Dr. Marina Gafanovich, MD
Internist, General Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
OK show details OK
by Jared on Jan 28th, 2016

Came in for a travel vaccination shot, however I was convinced to switch to her being my PCP. The annual checkup was swift yet very efficient. Would recommend

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Kelly on Nov 5th, 2015

Marina is a true Top Doctor - she was recently awarded this. She is caring and attentive. She is very efficient. She is calm and keeps the emotions under control. And she is a great professional. I am happy to have Dr. Gafanovich as my primary care doctor. Highly recommended!

Feb 13th, 2015

Dr Marina is a very good internal medicine doctor.

Average staff, great doctor show details Average staff, great doctor
by Jack W. on Aug 28th, 2014 on doctor.com

The office is "dull" - I guess that's called effective management. But when it comes to the medical service, the doctor is fantastic. She is kind and ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
No complaints show details No complaints
by Mauricio on Aug 21st, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. gafanovich for at least 4 years. Although I might have to wait for more than a few minutes, I believe the doctor is very professional and deserves the max rating on Vitals.

Very trustworthy show details Very trustworthy
by Harry J. on Jul 10th, 2014 on doctor.com

Dr. G is awesome!!! She is very gentle and is on top of every issue. I feel her attention even when I am far away from New York high in the mountains ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Busy office show details Busy office
by Allison on May 29th, 2014

Very memorable experience - that office is fully booked so I had to wait for a while before I saw Dr. G. (but I could enjoy the free movies and cookies :) The visit itself was brief but very informative - I learnt about the issues with my health. This is an IT_friendly office, so I took a record amount of tests per minute. In short, I am satisfied and doesn't plan to change my doctor any time soon.

Extensive physical show details Extensive physical
by Jerry on May 7th, 2014

This is generally a "annual checkup" office as they advertise it. Very convenient if you work near by. The staff is also knowledgeable and helpful. They tend to arrange the next- or even same-day appointments. Would recommend.

Fast but eficient show details Fast but eficient
by John on Mar 31st, 2014

The doctor seems like she is in a little bit of a rush (she is booked weeks in advance), but yet she always gives precise advice. The office location is superb, so I don't have to waste valuable time for transit.

Scam artist show details Scam artist
Jan 26th, 2014

Uses every trick in the book to get to make her primary care physician and forces a physical on you to book your insurance. She will not see you unless you agree to this. So disappointing.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Would recommend show details Would recommend
by Gerrard on Dec 10th, 2013

No problems at all. Very reliable and trustworthy doc. She actually listens to my concerns before any judgment is given.

Okay show details Okay
by Nicholas on Sep 3rd, 2013

Overall, I liked this doctor. Nice manners and really willing to listen. Young, but has many patients (no waiting though) to keep the professional level up. She is only an Internist, so if you are looking for a specialty doctor you will be referred.

Pretty young but knowledgable show details Pretty young but knowledgable
by Nick on Aug 15th, 2013

I am used to "in and out" appointments, so I was very surprised to see so much attention and care in her office. Dr. Gafanovich loves her job. An she loves her patients,

Fraud $$$ show details Fraud $$$
by R. B. on May 16th, 2013

Went to her based on several good reviews. Highly disappointed . You are only allowed to have an office visit with this doctor if you make her your primary physician, in which case she says you must have a physical with her. Included in this physical is a chest X-ray, a first in my book. When I received the paperwork from the insurance company there were several things they were denying payment on, things she did not even perform during our appointment. Untrustworthy, does not have patients interests at heart, should be investigated.

Great physician show details Great physician
by Mike on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Gafanovich has been my Internist for quite a while, and I can't say a single bad word about her. There was a period of "limited access" while she had her premises renovated, but it's through, and it's worth it. I get a concierge-style care even without enrolling into her direct care program. The doc always listens to my concerns and is prompt in finding a relief.

Absolutely satisfied show details Absolutely satisfied
by Tom B. on Jan 31st, 2013

I found her online giving credit for some stellar reviews and feedback. The doctor is indeed a very caring and passionate professional. I got my results back in time. Like the previous reviewer, I noticed she focuses on preventative medicine (i.e., health annual check ups) rather than in-depth health care. Which is exactly what I demand from my PCP. She refers to the best specialists if needed. So far, I have nothing to complain about and will keep Dr. Gafanovich as my Internist.

Pretty Good Experience show details Pretty Good Experience
Jan 18th, 2013

I've been to Dr. Gafanovich a few times in the past two years. It's easy to get an appointment, which is great. I think she's good for a basic exam, and she is patient / listens. But if there's anything more complex, I'm not so sure. Also, as part of the exam you get a EKG. You are asked to leave the exam room (in your paper gown) dragging all of your belongings to get to and from the EKG room. Especially awkward since you have to pass by the waiting room! Overall I think she is a good, caring doctor. I do wish they'd figure out a different process for the EKG.

A doc that I trust show details A doc that I trust
Aug 31st, 2012

Dr. Gafanovich is very amiable young health guru who adores her patients. She is one of these few doctors that "personify" health care rather than dealing with "volume" and "numbers". She shows respect, courtesy and devotion. Thanks.

Nice and easy show details Nice and easy
Jun 14th, 2012

I had a very smooth experience with this doctor. I had some issues with the refills, but nothing in this world is perfect, after all.

Nice and easy show details Nice and easy
Jun 14th, 2012

I don't have much time for tests and checkups, so I completely rely on Dr. Gafanovich and that proved to be a good tactic. She is very professional and good-mannered.

Just What I am Looking For show details Just What I am Looking For
May 11th, 2012

I have had a most positive experience with Dr. Gafanovich to date. I was previously a patient in a large UES practice, and was getting lost in the shuffle. I started to do some research and fund Dr. Gafanovich's practice. Called for an appointment expecting the usual 10 - 15 minutes on the phone till I spoke to a live person - they answered on the FIRST ring. Went for my appointment today for my initial physical. They were pleasant, extremely competent and thorough.Then I saw the doctor. Doctor Gafanovich listened to me, gave me some thoughts and scheduled her follow up. Very calming and reassuring. Talked to me calmly and intelligently with her full attention, not like another doctor I used to know who talked while typing on the computer or blackberry and saying how great it was to multi task.Glad to be here with this caring and dedicated practice. Forgot to mention the marvelous tech - I am a longtime allergy patient and used to shots. Never even felt the needle for the blood draw. Five stars all the way!!

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
Apr 10th, 2012

I completely disagree with previous reviewers. In my opinion, she is a very honest and diligent Internist. True, she has a lot of patients. True, she cares about her patients and ask them to do an annual physical exam, which by the way is an excellent prevention tool. It is not uncommon to get an after-hours call with my lab tests. I do recommend Dr. Marina Gafanovich.

Experience show details Experience
Mar 18th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Gafanovich has always been great. Yes, she offers to do all kinds of tests and exams, but that's all covered by my insurance plan, so I rather prefer to stay on the safe side than sorry. The personnel is very friendly and corteous.

Not addressing patient's needs show details Not addressing patient's needs
Mar 5th, 2012

Doctor's office personell tried to pressure me into taking all sorts of exams I did not want to take - all of which necessitated extra payment. I only wanted to get an annual physical as i feel healthy and need to cut down on expenses.

Passionate doctor show details Passionate doctor
Nov 7th, 2011

I can't help loving Dr. Gafanovich. From the first to the last minute of my visit I find myself enclosed in a warm and friendly atmosphere of "care". It is her ultimate advantage that she keeps her office "home-style". No tension, no stress, you simply relax and even have fun. This does not take her excellent skills by any means!

Nice attitude, attention, and professionalism. show details Nice attitude, attention, and professionalism.
Oct 31st, 2011

I had a kind of stomach illness and was constantly suffering from nausea, weakness, and heartburn. Following the recommendation of my acquainted I visited an NY internist Marina Gafanovich. After her course of treatment I was back to normal life again I became stronger and have a lot of energy. I never regret Im her patient. Thank you for your nice attitude, attention, and professionalism.

Oct 5th, 2011

Following an ad campaign in Russian newspapers I decided to try Dr. Gafanovich. I have scheduled my appointment in advance during my lunch hour and provided my Insurance Card number so the office could complete the paperwork in order to minimize my waiting time. I arrived at the office and started waiting. In 10-15 min the office worker told me that most likely my insurance will not cover the lab because I already utilized $ 300 out of my $400 allowance and the lab tests could costs more than $1000. That was a complete shock to me as I did not recall doing my physical exam this year. The office worker was holding some paperwork in her hands without showing it to me and did not even ask me if I would like to see the doctor anyway. There was no concern about the patient. I felt absolutely humiliated. I called my insurance after I got back to work and the agent told me that she is not aware about the limits to the number of the blood tests that I could get done and that everything that the office worker told me was false. What does not make sense though how the Best Dr. in Manhattan could allow that patients are treated in such a disrespectful manner?

