Dr. Marina Gafanovich, MD
Doctor's site
1550 York Ave
New York, NY 10028
(646) 583-3959
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch. Judy's Book.
 |  No complaints  |  show details
by Mauricio on Aug 21st, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. gafanovich for at least 4 years. Although I might have to wait for more than a few minutes, I believe the doctor is very professional and deserves the max rating on Vitals.

|  Busy office  |  show details
by Allison on May 29th, 2014

Very memorable experience - that office is fully booked so I had to wait for a while before I saw Dr. G. (but I could enjoy the free movies and cookies :) The visit itself was brief but very informative - I learnt about the issues with my health. This is an IT_friendly office, so I took a record amount of tests per minute. In short, I am satisfied and doesn't plan to change my doctor any time soon.

|  Extensive physical  |  show details
by Jerry on May 7th, 2014

This is generally a "annual checkup" office as they advertise it. Very convenient if you work near by. The staff is also knowledgeable and helpful. They tend to arrange the next- or even same-day appointments. Would recommend.

|  Fast but eficient  |  show details
by John on Mar 31st, 2014

The doctor seems like she is in a little bit of a rush (she is booked weeks in advance), but yet she always gives precise advice. The office location is superb, so I don't have to waste valuable time for transit.

Jan 30th, 2014

Great doc, I booked an appt through ZocDoc and received the kind of care that I expect from the doctor I trust.

|  Scam artist  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2014

Uses every trick in the book to get to make her primary care physician and forces a physical on you to book your insurance. She will not see you unless you agree to this. So disappointing.

|  Would recommend  |  show details
by Gerrard on Dec 10th, 2013

No problems at all. Very reliable and trustworthy doc. She actually listens to my concerns before any judgment is given.

|  Thumb up!  |  show details
by Morgan on Oct 28th, 2013

I called to get vaccinated for my trip to Mexico, but was asked to change my primary care doctor. I did not object since her office was just across the street of my office. Marina is a brilliant young doctor who is truly dedicated to the needs of her patients. Highly recommended!

Sep 25th, 2013

Fast checkup, but I never had any issue, so this is pretty fine with me.

|  Okay  |  show details
by Nicholas on Sep 3rd, 2013

Overall, I liked this doctor. Nice manners and really willing to listen. Young, but has many patients (no waiting though) to keep the professional level up. She is only an Internist, so if you are looking for a specialty doctor you will be referred.

|  Pretty young but knowledgable  |  show details
by Nick on Aug 15th, 2013

I am used to "in and out" appointments, so I was very surprised to see so much attention and care in her office. Dr. Gafanovich loves her job. An she loves her patients,

|  No thanks!  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2013

Worst experience ever. Felt like I was being scammed the whole tIme and did not care about me at all.

|  Fraud $$$  |  show details
by R. B. on May 16th, 2013

Went to her based on several good reviews. Highly disappointed . You are only allowed to have an office visit with this doctor if you make her your primary physician, in which case she says you must have a physical with her. Included in this physical is a chest X-ray, a first in my book. When I received the paperwork from the insurance company there were several things they were denying payment on, things she did not even perform during our appointment. Untrustworthy, does not have patients interests at heart, should be investigated.

|  Great physician  |  show details
by Mike on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Gafanovich has been my Internist for quite a while, and I can't say a single bad word about her. There was a period of "limited access" while she had her premises renovated, but it's through, and it's worth it. I get a concierge-style care even without enrolling into her direct care program. The doc always listens to my concerns and is prompt in finding a relief.

|  Absolutely satisfied  |  show details
by Tom B. on Jan 31st, 2013

I found her online giving credit for some stellar reviews and feedback. The doctor is indeed a very caring and passionate professional. I got my results back in time. Like the previous reviewer, I noticed she focuses on preventative medicine (i.e., health annual check ups) rather than in-depth health care. Which is exactly what I demand from my PCP. She refers to the best specialists if needed. So far, I have nothing to complain about and will keep Dr. Gafanovich as my Internist.

|  Pretty Good Experience  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2013

I've been to Dr. Gafanovich a few times in the past two years. It's easy to get an appointment, which is great. I think she's good for a basic exam, and she is patient / listens. But if there's anything more complex, I'm not so sure. Also, as part of the exam you get a EKG. You are asked to leave the exam room (in your paper gown) dragging all of your belongings to get to and from the EKG room. Especially awkward since you have to pass by the waiting room! Overall I think she is a good, caring doctor. I do wish they'd figure out a different process for the EKG.

