inactive

Marc B Berzansky DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2011
Great Doctor
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Berzansky.He listened to my problem, ordered plenty of test, relayed the test results as soon as they came in etc. Most important he was very caring and asked how I was doing emotionally, not something most doctors will do. I was very impressed and I've recommended him to friends.However, the office staff at the Piedmont office is non-responsive and rude when you confront them. But don't let this deter you from seeing Dr. Berzansky, he's still a great doctor!

August 3rd, 2010
All in all Dr. Berzansky is a great doctor. He is very personable and he really does care about what he is doing. Dr. Berzansky is my primary care physician and I hope to continue to keep him as my doctor as long as I can.

July 5th, 2010
Great office
helpful staff and great doctor

June 30th, 2010
Someone should shut this place down.
My several bad experiences (within the last 6 months) with Dr. Berzansky have been as follows:1st incident: Dr. Berzansky ordered a knee x-ray for my son months ago. We never once received a phone call that the results were in. I finally had to call after a MONTHS LATER only to be told "Oh yeah, those x-rays did come back!" and to come in & pay a $20 co-pay (and bill the ins. co.) to get the x-ray results. Fortunately, my son is fine, but had I not called, we'd still be waiting for a call from Dr. Berzansky. 2nd incident: Dr. Berzansky ordered blood work for my other son because he wasn't feeling well and quite lethargic at the time (months ago). Again, to this day we have not received a call about the blood work results. Still waiting. (Thankfully again, after trips to ER re: asthma, we know my son is fine.) No thanks to Dr. Berzansky.3rd Incident: Can't get our prescriptions filled. Walgreens has contacted Avenue Family Practice several times via facsimile and telephone regarding one of my sons' prescriptions FROM MONTHS AGO so they could fill the prescription. I actually stood with the pharmacist one day when they called Dr. Berzansky and the staff took a message and they have yet to call Walgreens back. Walgreens and I are still waiting...4th (and LAST) incident (and obviously i'm the idiot for still being around for a 4th incident)... My sons have zero refills for their asthma medication that they take on a regular basis. Dr. Berzansky initially agreed to refill the prescriptions, but he now refuses to re-write them unless we come BACK in for a co-pay (and bill the ins. co.) to fill the prescriptions - medications that my kids have taken on a regular basis for years. He also would not order records from our previous doctor because it was too troublesome.People, stay away from this place and this doctor.

June 2nd, 2010
Now online!
This office finally has an online component other than their informational website. Instead of waiting on line for 15 minutes to talk with somebody, you can email the doctor directly! I've never had that option in any other practice I've been to. The office itself is homey feel in Oakland but the Lafayette office is state of the art! And to boot, the doctor is young and very personable!

May 11th, 2010
Happy Mom
He was terrific with my child who had a problem that made my son very uncomfortable talking about. Great bedside manner with kids!

May 11th, 2010
Great doc
I don't normally enjoy going to see ANY doctor and haven't been to one in over 10 years. Wife pressured me into going for her bd present. Great doctor. Personable, patient, and never felt rushed.

May 3rd, 2010
Angie
No wait. Great doc! Feel like i accomplished something positive finding this doctor.

May 3rd, 2010
One Happy Patient
I am glad that I finally found a doctor who is not in bed with one of the large HMO's like Kaiser! He seems to really enjoy working with you to ...

March 30th, 2010
Happy Mom
He is a warm and caring doctor who works great with kids! We are new to Lafayette and I was referred to him from our neighbor who already sees Dr. Marc

March 26th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
I really enjoyed his explanation in simple terms of a complex diagnosis. All of my kids will now come see him as well!

March 9th, 2010
Former patient
He was a totally overbearing and uncaring man. Both times I had the misfortune of dealing with him, he spoke to me as if I was a naughty 7 year old child. No wonder he can't work in a large corporate setting. I will not give him a third try ... that's a fact!