Neurological Surgeon, Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !! show details Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!
by Christine Barton on Oct 16th, 2014

I have to say from the first phone call until my last visit everyone here was a blessing to me. The office staff was so companionate and understood what I was going through and made things happen for me. Also they are so educated on what to expect and what you are going through it was so nice, they don't just work for a doctors office they are part of the doctors office. I never walked away with questions unanswered.. As for Dr. Chaparro, I love him he is direct and to the point and did an amazing job. He lets you know what to expect and takes the time to really listen to you. He is a very smart and compassionate Doctor. Thank you again for taking all my pain away. I highly recommend <3

Please get other opinions - this doc is an alarmist and cut-happy. show details Please get other opinions - this doc is an alarmist and cut-happy.
Oct 4th, 2014

This surgeon scares you into having surgery. He performed 2 surgeries on my back, one was a fusion. He said that if I chanced it and didn't have the surgery right away and experienced a jolt, I could be a quadriplegic! After the fusion did not heal and I had to have both surgeries re-done, I found out from my second surgeon that my initial condition was not as grave as presented by Dr. Chaparro, and I most likely would not have needed a fusion in the first place. I am so sorry I did not get a second opinion before having these life-altering surgeries. I urge you to get several opinions before embarking on any surgery!

Please get 2nd opinion before he cuts you show details Please get 2nd opinion before he cuts you
Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Chaparro is a unmitigated disaster. Stay away from this "doctor." All he wants to do is cut. He will give you a disease so he can pad his pocket. Even if you have no surgical neurological disorders he will make you believe you do. This guy has no ethics. How he sleeps a night is behind me!

back surgery show details back surgery
by David Card on Nov 4th, 2013

Best Darn Surgeon in Florida.

Life Changing show details Life Changing
by Jay Bloom on Aug 22nd, 2013

My experience with Dr. Chaparro was wonderful. I contacted him after experiencing severe pain related to cervical disc herniation in my c5-6 and c6-7. He provided me with a timely diagnosis and shot straight with me regarding options and explained my case in terms I could understand. It has now been 5 weeks since I underwent ACDF and I was released from my cervical collar yesterday feeling better than I have in 10 years. His approach to my case was responsive, sincere and caring. It is clear to me that he really enjoys helping people overcome neurological issues and truly cares about the patients outcome and quality of life.

Get a 2nd opinion show details Get a 2nd opinion
Jul 12th, 2013

I regret agreeing to neck fusion surgery without a 2nd opinion. He saw me on a Monday and had me on the table on Thursday. I still have the same symptoms or worse and am looking for a different doctor who will take the time to diagnose/explain my condition.

by Anna on Jul 2nd, 2013

Excellent doctor, phenomenal diagnostician. He is prompt and goes to the point. He is very honest and does not mess around. He will not take any BS either. Staff is excellent very friendly and efficient. Definitely best neurosurgeon around

Saved my life show details Saved my life
Sep 13th, 2012

I owe this doctor my life. After visits with 5 other doctors who just treated the symptoms with epilepsy drugs and recommended against surgery - Dr. Chaparro immediately identified my condition (septo optic dysplasia and hydrocephalus) - my condition was deteriorating rapidly, headaches, seizures, cognitive deterioration - and I was about to lose my job and had flunked out of school. At the rate I was deteriorating, I was non functional and would probably have been bedridden or dead within a year. He performed the lifesaving shunt surgery, I've only had one revision since, my seizures have stopped and I am back at work full time and school. Prior to meeting Dr. Chaparro, I had met with 5 other doctors, one who left me crying after literally yelling at me that I did not want a shunt that it would make my life miserable - my life was already miserable without it. I owe Dr. Chaparro my life. I trust this guy - he knows what he's doing and gets right to the point. I would trust him over any other neurosurgeon anywhere.

WATCH OUT! HE IS UNETHICAL! show details WATCH OUT! HE IS UNETHICAL!
Aug 24th, 2012

My husband had a CVA, and under his care an adverse event happened. I am trying to find out if is reported. Anyway, because I, his wife, did not feel comfortable having him perform surgery on my husband, he went behind my back and tried to my confused, husband sign his name with an x!!!! When that didn't work the staff went behind my back and had my husband's daughter sign for his surgery. I was not allowed to transfer him from the facility or even get a second opinion. Watch out for him. Under no circumstances use him.

This Doctor saved my Daughters Life. show details This Doctor saved my Daughters Life.
Aug 13th, 2012

Dr, Chaparro saved my daughters life by finding the problem with her brain and fixing it. I owe him my life. If there is something wrong he will find and fix it. If he can't he will find one of his colleagues and get it fixed.

Horrible Doctor show details Horrible Doctor
Jun 15th, 2012

run from this doctor...he scheduled a serious surgery for my 7 year old and when i went to miami children's for a second opinion i found out the surgery was NOT NECESSARY!!!! this man looked my husband in the face when my husband said "if this was your son what would you do" he responded "i would do the surgery". One of the reknowned neuro surgeon at Miami Children said that this doctor reccommends surgery for 9 out of 10 patients!!! horrible !!!

