A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Okun:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Okun is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Okun, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Cognition Disorders
- Dystonic Disorders
- Endoscopic Deep Brain Simulation (DBS)
- Essential Tremor
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neurologic Gait Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parkinson Disease
- Voice Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Okun graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Okun has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida
- Shands at Starke
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael S Okun MD is a male Neurologist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Okun practice?
- Dr. Michael Okun has 3 office locations.
Dr. Michael Okun practices Neurology near Gainesville, FL.
See Gainesville Neurologists.