Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists
Video profile
594 Valley Rd
Montclair, NJ 07043
973-746-6711
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A doctor you CAN talk to.  |  show details
by JoAnn J. on Jul 19th, 2013

Dr. Faber is the kind of doctor who actually takes his time and really listens to you . He is very knowledgeable about current issues in psychiatry. He actually takes time to listen to parents who have issues with their children. He takes a conservative approach to medication, particularly when it comes to young children. He is also an outstanding presenter for professional organizations on any number of topics relevant to psychiatry today. He is very much in demand as a speaker

|  President of the Wayne Special Parents Association and Chair of the Passaic County Disability Committee  |  show details
by Beth Marmolejos on Jan 23rd, 2013

Doctor Faber is an extraordinary and outstanding doctor. After taking my son to several doctors trying to get help for his outburst and disruptive behavior, I finally was able to find a doctor that knew right away what medications to put my son on to be able to control his out of control behavior. We didn’t need to try a lot of different medications which can be expensive and frustrating; Dr. Faber prescribed the right medications for my son during our 1st visit. As a result of his intervention, my son was able to transition from a self-contained class to an inclusive class. In addition, when my son transitioned to middle school two years ago I was very worried about the change but, the medications that Dr. Faber provided to my son were sooo effective that he has been in the middle school honor roll for two straight years in a general education class. I am amazed and totally taking back by how different things are going for my son at school nowadays. It is truly a miracle!!! That being said, this miracle would not have happened if it wasn’t for the FANTASTIC job and the treatment that Dr. Faber put my son on. Our family feel very bless that we found Dr. Faber, who is so exceptional, deeply cares and provides the support that Matthew needs to excel at school.

|  show details
Nov 20th, 2011

This guy acted very inappropriately, and told me that he hadn't ever seen a patient that acted like me (condescendingly).

|  Excellent psychiatrist  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

overall an excellent doctor. He really seems to know his stuff and enjoys his field. He schedules his own appointments and even has late hours. He provided feedback to our family doctor and ordered , interpreted necessary tests. Overall an excellent treatment experience.

|  Not the brightest bulb in the box, but...  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

...needs to challenge more intelligently and directly than offer platitudes. Specializes in child psych really, although is interested in sleep disorders. My sleep clinic results did not help him in diagnosis, only ruled out whether I stopped breathing more than normal. A very nice guy. Does call back immediately if you have a medicinal or other crisis.

|  Helped me in a bad time.  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

I had a lot of problems at once with depression and anxiety. He was a big help.

|  show details
Jun 17th, 2009

Dr Faber cares for my son for almost a year.He is always very helpful, and does not force any treatment. He gives us options and information about the different choices available. He also referred us to great programs. I would highly recommend him.

|  Bad Doctor, Choose Another  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2009

Dr.Faber misdiagnosed my child, would not come clean and created unnecessary stress, the one thing he is suppose to reduce. He seems more interested in talking than listening. He clearly is in this for the money and not putting the child first. Consider another doctor.