Family Practice, Sports Medicine
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Berzansky.He listened to my problem, ordered plenty of test, relayed the test results as soon as they came in etc. Most important he was very caring and asked how I was doing emotionally, not something most doctors will do. I was very impressed and I've recommended him to friends.However, the office staff at the Piedmont office is non-responsive and rude when you confront them. But don't let this deter you from seeing Dr. Berzansky, he's still a great doctor!

|  show details
Aug 3rd, 2010

All in all Dr. Berzansky is a great doctor. He is very personable and he really does care about what he is doing. Dr. Berzansky is my primary care physician and I hope to continue to keep him as my doctor as long as I can.

|  Great office  |  show details
by Steve on Jul 5th, 2010

helpful staff and great doctor

|  Someone should shut this place down.  |  show details
by Kim C. on Jun 30th, 2010

My several bad experiences (within the last 6 months) with Dr. Berzansky have been as follows:1st incident: Dr. Berzansky ordered a knee x-ray for my son months ago. We never once received a phone call that the results were in. I finally had to call after a MONTHS LATER only to be told "Oh yeah, those x-rays did come back!" and to come in & pay a $20 co-pay (and bill the ins. co.) to get the x-ray results. Fortunately, my son is fine, but had I not called, we'd still be waiting for a call from Dr. Berzansky. 2nd incident: Dr. Berzansky ordered blood work for my other son because he wasn't feeling well and quite lethargic at the time (months ago). Again, to this day we have not received a call about the blood work results. Still waiting. (Thankfully again, after trips to ER re: asthma, we know my son is fine.) No thanks to Dr. Berzansky.3rd Incident: Can't get our prescriptions filled. Walgreens has contacted Avenue Family Practice several times via facsimile and telephone regarding one of my sons' prescriptions FROM MONTHS AGO so they could fill the prescription. I actually stood with the pharmacist one day when they called Dr. Berzansky and the staff took a message and they have yet to call Walgreens back. Walgreens and I are still waiting...4th (and LAST) incident (and obviously i'm the idiot for still being around for a 4th incident)... My sons have zero refills for their asthma medication that they take on a regular basis. Dr. Berzansky initially agreed to refill the prescriptions, but he now refuses to re-write them unless we come BACK in for a co-pay (and bill the ins. co.) to fill the prescriptions - medications that my kids have taken on a regular basis for years. He also would not order records from our previous doctor because it was too troublesome.People, stay away from this place and this doctor.

|  Now online!  |  show details
by Taylor W on Jun 2nd, 2010

This office finally has an online component other than their informational website. Instead of waiting on line for 15 minutes to talk with somebody, you can email the doctor directly! I've never had that option in any other practice I've been to. The office itself is homey feel in Oakland but the Lafayette office is state of the art! And to boot, the doctor is young and very personable!

|  Happy Mom  |  show details
May 11th, 2010

He was terrific with my child who had a problem that made my son very uncomfortable talking about. Great bedside manner with kids!

|  Great doc  |  show details
May 11th, 2010

I don't normally enjoy going to see ANY doctor and haven't been to one in over 10 years. Wife pressured me into going for her bd present. Great doctor. Personable, patient, and never felt rushed.

|  Angie  |  show details
May 3rd, 2010

No wait. Great doc! Feel like i accomplished something positive finding this doctor.

|  One Happy Patient  |  show details
by Anonymous on May 3rd, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I am glad that I finally found a doctor who is not in bed with one of the large HMO's like Kaiser! He seems to really enjoy working with you to ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Happy Mom  |  show details
by Alexandra P. on Mar 30th, 2010

He is a warm and caring doctor who works great with kids! We are new to Lafayette and I was referred to him from our neighbor who already sees Dr. Marc

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Randall on Mar 26th, 2010

I really enjoyed his explanation in simple terms of a complex diagnosis. All of my kids will now come see him as well!

|  Former patient  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2010

He was a totally overbearing and uncaring man. Both times I had the misfortune of dealing with him, he spoke to me as if I was a naughty 7 year old child. No wonder he can't work in a large corporate setting. I will not give him a third try ... that's a fact!

|  Sarah  |  show details
by Sarah P on Dec 13th, 2009

My whole family now sees Dr. Marc

|  Disappointed patient  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2009

He was so busy berating me for coming to the office with such a minor wound that he didn't hear a thing I said! "I just asked for a tetanus shot" I reminded him. It had been 11 years since my last one. He acted as though he wasn't there for injuries only routine things. At a Family Practice? That's not what I understand. Or - perhaps I'm wrong???