Dr. Michael Taba MD Patient Reviews

3.4
  • 13 reviews

September 11th, 2016
The best.
Dr Taba did surgery on me 3 times and I gound him to be attentive, kind and caring. Before the surgeries he was wonderful in explaining and making sure I was clear either direction and comfortable with it. After surgery he was just as attrntive and engaged with making sure I made needed progress.

July 21st, 2016
Excellent surgeon, wonderfull caring Dr. Great bedside manner. Very good follow up and after care.

February 17th, 2016
He was absent at the day of appointment & nobody told my husband until they took the X-rays ;( But they charged my insurance for a visit & x Ray !!

October 20th, 2015
The only thing I don't like about Dr. Taba is the amount of time it takes to get in and out of his office. However, it's a trade-off. If he didn't take time with his patients he would be able to stay on schedule. I'd rather he take the time with me.

October 12th, 2015
Great doc long wait
Dr. Taba is an awesome physician. He's very personable and knowledgable. However every time I come here (I've been 4 times in the past year) I've waited to meet with someone for AT LEAST 1.5 hours. This last time I waited over 2 hours and 15 minutes. So if you have the time to spare then he's worth the wait.

March 25th, 2015
He did both my rotator cuff surgeries and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good shoulder doctor

March 8th, 2015
Crushed arm have rod from elbow to shoulder, the best ever doctors

December 11th, 2014
My Doctor
Dr. Taba is an awesome doctor. He listens and truly cares about his patients. His staff who helped me in the room are kind, funny and supportive.

April 18th, 2014
Been sitting at the office for over 3 hours, my appointment was 2:45 minutes ago and have not even been seen by the doctor yet. Terrible experience.

June 12th, 2013
Bad experience. I injured my ring finger playing football. I went to one of those emergency clinics and after X-Ray it appeared that my finger is broken, they referred me to Dr Taba. After making appointment for the next day and filling out tons of forms and waiting almost half day, I finally went inside to see the doctor but instead his assistant who looked like a college student checked my finger and confirmed that it was broken after looking at the X-Ray. When I asked to see Dr Taba she said that he was busy!? Although they charged me and my insurance for specialist, I had to deal with his assistance. Then she said this is a minor injury and it will heal on its own and with the nurse present trying to put a splint on my finger arguing with each other which way is the right way to do it. The whole thing took less than five minutes. She asked me to return in six weeks for another office visit and X-Ray, but the next day my splint came off and I had to wrap it again myself for the next few weeks. I am still nursing my injury with everyday pain. My finger looks like crooked and it will cost me big money to fix it if it ever could be fixed. I did not get a professional treatment and I will never go back there or refer them to anybody.

August 10th, 2012
Dr. is Great. Staff needs an overhaul
I am awaiting to have my knee replaced. A friend used him with good results. She had a very bad knee from an accident in her teens and was rather young (43) to have her knee replaced. Caution: If you experience a lot of pain, get your regular medical doctor to prescribe any pain medication or anti-inflammatories and not Dr. Taba. My general doctor, for example, gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. Dr. Taba had given me a prescription for it as well, but had me on a dose three times lower than my general doctor. I have had the same general doctor for over five years, and have only known Dr. Taba for a few months. So, of course, he is very conservative in his pain treatment. His goal is to 'fix' your broken or torn ligaments or bones, not fix your pain. Dr. Taba is very personable but because he is so in demand (one of only a few doctors who make a customized knee) he spends very little time talking with you but you wait a long time to meet with him.His staff handles everything for him from prescriptions to tests, etc. Therefore they seemed overworked and their attitudes of being overworked show up. For example, when my general doctor gets results from a test or has filled my prescription, I always get a courtsey call from them to let me know. I do not get such treatment from Dr. Taba's office. If you are not pro-active in keeping on top of them in regards to scheduling tests, prescribing medication, etc. you may be disappointed with your experience.

July 6th, 2011
Always excellent
My daughter figure skates, and it seems as if we might as well have a standing appointment with Dr. Taba. Would not go anywhere else. The time he spends with her to understand the problem, to work with her on healing the problem promptly, and following up to make sure she is feeling better is PRICELESS!