A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gewitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gewitz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gewitz
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Gewitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Gewitz, MD is board certified in Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Cholesterol Management
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Rheumatic Fever
Education & Awards
Dr. Gewitz graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Gewitz has 47 hospital affiliations:
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael H Gewitz MD is a male Pediatric Cardiologist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Pediatric Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael H. Gewitz practice?
- Dr. Michael Gewitz has 11 office locations.
Dr. Michael Gewitz practices Pediatric Cardiology near Middletown, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Norwalk, CT and Newburgh, NY.
See Middletown Pediatric Specialists.