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by jamiec118353384 at Citysearch on Sep 14th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Great physician, no problems whatsoever. Had problems with my spine, she referred me to a very good specialist. I do my physicals once a year, and this is a very good spot to do that. Yes, it`s very close to my office, but also it`s the level of competence that drags me there.

|  A doc that I trust  |  show details
    Aug 31st, 2012

Dr. Gafanovich is very amiable young health guru who adores her patients. She is one of these few doctors that "personify" health care rather than dealing with "volume" and "numbers". She shows respect, courtesy and devotion. Thanks.

|  Good experience  |  show details
    by Allen on Aug 15th, 2012

No lines, accurate appointments and precise prescriptions. Need nothing more than that.

|  Nice and easy  |  show details
    Jun 14th, 2012

I had a very smooth experience with this doctor. I had some issues with the refills, but nothing in this world is perfect, after all.

|  Nice and easy  |  show details
    Jun 14th, 2012

I don't have much time for tests and checkups, so I completely rely on Dr. Gafanovich and that proved to be a good tactic. She is very professional and good-mannered.

|  Many thanks  |  show details
    by Dorothy L. at Judy`s Book on May 31st, 2012 on judysbook.com

I have a family of 4, and I know how important it is to have your health checked frequently, expecially if you have a condition. This Dr. primary goal is to keep you healthy, so you won`t even have the need to do any follow-ups. I enjoy my ...

|  Many thanks  |  show details
    by Dorothy L. at Judy'sBook on May 31st, 2012 on judysbook.com

I have a family of 4, and I know how important it is to have your health checked frequently, expecially if you have a condition. This Dr. primary goal is to keep you healthy, so you won't even have the need to do any follow-ups. I enjoy my ...

|  Just What I am Looking For  |  show details
    May 11th, 2012

I have had a most positive experience with Dr. Gafanovich to date. I was previously a patient in a large UES practice, and was getting lost in the shuffle. I started to do some research and fund Dr. Gafanovich's practice. Called for an appointment expecting the usual 10 - 15 minutes on the phone till I spoke to a live person - they answered on the FIRST ring. Went for my appointment today for my initial physical. They were pleasant, extremely competent and thorough.Then I saw the doctor. Doctor Gafanovich listened to me, gave me some thoughts and scheduled her follow up. Very calming and reassuring. Talked to me calmly and intelligently with her full attention, not like another doctor I used to know who talked while typing on the computer or blackberry and saying how great it was to multi task.Glad to be here with this caring and dedicated practice. Forgot to mention the marvelous tech - I am a longtime allergy patient and used to shots. Never even felt the needle for the blood draw. Five stars all the way!!

|  I left my health issues behind  |  show details
    by Owensmith11 at Citysearch on May 4th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Gafanovich is not only a dedicated healthcare provider, as they would say, but mainly a caring individual with the passion to medicine. She is an active listener, I never feel uncomfortable telling her about my nasty issues. Besides, she is an advocate of healthy living in general, so despite the fact she might have the biggest patient team in Upper East Side, she is never overbooked, as she tries to take care of the disease before it manifests itself. Very smart and exciting approach that will keep me tuned to this physician.

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
    Apr 10th, 2012

I completely disagree with previous reviewers. In my opinion, she is a very honest and diligent Internist. True, she has a lot of patients. True, she cares about her patients and ask them to do an annual physical exam, which by the way is an excellent prevention tool. It is not uncommon to get an after-hours call with my lab tests. I do recommend Dr. Marina Gafanovich.

|  Experience  |  show details
    Mar 18th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Gafanovich has always been great. Yes, she offers to do all kinds of tests and exams, but that's all covered by my insurance plan, so I rather prefer to stay on the safe side than sorry. The personnel is very friendly and corteous.

|  Not addressing patient's needs  |  show details
    Mar 5th, 2012

Doctor's office personell tried to pressure me into taking all sorts of exams I did not want to take - all of which necessitated extra payment. I only wanted to get an annual physical as i feel healthy and need to cut down on expenses.

