Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
11970 N Central Expy
Ste 300
Dallas, TX 75243
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Find another physician anorexic practice  |  show details
by fmr pt on Jun 10th, 2014

One never knows which Prewitt will show up. Narcissism reigns supreme here and over rides skill. Will.not go back.

|  I don't usually do this but....  |  show details
May 30th, 2014

Ok here it goes. I have never in my life been so insulted...EVER. I have been seeing a doctor for many years noe that was way out of my area so I decided to look for one closer to me. Unfortunately I ended up here and not only did the exam last about 2 seconds but after informing her I was an esthetician she told me I was just a makeup artist and that estheticians will become obsolete. Now at this very moment I knew I would never be back but her insults and condescending manner continued. She asked me to step into her leopard print office so we could talk, she hand me a few samples of my birth control that I have been taking for years when I asked "did you write me a perscription as well?" To which she replied, "umm yea serety ive been doing this a very long time so im oretty sure I know what im doing" I will never go back nor will I ever recommend her, better yet I will let everyone know to stay away from this god awful place.

May 7th, 2014

Worst Doctor I have ever experienced. She needs professional help!

|  Worst Doctor I've ever been to  |  show details
by Move On on Oct 16th, 2013

I went to her because my daughter and her friends really liked her. What I found is that if you are skinny and in the prime of your life you'll be a great fit for her. I've been to her over 3 years mainly because she will write me prescriptions for what ever I want and give me a lot of free samples. She is so full of herself that she can't give anyone else a compliment. As I'm waiting for her to see me I can hear her tell a 16 year old daughter (that's on a visit with her mom) to get pregnant if her mother doesn't lose weight. I guess that is suppose to inspire the mom to lose weight. Then she see me and ask me when I'm going to lose the inner tube I have around my waist. I'm not in the least overweight and have a completely flat stomach so she must make herself feel better by putting others down. I told her I worked out 9 hrs a week and she didn't think that was enough because she works out 20 hrs a week. She admitted she makes more off her Skin Spa than shes ever made as OBGYN. If she was a good doctor she wouldn't have 20 hrs a week to be working out, she'd have clients with appointments. I thought she looked flabby myself so I guess she needs a new trainer. One visit and most won't ever go back. My daughters and her friends have all moved on too. It's nice to find a new Doctor that has some tack and bedside manner.

|  Love Her!!!!!!but to the point.  |  show details
by T on Jun 12th, 2013

Fabulous Doctor, to the point and very direct but fabulous! I've had no problems with her. Yes, you will have to wait, but I've waited 2 hrs before to see an another OB/GYN what do you expect? That just means they (she) is actually listening to her patients and giving them the attention they need. I love the "no children " policy even though I have 2. Would and have highly recommended her.

|  Direct and to the point  |  show details
May 20th, 2013

Dr. Prewitt is a rare breed--she will actually tell you the truth and not sugar coat it. Yes, she is direct and to the point, but she cares very much about her patients. The people who rated her poorly here were offended by her directness. If you need to lose weight, get in shape, strenthen your core, or eat healthier, she will tell you so, and give you guidance. I recommend her highly.

|  Horrible  |  show details
May 5th, 2013

I came back with an abnormal PAP on my first annual visit with Dr. Prewitt. It turned out I was positive for a strain of HPV that can become pre-cancerous. Naturally, the office called to let me know about the results. In a bubbly voice the young girl who works in the office told me I needed to "Schedule an appointment to make sure there is no cancer." That did not scare me at all! After what I was told by my current doctor was an unnecessary early colposcopy, she recommended a diet plan. What she told me was that I was overweight and if I didn't lose some weight that I "better have all my babies early," because I was going to have cancer. Then, after she basically insults you, she gives you that awful fake smile and hugs you. I do still know many women who go to her and love her. My mom used to be included until she turned 50 and Dr Prewitt recommended she do some routine blood work. After the results came back she proceeded to tell me mother that it wasn't "if she is going to have a heart attack, it's when." She recommended my mom to a cardiologist for a long list of tests. He told her she was fine. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  Run away from this doctor!  |  show details
by Louisa on May 3rd, 2013

Scared me to death saying I needed surgery, and I did not need it. I noticed that this so-called doctor does this with many patients---recommends unneeded ablation and hysterectomy. I decided to leave her after this diagnosis, I went to another doctor who said nothing was found in the MRI in which Dr. Peewit said I has a mass. No surgery. The Medical Board needs to take away this unstable person's license. Please do not listen to this doctor.

