Dr. Michael Ragen MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Camarillo, CA

March 31st, 2015
Excellent doctor and extremely competent and knowledgeable. Have had an eyelid fob removed, cataract surgery in both eyes, and a blocked tear duct issue - all handled in an excellent manner. His office staff is especially friendly and customer oriented - better than any other doctor's office I have ever visited.

June 9th, 2011
Super nice and great surgeon!!!
Went to Dr. Ragen for my cataract surgery and everything turned out perfectly. My wife, sister and brother also had surgery with him and all are perfect! Great surgeon, very nice guy and staff is friendly, too.

May 6th, 2011
Fab Surgeon!
15 members of my family have had surgery with Dr. Ragen...he is the BEST!

January 23rd, 2011
Kari T.
Initially, I took my mom to see Dr. Ragen after a nurse friend recommended him. He really helped her and was very considerate and kind. Subsequently, I have gone to him myself for LASIK and taken my two children to him for routine exams. We never feel rushed and really like him. His staff is wonderful, too!

June 24th, 2010
Went to Doctor because of blurred vision and pain in one eye.His staff did the testing. He did not do any testing himself. He suggested I have a Carotid Artery Scan and I asked him if he even looked at my chart (as I had supplied him a recent copy of a Scan results which was on the first page of my chart).He suggested it was just dry eyes and I should use Restasis in both eyes. Evidently he did not read my full chart again as my left eye is prostectic as I stated in my paper work. Got the Restasis and used it 4 times in right eye. Each time it burned considerably upon applying and has to rinse with liquid tears. Look up Restasis on internet and it said 17% of patients reported side effects of burning and blurred vision. If this occurs contact your doctor. Contacted office but did not speak to doctor only office staff. They consulted doctor. He said keep using the Restasis but keep rinsing it with Liquid tears for 4 weeks. the eye was burning and could not see and had to rinse for ten minutes. I cannot believe a doctor would tell you to keep putting something in my eye if it would keep burning it. With only one eye for vision I cannot continue seeing this doctor nor can I recommend him. This might be an isolated incident but in my situation I feel I must seek another doctor.

June 2nd, 2010
Very good experience. I went to him after surgery with another doctor did not workout well. He was able to fix my eye and I feel blessed that I found him....a very skilled and kind man.

July 19th, 2009
A pleasure
What a pleasure to go to this office! Dr. Ragen is amazing and his staff is the nicest and most efficient staff I have ever seen. I would high recommend Dr. Ragen to anyone wanting LASIK...I see 20/20 and it was SO easy!

July 14th, 2009
Wonderful Surgeon
Amazing doctor who took the time to explain all my options regarding laser vision correction. We talked for over 45 minutes and he answered all my questions! My internist and OB/GYN went to Dr. Ragen for their lasik, so, that made me even more comfortable with him. The surgery was a breeze and I see way better than I ever did with my contacts! Thanks Dr. Ragen...you're the best!

July 13th, 2009
LASIK
Great doctor, very professional and he gave me really great vision. My internist and our pediatrician both went to Dr. Ragen for their LASIK.