|  Internist of the city  |  show details
    by Dimitrios34 at Citysearch on Jan 30th, 2012 on citysearch.com

I am not used to writing reviews of any kind, but this time I fell obligated to do that. I was on one of the Carnival cruises with my family, when I suddenly felt extremely bad with some very alarming symptoms. The on-board doctor immediately contacted Dr. Gafanovich to find out if she could see me on that day it was PM already. This was a very unexpected reason to visit a physician`s office in NYC, but what a fortune I was able to visit THAT doctor. She listened carefully despite it was the end of her day with a line of her regular patients waiting just outside the door. She took into consideration every small detail and prescribed medication allowing me to continue my vacation. At the end, we had a very safe trip home. I am so grateful to Dr. Marina Gafanovich! Thank you so much.

|  Caring physician  |  show details
    by DaraAllen at Citysearch on Dec 14th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Gafanovich is really a doctor that listens. She will not look at her watch nor hurry you up because of the line. She takes your time and cure you. Is there anything else needed So happy to have her as my New York physician.

|  She shows devotion  |  show details
    by Marel8292 at Citysearch on Nov 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would like to share my delight about Dr. Gafanovich. I`ve been a patient of hers for a few years already. Just visited her office to do a PPD testing. To my great surprise, I found a completely \"re-energized\" office after major renovation. The new staff was very friendly and attentive. This is not a typical medical office with the lines and waiting lines. This is true health \"boutique\" with the AAA doctor with great social skills. Oh, as per medical advice, I always got my issues resolved fast and efficient. \"Comme il faut\" physician!

|  She shows devotion  |  show details
    by Marel8292 at Citysearch on Nov 9th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would like to share my delight about Dr. Gafanovich. I`ve been a patient of hers for a few years already. Just visited her office to do a PPD testing. To my great surprise, I found a completely \"\"re-energized\"\" office after major renovation. The new staff was very friendly and attentive. This is not a typical medical office with the lines and waiting lines. This is true health \"\"boutique\"\" with the AAA doctor with great social skills. Oh, as per medical advice, I always got my issues resolved fast and efficient. \"\"Comme il faut\"\" physician!

|  Passionate doctor  |  show details
    Nov 7th, 2011

I can't help loving Dr. Gafanovich. From the first to the last minute of my visit I find myself enclosed in a warm and friendly atmosphere of "care". It is her ultimate advantage that she keeps her office "home-style". No tension, no stress, you simply relax and even have fun. This does not take her excellent skills by any means!

|  Nice attitude, attention, and professionalism.  |  show details
    Oct 31st, 2011

I had a kind of stomach illness and was constantly suffering from nausea, weakness, and heartburn. Following the recommendation of my acquainted I visited an NY internist Marina Gafanovich. After her course of treatment I was back to normal life again I became stronger and have a lot of energy. I never regret Im her patient. Thank you for your nice attitude, attention, and professionalism.

Oct 5th, 2011

Following an ad campaign in Russian newspapers I decided to try Dr. Gafanovich. I have scheduled my appointment in advance during my lunch hour and provided my Insurance Card number so the office could complete the paperwork in order to minimize my waiting time. I arrived at the office and started waiting. In 10-15 min the office worker told me that most likely my insurance will not cover the lab because I already utilized $ 300 out of my $400 allowance and the lab tests could costs more than $1000. That was a complete shock to me as I did not recall doing my physical exam this year. The office worker was holding some paperwork in her hands without showing it to me and did not even ask me if I would like to see the doctor anyway. There was no concern about the patient. I felt absolutely humiliated. I called my insurance after I got back to work and the agent told me that she is not aware about the limits to the number of the blood tests that I could get done and that everything that the office worker told me was false. What does not make sense though how the Best Dr. in Manhattan could allow that patients are treated in such a disrespectful manner?

|  Awesome physician  |  show details
    by lovestory639 at Citysearch on Sep 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have a permanent condition with my blood pressure. I had an emergency and called my PCP. I kept calling and was done after a receptionist told me he would be available in 3 days if I book a \"\"consultation\"\". Since there was no time for consideration I called Dr. Gafanovich who is right around the corner. I was also impressed by her stellar reviews after I did a little research on Google. Dr. Gafanovich listened to my issue and invited me to see her in...30 minutes! Yes, that`s how health care reform should like - decrease waiting time and improve quality of service. I can say Dr. Marina is very energetic and enthusiastic about her job and treats her patients as her close friends. I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere in her office. The friendly staff do nothing but help. As per my medical condition, she prescribed some preliminary treatment that works fine already! and I scheduled my next follow-up visit. My previous PCP did call me 3 days later offering his services....I am glad I had a nerve to get me off his patients list right on the phone.

