Dr. Martin Kolsky MD Patient Reviews

• 14 reviews

October 18th, 2016
Great Doctor Knowledgeable. Patiently explains your condition. Answers all questions and concerns. Very nice.

August 24th, 2016
Controller
I actually had to laugh, his waiting room is very crowded, but then he takes insurance which the other two in the DC area do not. When I was waiting, I was reading and had my head down. He came into the waiting room and said You, Hey You. I finally looked up and realized he was talking to me. I think his staff was very efficient; he called them on the intercom and barked orders as to which doctors he wanted contacted and he expected immediate results from them. I hope he pays them well.

February 25th, 2016
This doctor is politely rude!!
I'll be looking for a new doctor. As soon as you arrive, hang your coat up, have a seat and BAM!, Dr. Kolsky calls you up and orders you to hold your head back and open your eyes. Next thing you know your eyes are being dilated. This doctor, in the 5 minute visit with him, does not listen to his patients. I asked about reading glasses and told him which strength works for me and without eye contact he asked my age and wrote the bifocal prescription for a much stronger strength. This would be my first time trying bifocals, but I think I'll wait until I find a new doctor. Maybe the chaos today was because the practice was seemingly overbooked. I heard a member of the staff saying a patient was asking when she would finish - she had been thete since 10 that morning! I appreciate professionalism, but this doctor is politely rude! I just left today so I'm still perturbed by my visit!

January 11th, 2016
Failed retinal surgery
My case is complicated--a retinal hole appeared in my left eye due to the failure of surgery performed by Dr. Reginald Sanders--but Dr. Kolsky had NOTHING to say about the hole on my retina and no recommendations for repair. He stated nothing about the reason for the surgical failure or recommendations on how to repair the problem in my eye., In five subsequent years, the remaining vision in my left and right eyes has steadily disappeared and Dr. Kolsky still has nothing to say---and I mean nothing--about what the original problem with the retinal surgery was or how my eye could be fix. And, I mean NOTHING. I will show you his visit reports. They say NOTHING.

September 1st, 2015
Quick, to the point, and accurate.

July 23rd, 2015
Great Dr.!
Love him!!!!!

October 17th, 2014
Current Patient
I was impressed by the quality of care, professionalism of all his staff and the sincere way of dealing with me as a patient. Dr. Kolsky was right on target, helped me in more ways that I expected and went out of his way to accommodate some of my immediate needs. Wholeheartedly recommend him. A true caring doctor.

November 29th, 2011
Fine Doctor, Too Busy
I really can't say enough about the excellence of Dr. Kolsky. I think he is wonderful -- once you get in to see him. It is a long wait to get an appointment and once you get there, you sit for quite a while. I don't think his office and his office staff is very well organized. I continued to see him because he really knows what he is doing, goes the extra mile to obtain an accurate diagnosis and is a kind and caring man. I wish there were several of him so that the wait time wasn't so long.

August 23rd, 2011
I am a doctor and, as such, will choose to receive care from the best available. Dr. Kolsky brings to the table a tremendous combination of clinical excellence and experience and gennuine care for his patients.

August 15th, 2011
Worst office staff
I have never seen a more disorganized office staff in a doctor's office. If you want to have problems with your bill after you go for an annual eye exam this is the place. They will charge you a medical visit even if you are just going for a regular eye exam. They were charging me $300 dollars that I had to pay out-of-pocket because of this problem. If you are not in pain and this is not a medical visit avoid this doctor.

May 24th, 2011
Unfortunately, Dr. Kolsky's office staff has deteriorated over the years. The last time I visited his office, I waited for almost two hours, and I think poor scheduling had a lot to do with the problem.

March 8th, 2011
Caring, Knowledgeable and Gets Results
I found out about my MS from Dr. Kolsky. His level of attention to my case was beyond anything I had experienced previously in my healthcare. He took a very thorough history and pulled together a team (personally called my other doctors) to ensure that I had the right tests scheduled and they were coordinated in helping me through the disease. His team was very efficient in getting me insurance approvals for tests etc. during that single visit. I couldn't have asked for more.