Internists, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist, Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile
Utah Park
Rocky Mountain Internal Medicine
1360 S Potomac St
Aurora, CO 80012
303-337-5575
Locations and availability (8)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  In Charge at The Center at Lincoln  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2013

I had the misfortune to meet Dr. Waintraub at The Center at Lincoln in Parker, where I was supposed to be for rehab after a fractured ankle. The Center is classed as Rehab facility, but is actually a nursing home with a "fill the rooms" policy. They take in very ill, cognitively unaware patients on Medicare, put alarms on beds, and Dr. Waintraub is the medical director. His task is to keep all patients medicated so they will not cause problems. It is short term, so it is usually full on weekends when they are even more understaffed than usual. The place is new and looks like a hotel, but it is a prison with extremely poor care for elders and very ill being shuttled from hospitals to nursing homes. No other MD could access me in there: only Waintraub. I made waves by complaining about the lack of PT and was suddenly discharged when neither medically nor physically ready. I told Waintraub this and he knew it, but sent me home alone with no means to care for myself. He does what the barely 30 year olds directing The Center tell him to do. Anything for money. They are all doing Medicare Fraud as is he. I have phoned and complained as much as I can, but Colorado officials assigned to be in charge do not seem to care, since so much of this goes on and there is no agency in charge of Colorado Nursing Homes and Home Health Care. Dr. Waintrub has no morals or compassion and the very young directors are fully incompetent. Some of the small RN staff there seemed emotionally unstable and did much shouting at CNA's, as well as at patients. Although I had no way to care for myself at home, it was preferable to The Center. I kept trying to phone Dr. Waintrub since he released me with no meds, but he never returned calls. I feel shame for Douglas Couny and our community for allowing this place to exist, and to keep robbing Medicare, while abusing those who cannot protect themselves. These patients have been good citizens and workers who paid into Medicare to be treated this way in life's "golden years". Those of you who put the poor reviews need to follow through. This Chilean University graduate is doing large scale harm to many, not just a few. I thought his only other office was at the Parker Wal Mart. Guess the man gets around. He is certainly not spending his time caring for the unfortunate souls that pass through The Center at Lincoln in Parker.

|  Bad doctor  |  show details
by Don Smith on Apr 16th, 2013

Worst doctor Ever, he Only goes for your money, no ethics he doesn't speaks English correctly will never go to rmim stay away from this clinic he doesn't honor his words

|  Bills for Visits that Never Happened  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2013

I went to Dr. Waintrub for the yearly physical paid for by my insurance company and he spent about 5 minutes with me. But he did suggest a number of tests done at his clinic. When I got the bill, he had billed it as a regular office visit instead of the physical exam and his office wouldn't change it. So their answer after repeated attempts to get them to correct it? He added an office visit on a different date that didn't occur! We didn't even live there anymore! Avoid this unscrupulous doctor.

|  A truly unethical physician  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

After the wonderful Dr. Simpson retired, he sold his medical practice in Montebello to Dr. Waintrub. The experience of both my wife and myself had been very negative with Dr. Waintrub, so much so that we are considering filing a complaint with the medical licensing board of Colorado and with the Colorado attorney general, the first time we have ever done this in our 50 years. Waintrub has little interest in you as a patient and seeks only to inflate the bill for his services to the maximum. He recommends tests that are not needed (fulfilled by his company), writes Rxs for 30 days only so that you are forced to come back and pay him for a renewal, doesn't return patient calls, and many more unethical practices. Believe me, this doctor will be out of business and possibly in jail in a short time.

|  very poor communicator/lacks caring!  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

fails to communicate with outside sources or return calls

|  poor communicator  |  show details
by gramcare on Jun 28th, 2010

Dr. Waintrub doesn't offer up any information. He is a stereotypical arrogant doctor. My grandma had a minor stroke. He never told us. We found out by accident from the nurse.