Dr. Mauricio Waintrub, MD
Internist, Addiction Medicine Specialist, Sleep Medicine Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patient neglect show details Patient neglect
Mar 12th, 2016

If you want a doctor who is cruel, looks down his nose at you and will leave your disease untreated while you get even more sick, look no further. This is that kind of doctor. Patient neglect and a form of malpractice. I have no choice but to take legal action on this practice. Putting patients health at high risk being untreated is not tolerable. It's dirty and cruel. When a doctor pulls you off a medicine and you need doctor supervision while being taken off this medicine, he could care less and does not care about your Heath and the risks he is causing. Don't like being treated and talked to like a piece of garbage. Unacceptable from a health care professional.

Very Friendly show details Very Friendly
Jan 16th, 2015

Dr. Waintrub has been my doc since he started this practice and I have been extremely satisfied in all things. The only possible thing that has ever frustrated me is trying to talk to him when really necessary, on the phone. I do realize he has a large practice. I do not like to use the emergency option on the phone, because it may not be exactly an emergency.

Great show details Great
Aug 20th, 2014

So far, it seems everybody is very accommodating and trying to make the experience as painless as possible. We are getting labs done as well and in a timely manner.

In Charge at The Center at Lincoln show details In Charge at The Center at Lincoln
Nov 20th, 2013

I had the misfortune to meet Dr. Waintraub at The Center at Lincoln in Parker, where I was supposed to be for rehab after a fractured ankle. The Center is classed as Rehab facility, but is actually a nursing home with a "fill the rooms" policy. They take in very ill, cognitively unaware patients on Medicare, put alarms on beds, and Dr. Waintraub is the medical director. His task is to keep all patients medicated so they will not cause problems. It is short term, so it is usually full on weekends when they are even more understaffed than usual. The place is new and looks like a hotel, but it is a prison with extremely poor care for elders and very ill being shuttled from hospitals to nursing homes. No other MD could access me in there: only Waintraub. I made waves by complaining about the lack of PT and was suddenly discharged when neither medically nor physically ready. I told Waintraub this and he knew it, but sent me home alone with no means to care for myself. He does what the barely 30 year olds directing The Center tell him to do. Anything for money. They are all doing Medicare Fraud as is he. I have phoned and complained as much as I can, but Colorado officials assigned to be in charge do not seem to care, since so much of this goes on and there is no agency in charge of Colorado Nursing Homes and Home Health Care. Dr. Waintrub has no morals or compassion and the very young directors are fully incompetent. Some of the small RN staff there seemed emotionally unstable and did much shouting at CNA's, as well as at patients. Although I had no way to care for myself at home, it was preferable to The Center. I kept trying to phone Dr. Waintrub since he released me with no meds, but he never returned calls. I feel shame for Douglas Couny and our community for allowing this place to exist, and to keep robbing Medicare, while abusing those who cannot protect themselves. These patients have been good citizens and workers who paid into Medicare to be treated this way in life's "golden years". Those of you who put the poor reviews need to follow through. This Chilean University graduate is doing large scale harm to many, not just a few. I thought his only other office was at the Parker Wal Mart. Guess the man gets around. He is certainly not spending his time caring for the unfortunate souls that pass through The Center at Lincoln in Parker.

Bad doctor show details Bad doctor
by Don Smith on Apr 16th, 2013

Worst doctor Ever, he Only goes for your money, no ethics he doesn't speaks English correctly will never go to rmim stay away from this clinic he doesn't honor his words

Bills for Visits that Never Happened show details Bills for Visits that Never Happened
Mar 6th, 2013

I went to Dr. Waintrub for the yearly physical paid for by my insurance company and he spent about 5 minutes with me. But he did suggest a number of tests done at his clinic. When I got the bill, he had billed it as a regular office visit instead of the physical exam and his office wouldn't change it. So their answer after repeated attempts to get them to correct it? He added an office visit on a different date that didn't occur! We didn't even live there anymore! Avoid this unscrupulous doctor.

very poor communicator/lacks caring! show details very poor communicator/lacks caring!
Mar 2nd, 2011

fails to communicate with outside sources or return calls

poor communicator show details poor communicator
by gramcare on Jun 28th, 2010

Dr. Waintrub doesn't offer up any information. He is a stereotypical arrogant doctor. My grandma had a minor stroke. He never told us. We found out by accident from the nurse.