Orthopaedic Surgeon
95 Madison Ave
Ste B00
Morristown, NJ 07960
908-277-8800
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  My Nightmare  |  show details
by Linda on Apr 12th, 2013

It was supposed to be just a simple arthroscopy of my left knee in June 2011 with Dr. John Hurley, Dr. Shindle's colleague. Well almost 2 years later I am waiting to have a knee replacement! Shortly after surgery my knee filled with fluid and swelled for months. I did exactly what he told me to do, going to physical therapy 3 times a week forever. He kept aspirating the knee and injecting with cortizone and saying he had no idea why this was happening and that he never saw anything like this before. I decided to see his partner, Dr. Shindle who did another arthroscopy in April of 2011, saying there was a piece floating around in there. More swelling and fluid that had to be drained and more cortizone injections that went on until May 2012, except now I can no longer walk without crutches because there is no miniscus left. Now I walk bone on bone. He also had no idea why this was happening. I decided to move to Florida and went to see an orthopedist there who discovered that I had a fungal infection in my knee, a very rare condition. After 6 months on intravenous therapy with fungal medications, oral fungal medications, serious illness from these fungal medications and loss of my hair I am on my way to recovery. In January I saw a doctor from Hospital for Special Surgery and wish I had gone there sooner. Dr. Hurley and Dr. Shindle will have taken away 2 1/2 years of my life when this is finally over. I heard that Dr. Hurley was pushed out of that practice, who knows maybe Shindle is next. If there is anyone out there that has had this same problem I am interested in talking with you. My number is 239-549-7361. Please leave a message and I will definitely get back to you.

|  Lack of care  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2013

Dr. Shindle has repeatedly kept us waiting for more than 45 mins and even over an hour, even when we have chosen the first appointment of the day. This shows such a lack of respect for his patients that I find it mind boggling that he has not made changes. I spoke to him about this, he apologizes but also said that he is always over booked. I think it might be less troubling if he spent some time with us, but he is always rushing to the next patient. We went back to hospital for Special Surgery in NY, they have the true top docs in the country and there is never a wait. It takes less time to get there then spent sitting in Shindles waiting room.

|  NJ Patient  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2013

This doctor is not recommended. We got to the office at 11am and he was already an hour and half behind. His staff explained that they schedule six (or more) patients an hour so they are totally overbooked. This shows a lack of respect for patients and also a frightening lack of care in allocating sufficient time for accurate diagnosis. This doctor is not recommended