Ophthalmologist

Lone Star Eye Care
3515 Town Center Blvd S
Sugar Land, TX 77479
281-277-8400
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Jan 13th, 2014

DR. MATTHEW MCMENEMY TREATED ME AS IF I WAS THE ONLY PATIENT IN HIS BUSY OFFICE. HE INFORMED ME AS TO WHAT I WAS GOING THROUGH AND MADE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE SITUATION I WAS HAVING WITH MY EYES. THE COURTEOUS STAFF WAS PROFESSIONAL AND I WOULD SUGGEST ANYONE WITH AN EYE PROBLEM OR NEEDING A ROUTINE EXAM GO SEE DR. MCMENEMY. I WILL CERTAINLY CONTINUE TO SEE HIM FOR ALL OF MY EYE CARE.

|  CEO  |  show details
by Joan M. on Jan 6th, 2014

I should have read the reviews b4 I visited Dr. McMenemey, in which others talked about being overcharged and ripped off. This is one GREEDY Dr. I simply went in because I had a floater on my eye (which I knew). The charge by this Dr. to TELL me I had a floater was over $500 . He said it would go away after a few weeks (which it did not, but I certainly wasn't going back to this Dr. to be overcharged again! Although I had just had an eye exam and had recently ordered new contacts and glasses. I was billed for ANOTHER contacts exam. When I questioned the charge, I was told they they had instructions from "somewhere" to do a contact lens exam - REALLY? How to you spell LIE! I paid $375 at the time of service and then billed another almost $80 even after my insurance company had paid them over $240. United Health Care told me they had charged way over the contracted rate, and that they owed me money back. After leaving messages - I got NO return calls, and they continued to bill me for an additional $80. FINALLY, my insurance company was able to contact them. It has been over 6 months since my $500 "visit" and I still have not received a refund check. If it were the other way around, they would be billing late fees and interest. I asked the billing office to refund the amt. charged for a contacts exam, and the "dry eye" exam ($45 per eye for dry eye exam - $90! when I was already taking drops for dry eye. Today they called and said Dr. Matthew McMenemy said that he is sorry, but he couldn't refund for the unnecessary testing that he had charged me for. Two words describe this Dr. and this practice. UNETHICAL GREED!!

|  Terrible Doctor!  |  show details
by Matt O. on Sep 6th, 2013

I was really put off by Dr. Mcmenemy and his staff. I truly believe he cares more about the money he will make from patients rather than their healing them. He overbooks patients, makes you wait in the waiting room for hours, and barely spends any times with patients in the back. I highly recommend potential patients to choose another doctor!!

Apr 27th, 2012

My expierence at Lone Star Eye Care was amazing. From the front desk to the tech staff that took care of me I was very impressed by their professional. Dr Matthew Mcmenemy was very attentive to my concerns about my eyes and the floaters I was seeing. He gave me a complete exam and I was very pleased with his professional. When checking out my insurance had been verified and was treated in a quick and timely manner. What a wonderful erxpiernce I had and would recommend Dr. Mcmenemy to all my friends and family.

|  Terrible....  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2012

Doesn't care about patients, asked him to write me a prescription for contacts and it was wrong. That has never happened with any optometrist I've ever seen and I have been wearing contacts for 20 years.Staff tried to tell me I owed close to $400 because my insurance didn't cover the visit (they told me this after all the tests were done, not before). I told them to re-check, which the woman got all snooty about and guess what low and behold, it was covered. Apparently his staff doesn't even know how to verify insurance properly.Oh yeah and he told me that I don't have a condition I had been diagnosed with. He made that determination by looking at my chart for 30 seconds and than basically implied that the Doctor who diagnosed me didn't know what he was doing. Yeah...the Doctor who diagnosed me also managed to get my prescription right.Never....going....back....Will go back to my optometrist. I don't why everyone is so keen on ophthalmologists...seems like they don't know what they are doing to me.

|  Excellent in every way  |  show details
May 27th, 2011

He thoroughly explained anything I asked. Very nice and professional. Gave me honest opinions. Returned all of my phone calls. Definitely recommend!!!

Apr 3rd, 2011

The first visit was when I poked my finger in the eye. Would not stop running. he was nice on that visit. Second visit not so nice. Third visit I fell asleep in the waiting room...(Over one hour) When he walked in the exam room finally...he said I reeked of cigaretts. I was really put out by his remarks as I am not a smoker. I do remember seeing patients standing outside, smoking, waiting to be seen by him. I was not one of them. I never returned.

Mar 5th, 2011

As a new patient my appointment was easy to schedule. A short wait then the process of a complete eye exam with no waiting between tests. The Tech who performed my tests was very professional and polite. A follow up with the Doctor after all tests were completed and an explination of the results. Just the way it should be!

Mar 1st, 2011

He was there doing most of the test instead of having inexperienced girls taking the test.

Jan 6th, 2011

I wish there were more doctors in the world who were as genuine and caring as Dr. McMenemy. He's very honest and will not try to push a bunch of tests on you that you don't need in order to make money like some of the other doctors that I've been too. He truly cares about the patient's wellbeing. My experience there has been pleasant everytime.

|  Horrible Patient Care!!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

This Doctor and his staff do not spend quality time with their patients. There office is a revolving door of patients and all they care about is getting their money at the end of the visit. I highly recommend potential patients to visit another professional where they can get the care they deserve.

|  Awesome Eye Doctor  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2009

He has the best bedside manner I have ever witnessed. WHe truly cares about his patients. I wish there were more doctors like him.