Genius show details Genius
Mar 26th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr Chaparro. After seeing several other nuerosergions who operated on me,he was the one who diagnosed my issues and basically saved my life.

he is a surgeon... show details he is a surgeon...
Dec 15th, 2011

i have heard and read about dr. chaparro's bedside manner here and there. he is a surgeon not a social worker. he does good work. knows his stuff. when dealing with spina bifida or tethered cord issues the news is not always sunshine and roses. i rather he just give it to me straight then stroke my mommy ego. he performed surgery on my daughter two years ago and i expect to use him at every growth interval surgery for her. i left a big children's hospital system for him because they didn't listen to me or really examine my child when there was a big time problem.

scheduled surgery too fast for a nine year old!! show details scheduled surgery too fast for a nine year old!!
Oct 29th, 2011

run from this doctor...he scheduled a serious surgery for my 9 year old and when i went to miami children's for a second opinion i found out the surgery was NOT NECESSARY!!!! this man looked my husband in the face when my husband said "if this was your son what would you do" he responded "i would do the surgery" after i cancelled the surgery i got a follow up letter pretty much telling me i was a horrible parent for not doing the surgery...i don't know how this man sleeps at night!! horrible

A concerned parent show details A concerned parent
Oct 24th, 2011

I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Chaparro. He was patient, thorough and immensely knowledgable. Ended up performing surgery on my son for a "tethered spinal cord" issue, and the surgery and his staff was perfect. Highly recommend him to all concerned parents.

Aug 16th, 2011

staff was horrible, nasty and arrogant. Dr. ordered tests that 3 other neuros (at high profile hospitals) said were not needed and they are typically ordered because insurance pays for them. I was not subjecting my young child to those tests for the business side of medical care. I was warned by numerous dr's regarding this one but for a small copay, we decided to get his opinion, in addition to others....bad move! Even after we told them not to book the tests, we received a call from the hospital confirming our appt!!!! Stay away...far away!!!

Lumbar L4 L5 fusion show details Lumbar L4 L5 fusion
Aug 15th, 2011

I had a lumbar bone fusion L4 L5. I was in and out of the hospital, and back to work in 4 wks. During the first week, I was very unconfortable during recuparation, but it got better from there after. Its been a year later and I can do any physical activity I am gratefull to Dr. Chaparro for healing me.Damian

outstanding show details outstanding
Jun 22nd, 2011

Dr Chaparro is an outstanding physician.I was in a serious car accident and didn't think I'd live a normal life again. I had fusion surgery on three discs. Six months later, I'm running two miles a day an able to hit a 80 mph fastball. Dr Chaparro made a huge difference in my life.

Surgery on my 5 yr old daughter show details Surgery on my 5 yr old daughter
Jun 19th, 2011

Dr. Chapparo just did surgery on my daughter for a tethered spinal cord and so far so good. She has had NO issues. He was right to the point when he gave us the MRI report and then gave us our options. He made us feel comfortable b/c he answered all our questions and advised us on what could happen if left untreated. After surgery he came to see her everyday we were in the hospital and also asked HER if she had any questions for him. I also heard from many people that Dr. Chapparo has great technique. Even by one who works as a scrub tech. I would def recommend him to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon. We are very pleased so far!! :)

great surgeon show details great surgeon
by Ryan Appel on Apr 21st, 2011

I went to see quite a few surgeon, all the surgeons spent minimal time with me. When i went to see Dr. Chaparro he spent over an hour with me explaining my problem,and the all the options to solve my problem.It was an easy choice after meeting with the Dr who i was going to use for my surgery. The surgery was a great success,and i've not felt this good since my teens.Anyone who thinking about getting surgery should go to Dr Chaparro he is a great talent who's efforts should not go unrecognized

Mother of special needs daughter with Hydrocephalus show details Mother of special needs daughter with Hydrocephalus
by Mother and advocate for my special needs daughter on Mar 11th, 2011

Dr. Chaparro was the most unprofessional doctor with the worst bedside manners I have ever been exposed to in my daughters 5 years! My daughter had neurosurgery 72 hrs. after birth (only procedure he performed) but he proceeded to be rude, and deliver heart breaking news to us in the most unprofessional and rude manner. He had a horrible reputation with everyone that we knew of in the area and I would never recommend his services. I wish we would have gone to Miami while we were living in the W. Palm Beach area. We now live in Boston and have the best care in the country! Thank God! Good riddence Dr. Chaparro!

Excellent Physician, Person, Great Attitude towards Patients show details Excellent Physician, Person, Great Attitude towards Patients
by Victoria Molina on Jun 16th, 2010

Dr. Chaparro operated on my son Nicolas and we're very satisfied not only with the procedure but also with his human approach to our concerns. His staff is great as well. Dr. Chaparro makes you feel confortable to ask any and all questions. He's great.

Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! show details Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30th, 2009

My premature son had hosptipal acquired spinal meningitis 3 weeks after he was born in NICU. Dr. Chaparro was consulted, gave no hope. Nurses in NICU

Aug 5th, 2009

Even though the wait was a little long, after getting into the exam room with Dr. Chaparro I realized why. I had so many questions to ask, and he answered every one of them. I've been to plenty of offices where it seems like you're just a number and the doctor can't get out of the exam room fast enough. He was also very good about explaining my MRIs to me and what he thought and why. A few days after my surgery I felt fantastic and the incision healed up so well that it is barely visible & I have not had any issues since

by KM on Jun 25th, 2009

Dr. Chaparro perfomred surgery on my daughter on 6/23/09 after a quick and accurate diagnosis. He spent well over and hour with us on our initial visit. We went to Miami for a second opinion. The dr there spent 5 minutes on his exam and 5 minutes talking to us and we were not impressed. I then make an additional appointment to have more questions answered and he answered every one of our questions and welcomed even more. Dr. Chaparro now comes highly recommened in my book. Thank You!

May 13th, 2009

we waited over an hour an a half in the waiting room and still werent seen and still had 2 patients in front of us. They said they were a little behind. by the time they wouldve seen me it would have been at least 2 hours. The appt that took over 2 and a half weeks to book. Also the lady in the waiting room warned me that she had poor results from his surgery. I left and asked for my money back. Also- my pediatrician also said he had poor review too.

My miracle worker show details My miracle worker
Jun 13th, 2008