Family Physicians

820 S Alma Dr
Ste 130
Allen, TX 75013
972-747-0777
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  patient  |  show details
by J.G. on Jul 12th, 2013

|  An Excellent Family Doctor  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

Have been seeing Dr Flaquer for about 3 years. Personable, really listens, allows the patient to be involved in their care. My GP for the PRIOR 7 years would do labs and prescribe me another pill, no questions allowed, no explanations given, no ALTERNATIVES to pills ever tendered. ON THE OTHER HAND, DR FLAQUER discusses the meds with me, tells me why she prefers the Brand name to the generic when she does, takes into account my finances when looking at Brand v. generic, works with me to achieve balance in the most economical way, AND discusses with me ways in which I can eliminate my need for yet more drugs and/or eliminate the need for the meds I'm already taking. E.g., when my blood sugar came back as 105, she did NOT say "here's some metformin for you" or "we need to do a GTT right away"; instead she asked me what was different in my life, how had my eating habits changed, what stressors were new in my life. Then she gave me dietary info and recommended we repeat a blood sugar in a couple months. She gave me the opportunity to participate in my care. She is a family doctor and her family are her patients.

Apr 26th, 2012

I was recommended to Dr. Flaquer by a friend and I can not thank them enough. My previous Dr felt like I was a number - about the time that I began seeing Dr. Flaquer I had to go to the hospital for surgery. Dr. Flaquer called and followed up with me while I have never heard from my old Dr to this day. Dr. Flaquer's bedside manner and willingness to make sure you're fully informed and comfortable is the best I've ever seen. Doctors have a reputation for being cold and distant from their patients - Dr. Flaquer breaks that mold and truly epitomizes caring and community! Little acts of kindness and caring by her has made a lifelong patient... and dare I say, friend!

|  Complete lack of following up  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2011

They took a blood test a was told that I would hear results I a week. Called them a week and a half later and had to leave a message for Wendy. Didn't receive a return call. Called again and had to leave a message again. Didn't receive a return call. Finally had to demand to speak to Dr. Flaquer to let her know how I was being treated. She did get on the phone and told me my results were negative. Amazing. Was recommended

|  Atrocious doctor  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2011

I have been going to doctor Flaquer for years and when I was actually gravely ill she wasnt able to run the test she needed in her office so she sent me to her testing facility and there i was told the machines are down and i was told to go to the ER were i was finally diagnosed then i called her office because i needed a drs note because i was too ill to return to work the following week and i was told that if i wanted the note i had to schedule a whole different appt so that she could diagnose me herself and that that was the only way i could get the note I refuse to pay again to be diagnosed again for the same thing im looking for a new doctor and if she is your doctor so should you. Then she did call me to follow up but not untill i missed my appt i guess she was worried about the money she was missing out on.And when she talked to me she was rude to top it all off im aghast at how she treats her LOYAL patients you rarely ever speak with the dr directly just the office staff when you are ill it is reassuring to speak with the dr herself and that is something you will not get at crescent family

|  Great Family Doctor  |  show details
May 27th, 2011

Dr. Flaquer is probably one of the best family doctors I have ever been to. She treats each patient, no matter the age, with concern/understanding and respect. I have a 14 yr old daughter and when I take her to see Dr. Falquer she speaks to her at her level and not to me as if my daughter wasn't there. She did have a PA who worked with her in the office but since she has left the appointments can at times get long. My belief is that she spends "quality" time with each patient and because of this the other patients end up waiting longer in the exam room. I love the nurses and office staff and would recommend this practice to anyone who needs an overall great "family" doctor.

|  BEST DOCTOR I'VE EVER HAD!!  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

If you are looking for a quickie fix or a doc in a box, then this doctor is not for you. I've been going to Dr Flaquer for the past 2 years and I will follow her wherever she goes! (I hope she does not go anywhere though!!) This is the 1st doctor ever that I have gone to that actually listens, she does not cut corners, nor does she rush your medical care. She is very thorough and will discuss all my questions with very easy to understand explanations. She has seen my kids also and has even worked me in on a day she was completely PACKED, the boys had Strep and she knew I was sick but I did not have an appointment. She saw me anyway, examined me and treated me along with the boys. That's what I call a true Family Doctor. Thank You Dr Flaquer!!

Mar 31st, 2011

I called them to make an appintment and although I needed an appointment for 5pm they insisted I should be there at 4pm. I got off my work early to be there on time and I was there at 4pm. The nurse tested me for 10 minutes and there left me in the room for 1 hour. When I asked them how long more I should stay they said the doctor has another patient?!!!! My point is if she has another patient why did they give other appointments?Afetr 1 hour I just left the place without being checked....what they do is to make multiple appointments to make more money....and you pay for that with your money and time....

|  Great find  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

I went to her as she was close by and now my entire family goes there. Very professional, very nice and very thorough. Can't think of a better family MD.

by pmac on May 30th, 2010

Dr. Flaquer and her staff are the best. If you are searching for a new doctor I highly recommend Dr. Flauger. She takes the time to listen and explain your health issues. Extremely nice, caring and knowledgeable.

|  Finally........  |  show details
May 19th, 2010

Dr. Flaquer treats each patient like they were her friend. She is very easy to talk to and she really cares for her patients.

Mar 26th, 2010

This has got to be one of the best doctor's office my family and I have been too. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The nurse practitioner is great and Dr Flaquer is exceptional!! I have always gotten immediate care with any emergencies

Feb 2nd, 2010

very unorganized when it comes to calling Rx's into pharmacy or calling you about lab results. They're policies are confusing and you are often misinformed.

Oct 30th, 2009

after many years looking for a good, knowledgable doctor we finally found one -Dr.Flaquer.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

I have been to various doctors and I have never felt so comfortable on the 1st visit with any other doctor. First time a docotr has sat down and explained things to me in plain english that I understand. Very caring and honestly wants you to be comfortable and understand. I would recommend her to all my friends and family

Jan 28th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Flaquer is excellent! I have recommended several friends and family members to her.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com