|  Awesome physician  |  show details
    by lovestory639 at Citysearch on Sep 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have a permanent condition with my blood pressure. I had an emergency and called my PCP. I kept calling and was done after a receptionist told me he would be available in 3 days if I book a \"consultation\". Since there was no time for consideration I called Dr. Gafanovich who is right around the corner. I was also impressed by her stellar reviews after I did a little research on Google. Dr. Gafanovich listened to my issue and invited me to see her in...30 minutes! Yes, that`s how health care reform should like - decrease waiting time and improve quality of service. I can say Dr. Marina is very energetic and enthusiastic about her job and treats her patients as her close friends. I enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere in her office. The friendly staff do nothing but help. As per my medical condition, she prescribed some preliminary treatment that works fine already! and I scheduled my next follow-up visit. My previous PCP did call me 3 days later offering his services....I am glad I had a nerve to get me off his patients list right on the phone.

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr Gafanovich failed to tailor her services to fit each client. She did not ask follow up questions when I brought up concerns. She recommended multiple expensive tests without using her medical judgement.

|  Best doctor I`ve ever come across  |  show details
    by Mark D at Insider Pages on Sep 9th, 2011 on insiderpages.com

This is a PERSONAL service. The doc treats you like a friend and this makes her practice stand out from thousands of others. Recently I cut myself with a knife, and just immediately I saw Dr. G who stitched me herself giving all kind of support and attention meanwhile. Sometimes my friends and beloved ones are anxious to find out how I manage to keep myself in good health, and that`s when I recommend Dr. Marina to them.

|  Caring physician  |  show details
    Aug 26th, 2011

A very knowledgeable and ABLE physician in Upper East Side. Her office is streamlined and it's extremely easy to book appointments, get lab results, prescriptions, important notifications and even birthday greetings. The doctor takes her time to listen to the problem despite the waiting line.Her speech is firm and confident that itself produces a healing effect. Would recommend to anybody looking for an Internist that is up to date with the technology and yet remains on a personal level.

|  My health is in good hands  |  show details
    by Kevin M at Insider Pages on Aug 13th, 2011 on insiderpages.com

This was my first visit to Dr Gafanovich. I had minor problems with my previous doctor and I rented an apartment in Upper West Side, so I decided the time for the switch has come. I have a condition and also ready for my yearly physical. Even though I was in her office only once I am quite convinced I will come again for my next planned doctor visit. Dr Gafanovich is glowing knowledge and expertise even despite her age. She takes a \"friend-to-friend\" approach so that you find yourself in a very relaxing and calming atmosphere. At the same time, she does not waste any time and gets the exam done quickly. She is available for a brief chat on the phone, which I find very useful indeed. Just to repeat, I will be back on a follow-up. BTW, her office is under renovation, so I`m intrigued on what I see when I come back.

|  One of the best physicians  |  show details
    Aug 11th, 2011

Dr. Marina Gafanovich is extremely thorough in her examinations and precise in treatments and medication that she prescribes. She is possessed by primary care, and is proactive in her research and recommendations. She sends out birthday cards too :-) Marina takes a "on-the-same-page" approach and is very easy to communicate with.I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Gafanovich as a person who can take care of any health issues. She will be your friend who will provide high-quality medical services. My mother and brother just moved in New York, and there's one thing that is certain for them - the doctor.

|  Her recommendations help me to stay active!  |  show details
    by LuinLamm at Citysearch on Aug 5th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Every evening I have terrible thirst which leads to often urination. I was trying to find some information about this on different sites and came across the name of Dr. Gafanovich. I decided to have a consultation with her and after our conversation and analyzing of my tests she came to the conclusion that I have diabetes. She recommended several courses of treatment I`m really glad there is a person from whom I can find help in such a difficult situation.Her recommendations help me to stay active and I will have an opportunity to work with pleasure.

