Dr. Mary Finke MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 8th, 2016
Finding another dr after over 20 years
A patient of Dr. Finke for over 20 years, I no longer intend to keep her as my doctor, nor will I recommend her any more. This summer, I was diagnosed for the first time with (LARGE) fibroids by a colleague in her office. Both doctors knew I was leaving to go abroad, yet neither warned me of ANEMIA. I had to go to the emergency room overseas, diagnosis anemia. Upon my return, Dr. Finke recommended surgery. HealthGrades rates her hospital only 1 out of 5 stars for the procedure, so I looked elsewhere. I consulted with 3 outside gynecologists, including a gyn oncologist who ultimately performed my procedure. EVERY one of the outside doctors I consulted thought it VERY ODD that Dr. Finke had never noticed fibroids during my annual check-up in recent years, especially since several were quite large. GOOD BYE.

August 8th, 2016
Very thorough and professional doctor, nice and co-operative. Surely I will recommend her to my friends.

January 25th, 2016
Dr.Finke is OUTSTANDING,

August 26th, 2015
Great Staff. Shocked to have a Endo Biopsy on the spot. No fun at all; but she was as expedient and efficient as possible. Now the waiting game on results.

March 2nd, 2015
Bleeding, and IUD
She is very great doctor, knowledgeable, we like her nurse is a kind nurse. I will recommend her for sure to all my friends.

February 18th, 2015
Comfortable!
Let's face it, us women don't enjoy paps. I needed someone to make me feel comfortable... This was the place. I was not even in the waiting room for ten minutes, I was called back quickly. The nurse was so friendly and sweet. I saw the flow and organization and was highly impressed. I went to meet the doctor in her office (no one does this anymore and I absolutely love it!) prior to my visit. I am terrified of doctors and female visits as I've had pretty terrible experiences by the way. After meeting her she took me to the room is be in and I did the whole visit... She and her nurse took care of everything pretty quickly. I was MORE than comfortable. Doc also told me every move she was about to make. After that I got some results in office (still waiting on blood and pap results) and I was done. She was personable, sweet and knowledgeable and so was the staff. Everything was just wonderful. I was very pleased, will be back, and will recommend.

January 21st, 2015
Amazing physician, office, staff, and experience
Everything about my first visit was amazing. I have honestly never had such a wonderful experience at a doctor's office. Her USMD office is sectioned off making interactions very private. As a new patient, I initially met with her in her personal office to discuss my visit. Then, she led me to the patient room and told me to flip a notification switch when I was changed into the examination cape. The patient room was mildly lit which made me feel incredibly comfortable (given I have body image issues and the "hoo hah" is exposed)! Additionally, her entire office staff was very very nice. Everyone I met was very calm, yet well-paced. I had to switch insurances and hence had to pick a new OBGYN and thankfully I picked Dr. Finke. My experience was so wonderful and I felt very cared for.

February 20th, 2012
RUN!
I went to Dr. Finke in 2008 and she really set the bar for the worst doctor I have ever seen. I was 15 wks pregnant, and had just moved to the area. Dr. Finke came in, did not introduce herself or talk to me, examined me, then said she didn't hear a fetal heartbeat and that I may be having a miscarriage (I've had 2). I was shaken and upset. She brusquely sent me down the hall to get a sonogram while she went on to another patient. I then had to wait in the hall with the results of my sono, waiting to hear if I had lost another baby. She seemed annoyed when I stopped her in the hall and asked her to interpret my sonogram. Then she pulled out a chart and I saw the name and saw it was not my chart--she'd had the wrong one the whole time. Something she would have figured out if she had even asked me my name or anything about me...I gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking everyone has an off day, but I happened to google her and see that she was being sued for excessive use of forcepts that resulted in severe brain damage of an infant--and that she was totally uncaring about it. Then I ran for the hills.

February 7th, 2012
very nurturing and caring throughout the entire pregnancy. her goal was to keep me happy and calm. she always answered my questions. i was not afraid to tell her anything. it is a little hard to get an appointment with her only because she has a lot of patients, but when you make one with her it is well worth it. favorite doctor ive had during pregnancy.

March 28th, 2011
Excellent MD and Nurses
I have seen Dr Finke for the past 14 years. She is fantastic. She always makes her patients feel at ease and always answers questions even the smallest ones with a true caring heart. She cares about her patients and it really shines with this group. Her Nurse Joy is the greatest you could ask for. I love Dr Finke and her staff. I plan to continue my care with her until she retires.

September 24th, 2009
Great Dr
I have gone to Dr. Finke for several years now, and she is wonderful. Her nurses are very knowledgeable and very nice. I do not know why the other reviewer thought otherwise. I have never had to wait for very long in the office. If I arrive early for an appointment, usually they take me in early. Dr. Finke has always answered my questions and she answered them fully!

August 7th, 2008
nice doctor, dumb nurse
I have been going to Dr. Finke for several years. She is very nice, listens, answers questions and SEEMS knowledgable. Although she still can't figure out my health issues and I have questioned some tests that she has made me take or even not take. Her nurse doesn't know a thing and unfortunately if you ever call in with a question, her nurse is the one that calls back.