A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Star:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Star is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Star, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Star graduated from Boston University .
Dr. Star has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Petaluma Valley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Star accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 24 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 86 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 10 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan