Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Terrible exxperience with this doctor! show details Terrible exxperience with this doctor!
Dec 22nd, 2013

No bedside manner! Staff is rude and inefficient. Actually said to me "if you're looking for all your symptoms to be addressed and fixed, I'm not the surgeon for you." Who says that to a patient? i would never recommend!

by John F. on Sep 30th, 2013

I went to Dr. Lefkowitz based a friend's recommendation. What a mistake! He is condescending, short and evasive when it comes to answering questions. The whole idea of getting an opinion on a possible spinal fusion surgery is to get questions answered and be comfortable that you are receiving accurate answers. What a major disappointment! The bottom line is if you want to be assured of the best possible surgeon, go to Hospital for Special Surgery in the city.

NO ONE ELSE FOR ME show details NO ONE ELSE FOR ME
Oct 29th, 2012

Not only is Dr. Lefkowitz caring, he explains EVERYTHING to you. He has you follow the films with him and makes sure you totally understand. He is NOT knife happy and will jump through hoops if it means no surgery for you. I have literally put my life in his hands three times and knew each time that I would wake up with total usage of my body. He takes extra care with monitoring spinal function as he is doing surgery. My new insurance does not allow out of network benefits but I will gladly pay whatever the cost. No one will be allowed to perform surgery on my spine unless it's DR. MICHAEL LEFKOWITZ!