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr Gafanovich failed to tailor her services to fit each client. She did not ask follow up questions when I brought up concerns. She recommended multiple expensive tests without using her medical judgement.

Caring physician show details Caring physician
Aug 26th, 2011

A very knowledgeable and ABLE physician in Upper East Side. Her office is streamlined and it's extremely easy to book appointments, get lab results, prescriptions, important notifications and even birthday greetings. The doctor takes her time to listen to the problem despite the waiting line.Her speech is firm and confident that itself produces a healing effect. Would recommend to anybody looking for an Internist that is up to date with the technology and yet remains on a personal level.

One of the best physicians show details One of the best physicians
Aug 11th, 2011

Dr. Marina Gafanovich is extremely thorough in her examinations and precise in treatments and medication that she prescribes. She is possessed by primary care, and is proactive in her research and recommendations. She sends out birthday cards too :-) Marina takes a "on-the-same-page" approach and is very easy to communicate with.I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Gafanovich as a person who can take care of any health issues. She will be your friend who will provide high-quality medical services. My mother and brother just moved in New York, and there's one thing that is certain for them - the doctor.

In my opinion, did not listen to a word I said show details In my opinion, did not listen to a word I said
Jul 25th, 2011

Very unsatisfied with the communication. Will never be going back.

The doctor should be like this show details The doctor should be like this
Jul 11th, 2011

First of all I liked her professional attitude she makes everything quickly and carefully you can say at once that this person has a very solid professional experience. Secondly I liked her like a personality very strong and confident in herself but at the same time kind and openhearted. In my opinion the doctor should be like this.

The first thing I do show details The first thing I do
by Anonymous on Jul 11th, 2011 on doctor.com

If something is wrong with my health the first thing I do is calling to my favorite doctor internist Marina Gafanovich. I like her very much she is a ...

My doctor for 3 years show details My doctor for 3 years
Jun 28th, 2011

Dr Gafanovich is adorable. She will keep an eye on your medical needs even when you are ou of her office to produce the impression of "complete safety". This is some devotion. I will certainly recommend the services of this New York Internist to all my friends (I did already, actually) and colleagues. By the way, the date of my annual physical is soon..

Jun 13th, 2011

My husband went to this doctor's office because he had pain in his right ear and a headache. It was Sunday evening but doctor was at her office. She examined him carefully and said that it is earwax blockage and made an ear irrigation. After this procedure my husband felt much better and his hearing was back. Thank You doctor!

My recommendation show details My recommendation
by Anonymous on Jun 13th, 2011 on doctor.com

My friends recommended me to visit Dr. Gafanovich and I'm glad they did so. The perspective of complicated and difficult procedure of treatment scar ...

Best MD in New York show details Best MD in New York
by Anonymous on Jun 13th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I'm satisfied with price\quality ratio. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff is always ready to help, the attitude towards patients is gr ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
They know what they do, really. show details They know what they do, really.
by Anonymous on May 10th, 2011 on doctor.com

When my blood pressure drops I can do nothing. I lie like a log. I couldn’t hold it anymore. So I consulted the new york doctors my friend told me a ...

My NY doctor show details My NY doctor
May 10th, 2011

One day I woke up with a terrible pain in my stomach. I thought thoroughly about evth I ate the previous night. Nothing special, pasta, vine, vegetable. What could it be? When the pain eased a little bit, I got dressed and went to my ny doctor. She checked it, asked me questions, nothing really could cause it. Im always very careful with the food. By that time the pain was gone and I went home. Time and a little bit of money wasted but I do not feel sorry. Its better to spend some time and money to be on the safe side instead of dying in your own bed from pain.

My migraine turned me mad. show details My migraine turned me mad.
by Anonymous on May 10th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

My migraine turned me mad. The drug my old doc told me to take didnt help. So I visited that new doctor a friend of mine recommended me. New pills pre ...

New York MD show details New York MD
May 8th, 2011

After my husband was released from Presbyterian Hospital in early January, we decided to finally switch to an Internal Medicine doctor affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical Center. We called around and were recommended to Dr. Gafanovich who was receiving new patients at the time. At first, we were apprehensive because she is young. Good thing we kept that first appointment. Dr. Gafanovich is very knowledgeable and she explained everything in great details. She spent a good 1/2 hour for the first visit. After that first visit, my husband (who has Mesenteric panniculitis, GI problems, Raynaud's Syndrome, etc.) was convinced to switch from his doctor of over 20 years unaffiliated with Weill Cornell to Dr. Gafanovich. He has since gone back to Dr. Gafanovich twice and we believe he's in good hands with Dr. Gafanovich now.

