring for his patients with the dignity and respect that they deserve. Dr. Hamza personifies all of the compassionate traits regularly seen in a Marine Drill Sergeant (with low self esteem) and gives all physicians a bad name.