Dr. Michael Lefkowitz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 19th, 2015
I'm inthe health field for the past 40 yrs and had an extremely poor experience with the care, treatment and poor follow up from Dr. Lefkowitz. His initial diagonsis was incorrect and by events that followed my husband was ultimately dx with with Myloma. This was completely missed by Dr. L. His attitude was poor and upon discovery of a second, then unoperable compression fracture, his response to both my husband(patient) and myself was "i'm done"! And then he left my husbands hospital room! Would anyone entrust their care, liofe to such a practioner?? The list is endless but I just wanted to post htis in an effort to perhaps pre warn future patient's.

March 31st, 2015
I think Dr Lefkowitz is the best spinal surgeon around.

December 22nd, 2013
Terrible exxperience with this doctor!
No bedside manner! Staff is rude and inefficient. Actually said to me "if you're looking for all your symptoms to be addressed and fixed, I'm not the surgeon for you." Who says that to a patient? i would never recommend!

September 30th, 2013
I went to Dr. Lefkowitz based a friend's recommendation. What a mistake! He is condescending, short and evasive when it comes to answering questions. The whole idea of getting an opinion on a possible spinal fusion surgery is to get questions answered and be comfortable that you are receiving accurate answers. What a major disappointment! The bottom line is if you want to be assured of the best possible surgeon, go to Hospital for Special Surgery in the city.

October 29th, 2012
NO ONE ELSE FOR ME
Not only is Dr. Lefkowitz caring, he explains EVERYTHING to you. He has you follow the films with him and makes sure you totally understand. He is NOT knife happy and will jump through hoops if it means no surgery for you. I have literally put my life in his hands three times and knew each time that I would wake up with total usage of my body. He takes extra care with monitoring spinal function as he is doing surgery. My new insurance does not allow out of network benefits but I will gladly pay whatever the cost. No one will be allowed to perform surgery on my spine unless it's DR. MICHAEL LEFKOWITZ!