A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gewitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Gewitz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Gewitz, MD is board certified in Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Cholesterol Management
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Rheumatic Fever
Education & Awards
Dr. Gewitz graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Gewitz has 47 hospital affiliations:
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Hlth Center
- Catskill Regional Medical Center - Harris
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gewitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Hudson Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael H. Gewitz practice?
Dr. Michael Gewitz practices Pediatric Cardiology near Hawthorne, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Danbury, CT and New Windsor, NY.
See Hawthorne Cardiologists.