|  Her recommendations help me to stay active!  |  show details
    by LuinLamm at Citysearch on Aug 5th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  New York doctor  |  show details
    by iwalker74 at Citysearch on Aug 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

My mother had encephalitis and after this illness she has sleep drunkenness the condition which is close to normal sleep. In fact she was asleep almost all the time. I worried about her very much and we decided to visit an internist whose name was Marina Gafanovich she is a wonderful person and real professional. She gave my mother a new life. We are very thankful.

|  My favorite internist  |  show details
    by Tommy S at Insider Pages on Jul 26th, 2011 on insiderpages.com

Not so long ago I started to feel a short breath during the physical activity. It was a serious discomfort so I visited my favorite internist Dr. Marina Gafanovich. She tested my heart on some equipment and diagnosis ischemic heart disease it was pleasant to communicate with her. She is very polite and competent she is a person whom you can trust your health. If I need doctors help I always go to Dr. Gafanovich and she never lets me down.

|  In my opinion, did not listen to a word I said  |  show details
    Jul 25th, 2011

Very unsatisfied with the communication. Will never be going back.

|  My highest recommendations  |  show details
    by Jessy1974 at Citysearch on Jul 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Last spring I had problems with exhaling I was very confused because I never met such a problem before. I felt much discomfort during any kind of activity I was trying to do. My friends recommended me to visit an internist Marina Gafanovich she made an appointment with me immediately and diagnoses bronchitis. She noticed that I was worried and helped me to calm down. After her course of treatment I feel alive again she is so kind hearted, competent, and interested at the health of her patients. Such doctors are very rare. My highest recommendations.

|  The doctor should be like this  |  show details
    Jul 11th, 2011

First of all I liked her professional attitude she makes everything quickly and carefully you can say at once that this person has a very solid professional experience. Secondly I liked her like a personality very strong and confident in herself but at the same time kind and openhearted. In my opinion the doctor should be like this.

|  My temperature was 39 dg, C.  |  show details
    by bettyjr at Citysearch on Jul 11th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  My temperature was 39 dg, C.  |  show details
    by bettyjr at Citysearch on Jul 11th, 2011 on citysearch.com

It all started when I was in my office in the morning I felt myself terrible so I came home and got my temperature it was 39 dg, C. I took some pills against flu and cold but they didnt help so next day I decided to visit my Doctor Marina Gafanovich. She made all necessary tests and prescribed me some other pills and mixtures which ware very effective. After several days I was able to work again though usually it took me several weeks to recover from illness.

|  She makes my life happier  |  show details
    by Glenn P at Insider Pages on Jul 7th, 2011 on insiderpages.com

Without crossing the ethical borders I can confess I admire Dr Marina Gafanovich and her entire office! I have a rather unpleasant condition, so my medication is always correct and provides relief. I can`t think of visiting her office but as of a friendly rendez-vous. You feel the atmosphere of comfort and confidence. Best New York doctor, for sure!

|  Best New York Doctor  |  show details
    by Theresa M. at Judy`sBook on Jul 7th, 2011 on judysbook.com

Dr. Marina Gafanovich for years has not only been a unique Internal Medicine Doctor in Upper East Side, but also an active advocate of healthy living and pro-active lifestyle. She is also very down-to-earth an in fact accepts most insurance...

|  A very good doctor  |  show details
    by boobyermarrof at Citysearch on Jul 6th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  A very good doctor  |  show details
    by boobyermarrof at Citysearch on Jul 6th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had a terrible pain in my belly. I could hardly move. Slowly and calmly. But then it let me go a little bit and my mom took me to her NYC Internist. She examined me very attentively. There was a suspicion of the appendix problems but thanks God it wasnt it. I guess my belly was afraid of docs as I am so it stopped aching, nothing serious was found and we went home. I am going for my annual physical next week.

|  My doctor for 3 years  |  show details
    Jun 28th, 2011

Dr Gafanovich is adorable. She will keep an eye on your medical needs even when you are ou of her office to produce the impression of "complete safety". This is some devotion. I will certainly recommend the services of this New York Internist to all my friends (I did already, actually) and colleagues. By the way, the date of my annual physical is soon..

