Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

3.0

Great Surgeon show details Great Surgeon
Sep 6th, 2012

I have had several surgeries with Dr. Gerhardt. He has worked on both of my kneew, and my left sholder. He has also seem my wife, daughter, and cousin. They all have had good experiencies with Dr. Gerhardt. He and his staff are the best, I have had put my trust and faith in them and they have always surpassed all of my expectations.

Jul 26th, 2010

I have seen Dr Gerhardt twice for two different conditions. The first visit six years ago was positive and I was pleased with his accuracy in diagnosing my problem and the time he spent in evaluating my symptoms. I was very much disappointed, howver, with a recent visit to his office. Even before I went to the office, the staff at Orthopedic Specialists of Alabama called and rescheduled my appointment twice. In the process they somehow confused my name, problem, and history so that when I finally went in, the information in my chart was incorrect. After waiting in the room about 20 minutes to be seen, Dr Gerhardt's bedside manner was curt, hurried, and demonstrated an attitude of unconcern from the time he entered. He asked questions, then interrupted almost immediately when I began to answer. He answered my own questions sarcastically and made several offensive comments during the evaluation. He left the room without closure and the nurse ended up being more helpful than the doctor. Although I had recommended him before from my previous visit, I would definitely not recommend this doctor to anyone now.

Two surgeries done well. No problems 2 years after show details Two surgeries done well. No problems 2 years after
Jun 1st, 2010

He's up-to-date on surgical techniques. He has a dry sense of humor which could be off-putting to patients, especially when in pain. But as long as he does a proper job on me, in such a crucial area I would overlook the bedside manner.

Excellent ortopedic surgeon. show details Excellent ortopedic surgeon.
by Jim Alfano on Mar 12th, 2009

Dr. Gerhardt performed surgery on me and my wife. We were very impressed with him and his staff.

Oe of the worst Drs. I Have Ever Seen! show details Oe of the worst Drs. I Have Ever Seen!
May 25th, 2008

Dr. Gerhardt made me feel like a charity sae even though I have insurance. I was kept waiting sometimes for as long as 3 hours. I feel that he over books his patients. He has the worst bedside manner that I have ever seen.