A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Somers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Somers, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Somers graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Somers has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- St Lukes Hospital Of Kansas City
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Somers accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans