Dr. Martin Omalley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 11th, 2016
ankle replacement
I can honestly say, Dr.O'Malley completely changed my life for the better. I was on crutches for years and now, I am, basically, crutch free. I truly appreciate his gentle bedside manner and empathy toward my situation. He was worth the wait!

April 25th, 2016
So glad I found this doctor!!
I know Dr. O'Malley works on a lot of professional athletes but he never made me feel as if I was less important than his high profile clients. He is personable, knowledgable, and has alway made me feel like he genuinely cares about me and my recovery Yes, there is always a wait in his office but Dr. O'Malley is worth the wait.

March 29th, 2016
Best at HSS
Consummate professional, his medical associates and assistants excellent. Strongly recommend. If he is not available a partner will see you.

October 6th, 2015
Take your time in the evaluation
Rushes through his evaluation and before you know it you are scheduled for surgery. Unless your career involves wearing a sports Jersey expect to feel like cattle.

April 17th, 2015
it's a new me!
I waited 45 years for a new ankle joint, and I am totally delighted with Dr. O.

April 14th, 2015
Wait time was one entire day. Time with the actual doctor was about 10 minutes who was indifferent. I found this to be a very unsatisfactory experience that was also extremely expensive since he did not take insurance. Now I will need another opinion which I have scheduled. Doctor is "full of himself", to quote an old saying. Office is terrible.

February 3rd, 2015
A national expert who is very approachable, and listens to your concerns. Offers cutting edge treatment.

January 24th, 2015
Too aggressive. Does not think about what is right for that patient. Too quick to operate. Bad experience resulted in major consequences

May 11th, 2014
Buyer Beware
I cannot think of this surgeon without getting angry, and have nothing but disdain for him and his staff. I was unfortunate enough to suffer a life-threatening complication post surgery, but did they take any responsibility, no. Instead, when his office was notified, i received a phone call from Dr O'Malley asking, 'what did you do wrong'. He did make the effort to come and see me at the hospital, which i thought was a nice gesture, but then he proceeded to speak at me through the bathroom door. Very classy. There was never an acknowledgement that him or his staff did anything wrong, he was just straight into protection mode. And what's worse, I also had a poor surgical result and have needed more surgery since. Overall, an extremely bad experience.

October 18th, 2013
excellent surgeon
Dr OMalley is wonderful!!!!!!! He is an amazing surgeon--after another doc ruined my foot, he did all he could to repair it!!! Unfortunately, because he's a surgeon he spends MOST days in the operating room so you have to wait to get a call from him, but its worth it. OFFICE STAFF is superb and very helpful

June 25th, 2013
Excellent Doctor, skilled, knowledgable, caring & compassionate
Dr. O'Malley is a great surgeon. He is very skilled and knowledgable. He is caring and compassionate. He cares greatly about the patient and their quality of life. I have been a patient since 2005 and he did numerous surgeries, trying everything he possibly could to fix another doctor's mistake. He does whatever he can to make sure you are not in pain, especially after surgery. He follows up. He gives you his email address so you can contact him with any immediate concerns and gets back to you very quickly. Some of his office help is very helpful (Ryan, Tisha, and Missy (PA), but others can be very rude and not helpful at all. I always ask for one of the above three, otherwise it can be hard to get an appointment when convienent for you (I travel 3 hours to see Dr. O'Malley). The three mentioned staff will do everything they can to accommodate you, others in the office, not so much and can get rude at times. Wait times can be long, but that is because Dr. O'Malley will spend time with you. He tends to overbook sometimes. I don't recommend going on one of his surgery days, as you could literally wait hours to see him as he will see you between surgical cases. Make sure to go a non surgical day so you have plenty of time with him. I would recommend him to anyone who has foot/ankle problems. He is one of America's Top Doctors for a reason! He is worth traveling 3 hours for and the sometimes long wait. Wouldn't see anyone else for foot/ankle issues!

April 3rd, 2013
Great Surgeon and Compassionate Person
After having numerous procedures with Dr. O'Malley over the past few years I can say that I agree with other reviews here that he needs to tighten the reigns with his office staff - they are all very pleasant ... but disorganized. Unfortunately they are responsible for organizing him in respect to returning patient calls which doesn't often happen. Their fault - not his. As for Dr. O'Malley, he is a very talented surgeon and a compassionate and empathetic person. He looks for the least invasive and most conservative solutions first and understands the impact of an injury on a persons life. During my most recent surgery in February, Dr O'Malley was attentive, communicative and genuinely concerned about how I was doing while in the hospital and about my expected outcome and I couldn't ask for anything more than how he's been throughout this process. Dr. O'Malley is a great surgeon at a great hospital and if you are lucky enough to live near the NYC area or have the ability to travel, I highly recommend Dr. O'Malley and HSS.