Dr. Mark Slovenkai MD Patient Reviews

3.6

April 10th, 2016
Dr. Slovenkai was recommended to me by my knee Ortho. I did find the wait period to be reasonable. The surgery of a triple arthedesis went well but my foot was set off to one side, so I don't walk with a straight foot. I was very disappointed. I chose not to go back to him because, I didn't find him to be someone who would be still and listen.

December 2nd, 2015
He operated on my fallen arch and did a great job. Very nice Dr. with good bedside manners. I may need to have the other foot done. I will go back because I had a positive experience.

April 8th, 2015
Great results with ankle surgery.

October 1st, 2014
Had 2 successful ankle surgeries
He's a great doctor, in my opinion. He operated on my ankle tendons. I thought I might've needed a 3rd surgery but he advised me conservatively to use the boot for 6 weeks and see how it went. He was right. It healed on its own. I have nothing negative to say about his bedside manner, surgical skills, staff, or anything. He was great in my opinion and I would very comfortably use him again if needed.

May 15th, 2014
Ankle Replacement
Dr. Slovenkai performed an ankle replacement on my right ankle three years ago. He was great to work with and always very responsive. I have had no issues with the ankle since then. I would recommend him highly.l

October 16th, 2013
excellent experiencce
after seeing three surgeons in springfield, ma dr. solvenkai was recommended and on my first visit he pointed out and explained things that were going on with my ankle that no one had even mentioned. I had ankle replacement three months ago and things are going well. Have been sought out or contacted by several people that have had fusion and I'm glad I went with dr. solvenkai and total ankle replacement.

August 31st, 2013
Just doesn't care about patient
After waiting for 60 min, I had 7 min appointment, during which Dr. Slovenkai seemed to be in such a rush to leave the room from the minute he walked in, that I almost felt guilty asking questions. I asked if physical therapy exercises would help to increase range of motion in my previously injured foot , he quickly dismissed it (clearly didn't have time to talk about it), suggested cortisone shots if pain bothered me, and decidedly wrapped up the conversation. He was NOT interested to discuss any options beyond cortisone shots that were completely unnecessary since I don't have a severe pain and just want to increase range of motion. My insurance paid him for this "appointment". I went to another doctor, who sent me to physical therapy, which helped a lot and apparently is a common way to improve the range of mobility of the injured foot. Doesn't care about his patients.

May 30th, 2013
Glad he was able to help me, worth the trip to boston
Love the work he does, No one in my area can ever get me relief, Was going for an ankle replacement, but because of damage needed the dreed fusion. Have more movement than I ever thought possible. Still some pain, but he explained there is nothing else to do. Follow ups were scheduled only when needed after the healing of surgery. Which I like, seeing I am not from the area. He is very pleasant but sometimes rushed.

August 8th, 2012
Horrible results
i had 2 separate foot surgeries with this surgeon who was reportedly the best foot surgeon in Boston. After 10 months I still have horrendous pain, the problem is not resolved, and I am looking at a lifetime of disability and inability to walk. When attempting to discuss my post-op concerns his answer was, "I did my job". There was no after care, no follow-up plan, no rehab.....nothing. Basically he washed his hands of me as a person and his patient. Over the course of my 2 surgeries with multiple appointments I was NEVER seen before waiting an HOUR or more for my appointment then got just minutes of his time. Is he a skilled surgeon? Perhaps, but I would never recommend him to anyone!

March 23rd, 2012
failed plan of care
Excellent surgeon technically. Horrible follow-up care. Spends very little time with patients and does not listen to their concerns. Does not evaluate the plan of care and make changes accordingly. Bad outcome. Would not recommend him. What good is good surgery if the lack of good follow-up delays your healing?

March 16th, 2012
Ankle replacement
Dr. Slovenkai is a superb surgeon, does all his own surgery, does what he says he can do. He is extremely busy, his office staff could be more helpful but I went to him because of his skill, not theirs. He took a completely shattered and destroyed foot of a 62 year old, all frozen with arthritis and scar tissue, cleaned everything out, aligned it straight and provided a titanium prosthesis. Thank you so much for saving my walking future. Can't say enough about how amazing this is.

October 31st, 2011
Ankle pain
hes the best surgeon i have ever been to. nobody seem to know why my ankle was hurting so much and he literally found the problem and fixed it. i can finally run agiai.:) Thank you Dr Slovenkai!!