A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Maurice Berkowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Maurice Berkowitz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Berkowitz
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Berkowitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Maurice Berkowitz, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Berkowitz graduated from University of Southern California , Los Angeles. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Berkowitz has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Sherman Oaks Hospital and Health Center
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Maurice Julian Berkowitz MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Maurice J. Berkowitz practice?
- Dr. Maurice Berkowitz has 2 office locations.
Dr. Maurice Berkowitz practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Burbank, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Los Angeles, CA.
See Burbank Internists, Burbank Hematologists, and Burbank Oncologists.