Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Dec 3rd, 2012

Wish I would have read the first reviewers account before going to Dr. Balle! It could have been written by me!! I had the EXACT same experience. My skin cancer looked like 2 pinpricks, yet he took off a quarter size of tissue. Thank goodness there was a plastic surgeon who could see me in another location, but how was I to know if he was good? I agree---I don't think he cares about the patient. He likes to take off a huge chunk, so he doesn't have to repeat the procedure. Also, we had to wait 3 hours to find out he wasn't able to close the wound, including 2 hours to find out the sample was clear. Initially, he said a Resident would do it, which I told him I was not comfortable with. Anyone can use a scalpel to take off the cancer, the way he did. Stay away from this guy!

Nov 17th, 2012

Would not recommended Dr. Balle. While he seemed knowledgable regarding the MOHS technique and he was quick to take the case, he seemed to care very little about what the final outcome would be in terms of my face. Dr. Balle smiled and shook hands but there was no clear sense that he actually cared for the patient as a person. Once the MOHS indicated the cell margin was clear, immediately the staff treated me differently. Dr. Balle hastily showed me the wound which was much larger than explained or anticipated. When I attempted to ask a question, I was told abruptly that the wound now became the repsonsibility of the plastic surgeon, handed my clothes, and literally rushed out of Balle's office. They had made their money and were done with me. Or maybe they were ready for lunch. No stopping to help me assess the extent of the wound or how best to proceed. Of utmost important, when I first called deciding between U of M and Dr. Balle, I was never told the plastic surgeon across the hall who they said I could so easily go to for reconstructive surgery the same day if needed was a hand surgeon and did not specialize in facial cosmetic surgery. If I had been given that information, I would definitely have thought twice about using Dr. Balle. I am sorry I did not go to U of M. and that I chose Henry Ford. It's been a very disturbing experience so far, and I am left with disfigurement that may be worse than it had to be. A smaller point, but important - after reading others' experiences, I realize the dispension of local anasthetic need not have been as painful as it was. The local was not given in such a way to keep the pain from being severe, either between layers or before I was rushed over to the cosmetic surgeon.

Sep 26th, 2012

Liked Dr. Balle very much !