Dr. Michael Chaparro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 17th, 2016
I would give no stars if possible.
It's funny, any bad reviews posted about this doctor (doctor title used loosely) seems to disappear. Run from this quack as fast as you can; unless he says you will be paralyzed from running too fast. He will cut anything with a heartbeat; maybe even without a heartbeat as well... Get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion about your diagnosis; every physician will say "you must have seen Chaparro." A true neurosurgical nightmare.

August 25th, 2016
Amazlying Talented and Caring Neurosurgeon!
For 35 years I had lived in severe pain from spinal cord damage and disc problems. I was hit by a car at age 21 and 12 years later thrown out of my hatchback window. I was brought into Palms West Hospital and met Dr. Chaparro, who was on call. He was caring and attentive. He told me what surgeries I needed. I had both cervical and lumbar surgery with great success. I am no longer in pain. He's a miracle worker! My guardian Angel.

March 19th, 2016
Run from him!
Quack....check his malpractice and see the damage he does to patients

November 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
Excellent doctor, Im blessed to have him as my neurosurgeon . Dr Chaparro saved me from going paraziled with that said I highly recommend

September 11th, 2015
Great Doctor!
Dr. Chaparro is a wonderfully skilled neurosurgeon who restored my life to its former self after months of pain! He really advocates for his patients in order to get the best possible result. I hold him and his awesome staff in the highest regard. I had spinal fusion of L4-5 and S1 and recovered quickly and am now without pain thanks to his proficiency!

October 16th, 2014
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!
I have to say from the first phone call until my last visit everyone here was a blessing to me. The office staff was so companionate and understood what I was going through and made things happen for me. Also they are so educated on what to expect and what you are going through it was so nice, they don't just work for a doctors office they are part of the doctors office. I never walked away with questions unanswered.. As for Dr. Chaparro, I love him he is direct and to the point and did an amazing job. He lets you know what to expect and takes the time to really listen to you. He is a very smart and compassionate Doctor. Thank you again for taking all my pain away. I highly recommend <3

October 4th, 2014
Please get other opinions - this doc is an alarmist and cut-happy.
This surgeon scares you into having surgery. He performed 2 surgeries on my back, one was a fusion. He said that if I chanced it and didn't have the surgery right away and experienced a jolt, I could be a quadriplegic! After the fusion did not heal and I had to have both surgeries re-done, I found out from my second surgeon that my initial condition was not as grave as presented by Dr. Chaparro, and I most likely would not have needed a fusion in the first place. I am so sorry I did not get a second opinion before having these life-altering surgeries. I urge you to get several opinions before embarking on any surgery!

November 4th, 2013
back surgery
Best Darn Surgeon in Florida.

August 22nd, 2013
Life Changing
My experience with Dr. Chaparro was wonderful. I contacted him after experiencing severe pain related to cervical disc herniation in my c5-6 and c6-7. He provided me with a timely diagnosis and shot straight with me regarding options and explained my case in terms I could understand. It has now been 5 weeks since I underwent ACDF and I was released from my cervical collar yesterday feeling better than I have in 10 years. His approach to my case was responsive, sincere and caring. It is clear to me that he really enjoys helping people overcome neurological issues and truly cares about the patients outcome and quality of life.

July 12th, 2013
Get a 2nd opinion
I regret agreeing to neck fusion surgery without a 2nd opinion. He saw me on a Monday and had me on the table on Thursday. I still have the same symptoms or worse and am looking for a different doctor who will take the time to diagnose/explain my condition.

September 13th, 2012
Saved my life
I owe this doctor my life. After visits with 5 other doctors who just treated the symptoms with epilepsy drugs and recommended against surgery - Dr. Chaparro immediately identified my condition (septo optic dysplasia and hydrocephalus) - my condition was deteriorating rapidly, headaches, seizures, cognitive deterioration - and I was about to lose my job and had flunked out of school. At the rate I was deteriorating, I was non functional and would probably have been bedridden or dead within a year. He performed the lifesaving shunt surgery, I've only had one revision since, my seizures have stopped and I am back at work full time and school. Prior to meeting Dr. Chaparro, I had met with 5 other doctors, one who left me crying after literally yelling at me that I did not want a shunt that it would make my life miserable - my life was already miserable without it. I owe Dr. Chaparro my life. I trust this guy - he knows what he's doing and gets right to the point. I would trust him over any other neurosurgeon anywhere.

August 24th, 2012
WATCH OUT! HE IS UNETHICAL!
My husband had a CVA, and under his care an adverse event happened. I am trying to find out if is reported. Anyway, because I, his wife, did not feel comfortable having him perform surgery on my husband, he went behind my back and tried to my confused, husband sign his name with an x!!!! When that didn't work the staff went behind my back and had my husband's daughter sign for his surgery. I was not allowed to transfer him from the facility or even get a second opinion. Watch out for him. Under no circumstances use him.