by wendy s on Jan 29th, 2013

I am very confident in Dr. Prewitt and she has a wonderful personality/bedside manner. I have not had any issues with her or her staff and in fact they have been friendly and knowledgeable. I have been a pt for a few years and would not want to see another doctor, she is a fantastic doctor,

|  Former Patient  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

Appointments were consistently late. More problematic was her focus and that of her staff during an initial visit during my second pregancy. The focus of the staff and her was on securing a credit card imprint to ensure payment. She was told as was her staff that coverage was complete via my insurance. Nonetheless this was the focus of the visit and not on understanding the challenges of my first pregnancy. I ended up with a different OBGYN.

|  I hate this doctor  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

The only reason I still go to her is because she gives free samples and I'm poor.

|  Unpredictable, Unbalanced, Abusive and Rude  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Prewitt for 4 years and have finally had enough. She can be a good, knowledgeable doctor. But then at times she will prescribe meds without the proper knowledge to how they are supposed to be used (i.e.: hormones and Xanax) then she becomes abusive, when an explanation and help is needed. She definitely overschedules herself. I have found another calmer, more predictable and less emotional gyno.

Sep 6th, 2012

AVOID THIS SHAM OF A "DOCTOR", and I use this term loosely. The only thing greater than the wait time in her office, is her EGO! She thinks she knows more than the FDA and anyone else who has an opinion that differs from hers. The first visit with her she will spend all the time you want, charm you with her "friendliness" and "concern" for your health and problems, give you a hug and you feel like you've found the perfect doctor. THEN, you return, and the real "Dr." Prewitt shows up. If you happen to be an individual with a mind of your own rather than a passive patient who remains silent, she will interrupt you when you try to ask her questions, cut you off when you try to talk, and treat you rudely and totally unprofessional. She forgets things, yet denies she does, makes mistakes and then blames those mistakes on you or others and takes NO responsibility for her actions. Save your life and STAY away from this woman who disguises as a doctor who cares.

|  A Nute Case  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

Dr. P sucked me in at first too. Thought she was caring and concerned. When I questioned her treatment plan she wigged out and threw me out of her practice. The next Dr. I went to told me that the surgery she was prescribing for me was unnecessary. A year later- he has been proven correct. She is a nut and a quack.

|  Avoid this gynecologist  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Excessive wait times. Front office staff must overbook because in every case I have had to wait an hour to be seen (and that is just to get to an exam room). Scheduling is often cancelled with no notice. She never allows you to ask questions. When I approached her about menopausal symptoms and what I could do about it, she said "do you want me to test you or just fix it?" If she had fixed it, I would be fine but she didn't. I found another physician who really cared and now I am much better.

Jan 16th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Prewitt for many years and have referred many of my friends and relatives to her. ALL have had wonderful experiences with her.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Prewitt to anyone. She is a very professional caring person. She will spend as much time with you as you need. A wonderful staff that is very helpful.

|  Professional and Interested  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

I did have to wait, but I always expect to wait when a doctor is good. Dr. Prewitt did not rush her time with me. She is very knowlegeable and I expect her to know more than me!!!! She expects me to follow her directions and if I did not respect her opinion, I would choose another doctor.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

I have gone to this doctor for 3 years now and I have never had a very good experience. The wait time was always at least 40 minutes after my appointment (once I was 45 minutes late for work because I didn't get to see the doctor for my well woman exam until 90 minutes after my appointment.) The doctor always has another nurse in the room during the exam and gossips about this or that patient or another nurse in the office during the entire exam. It is very unprofessional and just really annoying. After all this why do I keep going you may be asking. Well I will tell you it is because they always write my annual prescription short and won't refill it for the last month until I make an appointment. I keep having to make an appointment for my next annual exam to get my last month of birth control. Last time I tried canceling and they told me that if I cancel without rescheduling I will be charged a cancelation fee. Seriously?!?!?! Well next year I will just be using some other form of birth control for the last month and look for a new doctor!

|  Downhill on the Efficiency and Friendliness  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