Best NYC doctor show details Best NYC doctor
by Anonymous on Apr 25th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

When I felt there was sth wrong with my lungs, Ive decided to visit a doctor. But I do not like the hospitals, they make me sick. So I searched on the ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
NYC doctor you can trust show details NYC doctor you can trust
by Anonymous on Apr 8th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I think Dr. Gafanovich is a great internist. One reason there is an occasional wait is that if you have a problem, she will spend his time to talk yo ...

Top Manhattan Physician show details Top Manhattan Physician
Mar 26th, 2011

I am on Medicare and I had been used to less than perfect care given to me by my previous Upper East Side doctors. I truly thank my friend who referred me to Dr. Gafanovich. Now I am sure I am in caring hands. Dr. Gafanovich is always so attentive and kind to my concerns, although I take more of her time than her regular patient. Thank you so much, and keep it up, doc!

My personal opinion show details My personal opinion
by Anonymous on Mar 23rd, 2011 on doctor.com

I am seing Doctor Mariana Gafanovich during my pregnancy. Luckily I havent had any complications, so my review is limited to the fact that she is easy ...

My recommendation show details My recommendation
by Anonymous on Mar 17th, 2011 on doctor.com

I feel extremely uncomfortable around needles. I have once earlier fainted when I got a shot. I was therefore not very happy when I had to get vacinat ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Our family doctor show details Our family doctor
by Anonymous on Mar 16th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I can't describe how happy I am to have Dr. Gafanovich as our family doctor. She is always so careful and precise in her treatments. I never wait ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
My doctor and a friend show details My doctor and a friend
Mar 11th, 2011

My roommate referred me to Dr. Gafanovich after I moved to New York in September. Normally, I dread doctors visits, but Dr. Gafanovich was so warm and caring, yet so professional, she put me at ease. And never have I had an annual go so fast!

Local Highlight show details Local Highlight
by Anonymous on Mar 5th, 2011 on doctor.com

Great eye doctor. So very nice and gentle. Really takes her time with you and answers any questions you might have. Highly recommended.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Thank you! show details Thank you!
by Anonymous on Mar 5th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I think very highly of Dr. Gafanovich who I use as my diabetes specialist. She takes the time to download data off my medical devices so she can track ...

Mar 2nd, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is truly remarkable. I will never forget a time during an Easter Holiday when I was concerned about a swollen gland on my neck. She took time from her personal day off to check me out. She is extremely personable and always willing to give helpful advice to me and my entire family. She is a down to earth physician with a great sense of humor.

by James A. on Feb 25th, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is a great internal medicine and GP. She takes the time to listen to her patients. She works to get a full medical history, and does not stop until she figures out what the problem is. If she refers you onto a specialist, she stays up to date on your case. She truly is a physician who cares.

Thank you! show details Thank you!
Feb 20th, 2011

I never ever write reviews, but I had to in this case. I was referred to Dr. Gafanovich during a very critical illness - one caused by an allergic reaction. In short, Dr. Gafanovich saved my life. If it wasn't for her attentiveness, my weekly visits, bloodwork & monitoring, constant referrals to specialists that I needed to see, if it wasn't for her extensive knowledge, encouraging words, and most importantly, her calm demeanor , I would not re: the seriousness of my conditionbe here to write this review (no exaggeration:). My former Internist of 15 yrs was great when I was in perfect health but non-existent once I got sick. I am so grateful Dr. Gafanovich stepped in and saw me through the worst - every step of the way. She and her staff are the best!

5 stars! show details 5 stars!
Feb 10th, 2011

We have been under the care of Dr. Gafanovich since she arrived at her New York Office on the Upper East Side in 2008. We consider ourselves very fortunate. Dr. Gafanovich is caring, compassionate, and friendly. She has a way of explaining her diagnoses in very simple language, which puts us very much at ease. When we had a crisis, she promptly gave us her mobile telephone number and asked us to call day or night if we needed her. I have recommended her to many friends. Thank you!!

Highly recommended show details Highly recommended
Feb 8th, 2011

Dr. Gafanovich is very skilled, patient and intelligent. Like all doctors, she is very busy, but I never feel unusually rushed. In addition, the office through which she works is the most efficient I've ever visited. I've never waited more than ten minutes for an appointment, and they are usually ready to see me at my scheduled time. Her referrals have always been good as well.