Jun 13th, 2011

My husband went to this doctor's office because he had pain in his right ear and a headache. It was Sunday evening but doctor was at her office. She examined him carefully and said that it is earwax blockage and made an ear irrigation. After this procedure my husband felt much better and his hearing was back. Thank You doctor!

|  Best MD  |  show details
    by phl1974 at Citysearch on Jun 13th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Recently I have moved to NY so in New York I have no personal doctor. I decided to search a doctor via Internet. When I found Dr. Gafanovich site I decided to make an appointment for a consultation. I liked her very much from the first sight she gave me many useful pieces of advice according to my health was very attentive and professional. She will become my doctor for sure.

|  Best NYC Doctor!  |  show details
    by Jimmy K. on Jun 1st, 2011

I adore Dr Marina Gafanovich. She is doing a great job in a mentally and physically laid back relaxed environment. Over years, she became my friend who I can talk not only about medical, but also personal issues. So she has some psychologist skills as well :) I highly recommend her, especially if you live in Upper East Side.

|  Best New York MD ever  |  show details
    by OpusMei73 at Citysearch on Jun 1st, 2011 on citysearch.com

This should be quick and precise - Dr Gafanovich is by far the best doctor out there in Upper East Side. Very efficient and knowledgeable. Precise and gentle. Friendly and accommodating. Yes, I only saw her once so far, but what a change after my previous MD. Her staff make a wonderful relaxing atmosphere which is needed before an important test is taken. New York Presbyterian Hospital should be proud they have Dr Gafanovich as their affiliated doctor.

|  Top of the notch Internist  |  show details
    by Jenni4523 at Citysearch on May 23rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I`d like to share my gratitude for the service of Dr. Marina Gafanovich. This young yet experienced doctor treats you as a personal friend despite the number of patients that she sees DAILY. Plus she accepts all insurance plans which is not very common for Weill Cornell affiliated doctor. 5 stars

|  My NY doctor  |  show details
    May 10th, 2011

One day I woke up with a terrible pain in my stomach. I thought thoroughly about evth I ate the previous night. Nothing special, pasta, vine, vegetable. What could it be? When the pain eased a little bit, I got dressed and went to my ny doctor. She checked it, asked me questions, nothing really could cause it. Im always very careful with the food. By that time the pain was gone and I went home. Time and a little bit of money wasted but I do not feel sorry. Its better to spend some time and money to be on the safe side instead of dying in your own bed from pain.

|  Best New York doctor  |  show details
    by Li Hamilton at Citysearch on May 10th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have chronic bronchitis since my childhood I guess. It visits me at least twice a year. Im tired. Usually I do not really treat that thing. But that time I had. 1 it was severe. 2 I decided to fight it! So I visited those new york doctors my friend told me about. They prescribed me some procedures and medicines. Not only I defeated it quite quickly that time. I also feel now much better. Its been a year now and it hasnt come back yet. So the treatment worked. I didnt waste my money and time

|  Best New York doctor  |  show details
    by Li Hamilton at Citysearch on May 10th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  New York MD  |  show details
    May 8th, 2011

After my husband was released from Presbyterian Hospital in early January, we decided to finally switch to an Internal Medicine doctor affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical Center. We called around and were recommended to Dr. Gafanovich who was receiving new patients at the time. At first, we were apprehensive because she is young. Good thing we kept that first appointment. Dr. Gafanovich is very knowledgeable and she explained everything in great details. She spent a good 1/2 hour for the first visit. After that first visit, my husband (who has Mesenteric panniculitis, GI problems, Raynaud's Syndrome, etc.) was convinced to switch from his doctor of over 20 years unaffiliated with Weill Cornell to Dr. Gafanovich. He has since gone back to Dr. Gafanovich twice and we believe he's in good hands with Dr. Gafanovich now.

|  New York doctor  |  show details
    by GlamorPafos at Citysearch on May 8th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Have been there 3 times now, and I`m still impressed! The staff are amazing--sweet, helpful, and kind. And Dr. Gafanovich is professional and kind also. So happy I`ve found such a great doctor!

|  My nyc doctor  |  show details
    by Jerry H at Insider Pages on May 3rd, 2011 on insiderpages.com

