Dr. Meredith Halpern MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 28th, 2012
Great experience!
I've been with Dr.Halpern for 12 years ever since i first found out i was pregnant. She's an excellent doctor, personal, warm, caring, funny and practical. She totally knows who I am, my interests and background. I would recommend her highly and I'm amazed at the negative reviews. Who did THEY see?

August 1st, 2012
I had my first child with Dr Halpern and had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend!

April 29th, 2011
VERY BAD EXPEREINCE
2 appointments. First, over an hour wait. 2nd over 2 hours for a biopsy on a Tuesday afternoon. She said the results she would have Friday, Monday or Tuesday. I called Friday she wasn't even scheduled to be in. The person that answered asid they would call ASAP Finally received a call on Thursday with the bad news. Not even sorry it took so long. Either she or her staff lied she said she just received the results that DAY Thursday. A biopsy takes over 7 days? The staff told me they came in on Wednesday but she wasn't in. She told me on Thursday she just received them--she meant she just bothered to LOOK at them. Don't go to New York Downtown for anything if you have any choice

May 18th, 2010
true regret
Why oh why did I see this doc after my ob-gyn left town? I lost a healthy pregnancy after an infection from a CVS (early genetic test). When I had the symptoms after the test she admitted she had never had a patient who received a CVS. Never told me before. I'll never know if a more experienced doc could have treated my infection, but now I only have one child and not the two I wanted. She has a loose and adolescent manner, maybe fun at a party but I would not trust her with something as precious as a pregnancy in a 41 year old body. .

May 5th, 2010
RUN do not WALK away from this Dr. Halpern!
I went to Dr. Halpern once for my annual. 2 months later I am now socked with a $6500 bill from a lab that she used and noted a certain blood test INCORRECTLY as a pre-existing condition. I now have been threatened to be sent to collection agency for payment b/c I have called Dr. Halpern FOUR times to discuss her fixing this and she has not called me back. What kind of doctor knowingly ignores a patient's call when they are causing them great distress??? She should be avoided like the plague. My next stop is the medical board. Do we really want someone out there who can make mistakes so easily and then not want to fix them? RUN, do not walk from this doctor!

August 4th, 2009
ugh
she means well, but doesnt have a clue as to how to treat a patient. she rushes through the appointment and her assistants dont know anything about ANYTHING. the front desk personel are the WORST. she puts you on hold for 30 mins and then comes back and acts like she is doing you a favor. ugh. stayed with her for far too long and then FINALLY FINALLLLLLY left to find someone who gave a cr-p. thank god!

August 2nd, 2009
I've been going to Dr. Halpern for about 7 years now. I am expecting a baby and, so far, Dr. Halpern has been easy to get in touch with for test results and questions. The two times she had to reschedule my appt. were for legitimate reasons -- deliveries! I'd only hope she'd do the same for me. I recommend her if you are the kind of person that comes prepared with questions and don't mind having a brief appointment. She tries to ensure that patients are met at their appointment time. She's practical and down-to-earth.

July 11th, 2017