Dr. Mark Slovenkai Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Slovenkai?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. Mark Slovenkai?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 2nd, 2015

He operated on my fallen arch and did a great job. Very nice Dr. with good bedside manners. I may need to have the other foot done. I will go back because I had a positive experience.

October 1st, 2014

Had 2 successful ankle surgeries

He's a great doctor, in my opinion. He operated on my ankle tendons. I thought I might've needed a 3rd surgery but he advised me conservatively to use the boot for 6 weeks and see how it went. He was right. It healed on its own. I have nothing negative to say about his bedside manner, surgical skills, staff, or anything. He was great in my opinion and I would very comfortably use him again if needed.

May 15th, 2014

Ankle Replacement

Dr. Slovenkai performed an ankle replacement on my right ankle three years ago. He was great to work with and always very responsive. I have had no issues with the ankle since then. I would recommend him highly.l

October 16th, 2013

excellent experiencce

after seeing three surgeons in springfield, ma dr. solvenkai was recommended and on my first visit he pointed out and explained things that were going on with my ankle that no one had even mentioned. I had ankle replacement three months ago and things are going well. Have been sought out or contacted by several people that have had fusion and I'm glad I went with dr. solvenkai and total ankle replacement.

August 31st, 2013

Just doesn't care about patient

After waiting for 60 min, I had 7 min appointment, during which Dr. Slovenkai seemed to be in such a rush to leave the room from the minute he walked in, that I almost felt guilty asking questions. I asked if physical therapy exercises would help to increase range of motion in my previously injured foot , he quickly dismissed it (clearly didn't have time to talk about it), suggested cortisone shots if pain bothered me, and decidedly wrapped up the conversation. He was NOT interested to discuss any options beyond cortisone shots that were completely unnecessary since I don't have a severe pain and just want to increase range of motion. My insurance paid him for this "appointment". I went to another doctor, who sent me to physical therapy, which helped a lot and apparently is a common way to improve the range of mobility of the injured foot. Doesn't care about his patients.

May 30th, 2013

Glad he was able to help me, worth the trip to boston

Love the work he does, No one in my area can ever get me relief, Was going for an ankle replacement, but because of damage needed the dreed fusion. Have more movement than I ever thought possible. Still some pain, but he explained there is nothing else to do. Follow ups were scheduled only when needed after the healing of surgery. Which I like, seeing I am not from the area. He is very pleasant but sometimes rushed.

August 8th, 2012

Horrible results

i had 2 separate foot surgeries with this surgeon who was reportedly the best foot surgeon in Boston. After 10 months I still have horrendous pain, the problem is not resolved, and I am looking at a lifetime of disability and inability to walk. When attempting to discuss my post-op concerns his answer was, "I did my job". There was no after care, no follow-up plan, no rehab.....nothing. Basically he washed his hands of me as a person and his patient. Over the course of my 2 surgeries with multiple appointments I was NEVER seen before waiting an HOUR or more for my appointment then got just minutes of his time. Is he a skilled surgeon? Perhaps, but I would never recommend him to anyone!

March 23rd, 2012

failed plan of care

Excellent surgeon technically. Horrible follow-up care. Spends very little time with patients and does not listen to their concerns. Does not evaluate the plan of care and make changes accordingly. Bad outcome. Would not recommend him. What good is good surgery if the lack of good follow-up delays your healing?

October 31st, 2011

Ankle pain

hes the best surgeon i have ever been to. nobody seem to know why my ankle was hurting so much and he literally found the problem and fixed it. i can finally run agiai.:) Thank you Dr Slovenkai!!

October 12th, 2010

Figured out what the issue was with my ankle. Gave me a realistic view of recovery period. Now I am walking normally again.

April 14th, 2010

disappointed

I have been to this office a few times for ankle problems. Both times I waited over an HOUR in the waiting room. Then, when I finally saw the Dr. he quickly came in moved my ankle and said I was good to go. He didn't ask me questions, nor did I feel he spent enough time with me especially given the amount of time I waited just to see him.

February 1st, 2010

Went to Dr. Slovenkai for a second opinion. He simply reiterated what the first doctor said - using a total of 15 words - that he agreed with the previous doctor...is there anything else? And for that, my insurance company was charged $400.00.I expected more elaboration, a more detailed analysis. As it turns out, both opinions were wrong. But perhaps if Slovenaki had actually *studied* the CT scans and XRays a bit more thoroughly as opposed to going through the motions, perhaps he would've been able to give a more appropriate diagnosis. Perhaps an off day...but he was a huge disappointment to me. I most certainly felt as though he could not be bothered with giving me more than five minutes of his time. I think it was actually less than that...