I, like others, thought she was WONDERFUL the first time I saw her. She was going to fix my problems with menopause symptoms and seemed to give me a lot of time and information. I was sent for bloodwork and tests before she would prescribe HRT. I also told her I was concerned about a very large weight gain in a short time. She told me I just needed to exercise more and that she spends hours a week in the gymn. When I went back for the follow up, she was much more curt and hurried. When the meds she started me on didn't seem to work, she barked at me and prescribed more meds. Some of the ones she prescribed later are the same ones I had told her I had trouble with when I went to the last doctor. I felt like he wasn't listening and now I feel like she thinks that if her treatments dont work it is the patient's fault. I have now had to look for another doctor and start over again. When you first go into her leopard decorated office she tells you you will be a "Prewitt girl". Don't buy it. You will be treated like dirt if you ask any questions or the meds she prescribes cause problems for you. According to her, there are no side effects to worry about. Prewitt girls are all skinny and cute, not over 60 and dealing with weight issues. She will even point out how gorgeous her staff is. They may be unable to explain anything and give you wrong information, but by gosh they are cute.

|  Not a doctor's office  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

I unfortunately read the reviews of this practice on the day of my appointment when looking for directions to the office. This is not a professional doctor's office, but a spa, with a doctor. Dr. Prewitt was pleasant, but the office decor, staff dress, and the entire vibe of the place was weird. It is definitely not the place to visit if you are looking for a "female" doctor.

Jan 16th, 2011

Dr. Prewitt is an excellent & compassionate diagnostician--she determined the cause of my health problems in one visit. I have spent years going to other Gynecologists who did not take my health concerns seriously. I am thankful to have found Dr. Prewitt--who knows what would have happened had I not finally gone to see her.

|  Would keep looking for another gynecologist  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2010

This doctor (and I use the term loosely) gives a whole new meaning to the term "practice". She is nothing short of a fraud. The appointment was "all about her" and very little about the patient. Her ego is way too large and certainly not justified. She prescribed an HRT that was harmful around children and pets, even though we discussed this issue before her prescription. Her office staff give out different info than the doctor and the doctor states that she is smarter than the FDA, even when there is proof behind the FDA findings. She is dangerous and should be avoided.

|  $$ collector  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

Found Dr. Prewitt in Aetna's doctor directory. Every visit the waiting time is over 50 minutes. Most visits she spent < 5 minutes with me, as she tended to have many visits to get one thing done. I finally gave her up.

by mnc on Mar 31st, 2010

I have been to the office several times. The first time I had an hour wait. She spent a long time with me and seemed concerned. I don't mind waiting if the doctor will give you time. However, 2nd time was almost 3 hour wait & didn't not spend much time with me & passed me on to numerous other doctors to get blood work done that she could have done. The last time was over a 2 hour wait because of her "personal business". She was NOT friendly, the whole time she babbled a bunch of knowledge to the nurse that had nothing to do with me(to impress?), never looked at my chart, refused to do bloodwork that nurse recommend based on my symptoms. Doctor's solution was to eat 10 veggies & 5 fruits a day. She forgot to give me my mammogram paperwork. So, I had to go back in and get a nurse & wait again! I spent almost 3 hours for that? Perhaps she is better when she has more time, but every time I've been there she's been at least one hour behind and has gotten progressively more rude. The first visit was good but after that she doesn't seem concerned with your health other than your diet & exercise. Now she seems very rude, uncaring & unprofessional (griping about politics & not doing needed test & taking care of "personal business" while her patients wait for hours).

|  One of the worst!  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2009

Started out great, seemed very careing, service went downhill very quicky. Ended up very rude and unprofessional

|  A trusted friend  |  show details
by Judith L. Alderete on Jul 20th, 2009

Maryann has been my doctor for several years and I adore her. She has broken down the barrier between doctor and patient! I think of her as a trusted friend and confidant. What other doctor gives you a hug?

|  Tells it like it is, with care and concern  |  show details
by Lori Jo on Feb 25th, 2009

I began seeing Dr. Prewitt in June 2005. I knew I had several problems, but didn't want to see a male doctor for female problems. I had 2 friends who had seen her and they had given a good "report".I've never had a better experience! She does believe in parternering with her patients in a care plan and long term planning for regaining health. Dr. Prewitt has so much knowledge to share around nutrition and exercise. Her encouragement and discussions with me around food began the journey of a 70 pound loss. Every woman should have a doctor like Dr. Prewitt.

|  Best  |  show details
by Olga on Aug 15th, 2008

Imagine having a doctor with the beside manner of a doctor from the &quot;Little House on the Prairie&quot; days coupled with the knowledge and technology of today. If you can imagine that, then your visit with Dr. Prewitt will go beyond your expectations. I have never been treated by a kinder, gentler, caring and highly knowledgeable doctor such as Dr. Prewitt.