When I get cold and start coughing, I dont pay a great deal of attention to that cause usually it goes away. Now I understand I shouldnt do like this. Cause my coughing turned so strong that sometimes I couldnt stop, I thought I would cough out my lungs and eyes. That was sth terrible. So I visited those nyc doctors Id once been to. And they helped me once again. Simple recommendations, a simple drug, two days and it helped a lot. Thank you guys once again. Now I recommend you to everyone

|  New York md  |  show details
    by Olie S at Insider Pages on May 2nd, 2011 on insiderpages.com

I was suffering from terrible migraines. My friend recommended that I should visit Dr Gafanovich, her office is actually just around the corner. Immediately when I entered her office I felt confident I was in the right place. Despite her age, Dr. Gafanovich is extremely experienced and knowledgeable. She has pleasant manners and she is very gentle with her patients. I was given a complete annual physical test, during which the underlying problem was uncovered and correct treatment prescribed. Thank you so much, doc! Best New York doctor!

|  Googled nyc internist  |  show details
    by James C. at Judy`sBook on May 2nd, 2011 on judysbook.com

The pain in my heart made me sick. I had no power. I crawled like a snail. That was enough. I hate hospitals so I visited that internist nyc that I googled. A nice website, great opinions. I didnt feel pity. She helped me a lot. After a we...

|  NY Doctor  |  show details
    by Amanda K. at Judy`sBook on May 1st, 2011 on judysbook.com

Highly recommend. I have been looking for a new primary in the area for some time. Dr. Marina Gafanovich and her staff are kind personable and respectful of your time, I waited for less than 15 minutes for my annual phyisical exam.I had a f...

|  Top New York Doctor  |  show details
    by AlrightKid73 at Citysearch on Apr 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

So, I needed to find a new doctor and where do I turn to first Yep, citysearch.I don`t think I have ever left a doctor`s office excited before. I wanted to tell everyone about it!There wasn`t a wait and the whole process only took 20 minutes. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Dr. Gafanovich took the time to take my medical history herself, no 10 page forms to fill out here.Thanks, doc. You made my day.

|  Great practice  |  show details
    by Kelly K. on Apr 11th, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is a very knowledgeable and energetic New York doctor. She is very friendly and has excellent bed-side manners. I came with my daughter and was so impressed that did an annual physical myself. Highly recommended!

|  Superb care  |  show details
    by AdvancedMary at Citysearch on Apr 6th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Gafanovich is the best New York doctor! I`ve been suffering with severe Restless Legs Syndrome and have been through a revolving door with doctors who didn`t know how to treat this. Just by listening to what I had to say Dr. Gafanovich was able to determine exactly what I needed. I strongly recommend him!

|  Superb care  |  show details
    by AdvancedMary at Citysearch on Apr 6th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  She made me feel ok!  |  show details
    by KBrowson at Citysearch on Mar 29th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I saw Doctor Mariana Gafanovich in the autumn of 2010. I felt she took enough time with me, but at the same time she was efficient in treating me. She was professional and made me feel ok. It was easy to to talk with her and she listened to me. She explained the treatment to me so that I could understand it.I moved to New York and the upper east side last year and have not seen other doctors in the city. But I would give her better ratings than my doctor in Yonkers. I will definitely stick to her if I have to see a doctor again.

|  Top Manhattan Physician  |  show details
    Mar 26th, 2011

I am on Medicare and I had been used to less than perfect care given to me by my previous Upper East Side doctors. I truly thank my friend who referred me to Dr. Gafanovich. Now I am sure I am in caring hands. Dr. Gafanovich is always so attentive and kind to my concerns, although I take more of her time than her regular patient. Thank you so much, and keep it up, doc!

|  Why haven`t I found this doctor before  |  show details
    by Mike19444 at Citysearch on Mar 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Gafanovich is absolutely the best doctor I`ve ever been to see. First of all, it was quick to get an appointment - I booked it online at ZocDoc and got one for the next day. Her staff were very friendly and helpful. Dr. Gafanovich herself was very thorough and friendly. She took me into her office to ask me about my medical and life history in person and took notes, which means I didn`t have to fill out any annoying forms. She also has a very caring and calming personality, which helps if you`re anxious at all. In all, this was a very relaxing and laid back experience.

