Dr. Maryann Prewitt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

no change

October 16th, 2015
Horrific patient care
I was referred to her by a friend and being new to the area was thankful for the recommendation. I will NEVER return to her practice. Did bloodwork and "diagnosed" me with vitamin deficiencies to sell me their over priced vitamins and completely ignored the fact that one of my hormone levels was post menopausal (I'm in my 20's). She literally spent no more than 5 minutes explaining the three pages of lab results. I had to ask to find out the results of my Pap smear, which I shouldn't have to do. The cherry on top for me was the fact that my prescription was never ever called into the pharmacy as it was promised it would be. Absolutely disgusted with how I was treated.

October 14th, 2015
Dr. MaryAnn Prewitt
Please know I do not generally take time to write reviews however, I would not even consider this Dr. as competent or professional. In many ways. Don't even waste your time.

August 15th, 2015
Terrible experience
For my first ever appointment of this nature, I had a terrible experience. I used a website where she had 4.5 stars without looking at the ratings from other less biased websites. My total wait time was around 45 minutes, the doctor never introduced herself to me, and the appointment was painful. She told me I'd get a phone call about my results, but what I got instead was a phone cal requiring me to make a follow-up appointment in order to get my results. I was very unsettled by this, so I called back a total of 5 times in order to get my results. I was told various things, such as they couldn't find my results in the computer, the service that allows patients to view their results online was not available, they'd have to have a nurse call me back, they couldn't find the doctor, and finally that the doctor was adamant that I come to my follow-up appointment. At this point I was really worried that they had found something abnormal/pre-cancerous, but they still refused to tell me anything, even that everything was alright. I called one more time the following day and was told they'd call me back. I had little hope, but I prayed specifically that the Lord would take care of it and provide me with my test result that day. Five minutes later I received the phone call and my test results (there is nothing wrong with me). tl;dr: I do not recommend this doctor. She was short with me, didn't introduce herself, and tried to force me into an unnecessary follow-up appointment in order to get more money out of me. They were extremely evasive every time I called to receive my results. Terrible experience.

August 13th, 2015
Could not see a better more professional doctor
I was referred to Dr. Prewitt for a specific issue I was having related to hormones. She listened to my concerns, examined me and then told me what the plan would be. She is an outstanding surgeon, doctor and person. I have referred my mother and sister to her. She is rarely late. If she is..it is because she is in an unexpected surgery. Her staff have always told me in advance and given me the option to reschedule. As far as all the other negative comment.. I have had to see her once sometimes twice a week .. None of it is even remotely true. Sad when people have to make things up. Dr Prewitt is truly an outstanding doctor.

August 13th, 2015
Shes the best
Dr. Prewitt really cares about her patients. She doesnt just get you in and out she really takes time to encourage, educate, and help in any way.

August 7th, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Prewitt for over 20 years. She is so totally dedicated to her patients well being. Dr. Prewitt stays educated on the latest procedures and treatments. She is always responsive and accessible. I feel very cared for and I know that she will be there every step of the way now and in the future. I am grateful to have a Dr. who is open and honest. Everyone needs to know if they can improve their health and fitness. She only wants us to live longer?

August 6th, 2015
Dr. Prewitt is an excellent, caring doctor. I highly recommend her to all of my friends.

August 4th, 2015
wasted an year going to her
I specifically told her that I have thyroid and pcos but she brushed aside everything and started talking about her looks and how wonderfully she maintains her body... her spa and her healthy routine. I also showed her a ultra sound from my home country which said I had pcos but she didn't care to adress it

August 3rd, 2015
Dr. Maryann Prewitt is an amazing doctor!! I have been a patient of hers for 20 years.
I have been a very happy and cared for patient of Dr. Maryann Prewitt's for the last 20 years. I have referred many of my friends and co-workers to her and always will. Frankly, I can honestly say that I owe my life to her. I have had health problems over the years and she has always gotten me through. Her genuine care for her patients is very obvious as well as her vast knowledge of medicine. She is very compassionate and at some of my lowest points of my life, she has been an angel to me. I recently saw her for my annual physical and my being at the age I am, am suffering from many symptoms as a woman that will soon be going into menopause. I have to say, in just the few days since I saw her and finally having the vitamin regimen much needed and a new outlook on my health, I have hope and am looking forward to a new me and a new healthy life. Dr. Maryann Prewitt is the best. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 21st, 2015
No nonsense but extremely caring. Best doctor I've seen.

July 21st, 2015
Vice President
Best first visit to a practice I have ever had! She is extremely concerned about woman's health issues and does not hold back on sharing with you the things you can do to make yourself better. Extremely knowledgeable. Will not hesitate to refer my friends to her.

July 20th, 2015
Dr. Prewitt was very demeaning and critical for getting a second opinion. It was actually quite disturbing and almost irrational.