|  Just satisfied!  |  show details
    by Dominic Lewis at Citysearch on Mar 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Doctor Marina Gafanovich has been my physician for about two years. I have been at her office twice. She is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Also the staff at the office is friendly and professional. I have no problems recommending her to others.Dominic Lewis

|  My doctor and a friend  |  show details
    Mar 11th, 2011

My roommate referred me to Dr. Gafanovich after I moved to New York in September. Normally, I dread doctors visits, but Dr. Gafanovich was so warm and caring, yet so professional, she put me at ease. And never have I had an annual go so fast!

|  Top Choice  |  show details
    by Honorable76 at Citysearch on Mar 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I`ve been going to Dr Gafanovich for over 4 years. I`ve never felt so comfortable with a doctor before! Anytime I want to try an alternative medication such as now, for my thyroid, she actually listens and educates me on the pros and cons. She`s got an awesome sense of humor and I actually look forward to my visits with her. Dr Gafanovich KNOWS her patients. I`ve recommended her to everyone looking for a general practitioner. I wouldn`t change my doctor for the world, even though now it`s a bit of a drive to get to her.

Mar 2nd, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is truly remarkable. I will never forget a time during an Easter Holiday when I was concerned about a swollen gland on my neck. She took time from her personal day off to check me out. She is extremely personable and always willing to give helpful advice to me and my entire family. She is a down to earth physician with a great sense of humor.

by James A. on Feb 25th, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is a great internal medicine and GP. She takes the time to listen to her patients. She works to get a full medical history, and does not stop until she figures out what the problem is. If she refers you onto a specialist, she stays up to date on your case. She truly is a physician who cares.

|  Thank you!  |  show details
    Feb 20th, 2011

I never ever write reviews, but I had to in this case. I was referred to Dr. Gafanovich during a very critical illness - one caused by an allergic reaction. In short, Dr. Gafanovich saved my life. If it wasn't for her attentiveness, my weekly visits, bloodwork & monitoring, constant referrals to specialists that I needed to see, if it wasn't for her extensive knowledge, encouraging words, and most importantly, her calm demeanor , I would not re: the seriousness of my conditionbe here to write this review (no exaggeration:). My former Internist of 15 yrs was great when I was in perfect health but non-existent once I got sick. I am so grateful Dr. Gafanovich stepped in and saw me through the worst - every step of the way. She and her staff are the best!

|  Thumbs up!  |  show details
    by daraallen75 at Citysearch on Feb 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I adore Dr. Gafanovich. I made her my PCP before meeting her and wow did I luck out. She is fantastic. Although she is extremely busy, you never feel rushed in her presence. She is genuinely concerned that you understand what`s going on and she makes you feel perfectly at ease. Dr. Gafanovich is what keeps me going to the Upper East Side even though I`ve since moved away.

|  Highly recommended!  |  show details
    by Mike Steimach at Citysearch on Feb 15th, 2011 on citysearch.com

In my view Dr. Gafanovich is a caring compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. I have not hesitated referring my family and friends to him. Always addressing all my issues and gives appropriate treatment. Thank you, doctor!

|  Upper East Side Preferred Internist  |  show details
    by vopolk at Citysearch on Feb 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Gafanovich has been my family doctor for years, and it`s about time I rave about her somewhere. She`s so relaxing to be around, and she really pays attention to you and how you`re feeling. I feel very comfortable whenever I`m in her examination room, and I always feel taken care of. Some of my older family members come to her, too, and I think that the reason they like coming to her is because of how attentive and kind she is. You never feel like she`s trying to rush you out of her clinic.She speaks English and Russian. Check her out. Her clinic takes most major names in insurance.

|  Upper East Side Preferred Internist  |  show details
    by vopolk at Citysearch on Feb 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  5 stars!  |  show details
    Feb 10th, 2011

We have been under the care of Dr. Gafanovich since she arrived at her New York Office on the Upper East Side in 2008. We consider ourselves very fortunate. Dr. Gafanovich is caring, compassionate, and friendly. She has a way of explaining her diagnoses in very simple language, which puts us very much at ease. When we had a crisis, she promptly gave us her mobile telephone number and asked us to call day or night if we needed her. I have recommended her to many friends. Thank you!!

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
    Feb 8th, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is very skilled, patient and intelligent. Like all doctors, she is very busy, but I never feel unusually rushed. In addition, the office through which she works is the most efficient I've ever visited. I've never waited more than ten minutes for an appointment, and they are usually ready to see me at my scheduled time. Her referrals have always been good as well.